DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
heyy guys..
hope you all are doing well..
i just wanted to ask one question...
why 90% of the pakistani dramas have sad ending...
and sometimes even the happy ending is not happy actually...

PS: i just finished watching Mata-E-Jaan..everything was going good and after 14th episode i cried buckets...😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I don't think it's 90%, but yeah there's a lot. :P I think it's because many of our dramas are based upon novels. And some writers have just sad endings, some have just happy and some have a bit of both. And they might have a sad ending but a good moral or just be very realistic. :) Or they might be just plain sad, but yeah novels. The circle of life. ;) So, all depends. And the soaps, well I'm sure there's no fixed reason for that, its all about the story. Tragedy works well in our industry and is quite relatable. :D
And I really liked Mata e Jaan, I cried too. 😆 But, it shows how life changes in seconds and we need to value it and not stay mad at each other. For reasons beyond control. Like love and such. And I'm sure it tells much more.. ;)
DamRyeong thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Iqra--

I don't think it's 90%, but yeah there's a lot. :P I think it's because many of our dramas are based upon novels. And some writers have just sad endings, some have just happy and some have a bit of both. And they might have a sad ending but a good moral or just be very realistic. :) Or they might be just plain sad, but yeah novels. The circle of life. ;) So, all depends. And the soaps, well I'm sure there's no fixed reason for that, its all about the story. Tragedy works well in our industry and is quite relatable. :D

And I really liked Mata e Jaan, I cried too. 😆 But, it shows how life changes in seconds and we need to value it and not stay mad at each other. For reasons beyond control. Like love and such. And I'm sure it tells much more.. ;)

nice post dear..
agree with you..n i really felt very sad for Imad..he was such a nice guy..and Hania was such a poor soul...

actually i have watched 12-13 pakistani dramas as per the sugg given by forum members..and most of them had very sad ending...
let me know if there are some romantic+happy ending drama.. :) :)
-Lostindreams thumbnail
The problem is i think, tht ppl feel most of the romantic dramas are nvr tht good compared to the somehow sad ones, becoz t its closer to reality.
Lets be honest life isn't a fairytale. Things CAN go wrong in a relationship evn if they've been together for 20 years.

I do not think it's 90%, but i get wht u mean 😆

(if u want to watch happy drama i can sugg. korean shows😛 i simpy love them)
The thing with Pakistani dramas is most of the time they try to make a drama and its ending realistic so we can relate to it
And realistically speaking, we don't really get a happy ending
But there are a lot of dramas that do have happy endings
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@TM-ZGH would be my recommendation for happy endings. :D
DamRyeong thumbnail
@e1...thx for replies guys..me too agree with u all..
@iqra/i hv watched zgh :)
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I loved Maat's ending it wasn't happy, it was quite tragic, but I still felt satisfied that Eman got justice. It was a just ending, not happy. Loved it.

Humsafar's ending annoyed me, I can't believe she actually forgave him, and they lived 'happily ever after'. Ashar did not deserve forgiveness, his character was terrible.

I hated Roag as a drama, thought it was way too melodramatic and the lead actress wasn't good. But the ending made me hate it on a whole new level. In the history of all dramas I have never come across a more frustrating ending.

Same for Dil E Muztar, Silah was an idiot for going back to Adeel; the ending of this show made me hate the entire show. In fact Silah was pathetic throughout the drama, going after a boy who had no interest in her, running away from home for a boy who had no interest in her, breaking ties with her parents to marry a boy who had no interest in her, and then ignoring a man who was willing to lay the world at her feet for a boy who tortured her, essentially killed her baby, cheated on her, and ditched her. She's a fool.

This is what I hate about romance dramas they always have shitty storylines that justify physical and emotional abuse with some warped definition of what love is In fact they use abuse to somehow show how grand the couples love is for one another, i.e. they love each other so much they are constantly hurting each other. In the real world, with normal people this is not the case. . No love is not being willing to be tortured and humiliated by your spouse. That's called lunacy.
Edited by Amara_B - 10 years ago
See, everyone would rather have a realistic ending than a happy one. :P