Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Who is Salman Khan's dream girl?
Who is Salman Khan's dream girl?

With the wedding season approaching one would certainly hope that Salman would think of settling down. However there is still something holding him back! If you think this hunk is refraining from tying the knot due to his pending court cases, you may have to think a little harder!
While Salman is the heartthrob of many, sources have revealed to zoOm that this hunk is still searching for his 'Dream Girl'. Close friends and family have finally disclosed what qualities attract the Dabangg Khan.
With Salman's juicy affairs is it pretty common for him to pick someone from tinsel town. However it looks like there is someone else who has caught his attention! So who is the Glam girlthis time? Well, it looks like the actor has decided to settle down for a simple lass who has no connection with B-town.
While Salman has had his tryst with the sexy Bachelorettes from the industry, sources mention to zoOm that the star is looking for someone diabolically opposite this time! In fact his final pick will be a mature and family oriented girl! His choice may close doors for some but it seems like it has opened them for his million instead!

Minionite thumbnail
Jai Ho: Salman Khan to show his six-pack abs?
Jai Ho: Salman Khan to show his six-pack abs?

Another picture of Salman Khan-starrer 'Jai Ho' has created a buzz across the internet.

The picture shows Salman Khan in his famous 'shirtless style' while showing his six-pack abs. In earlier released poster of 'Jai Ho', Salman was wearing a white kurta and sporting specs. He was shown reading a book with a serious intensity.

While the earlier poster featured the names of the entire cast as well as the director's credits but it was full of flaws. There were several grammatical errors and even the mention of music director was missing.

Similarly, this time also we are forced to question the authenticity of this picture. Is it the real picture of 'Jai Ho' or another invention by a Salman's fan?

Minionite thumbnail
Director Kabir Khan to co-produce with Salman
Director Kabir Khan to co-produce with Salman

Kabir Khan and Salman Khan's last collaboration was the hit Ek Tha Tiger, an action-packed espionage thriller, but the actor-director duo are now turning producer together with a film that will be a departure from their favourite genre--action.

A source tells TOI that the film will be a drama, with little to no action scenes. "Kabir has a penchant for shooting in conflict zones across the world, be it in Kabul Express, Ek Tha Tigeror the under production Phantom. But this film will be shot in India and primarily in Mumbai. It is a very different film for both Salman and Kabir," said the source.

The actor and the director bonded while shooting for Ek Tha Tiger and decided to collaborate once again, with Kabir donning the hat of both director and producer.

"Salman Khan's Being Human Films will be co-producing the film," said the source. Their last outing was Salman's biggest box office grosser and the two were looking to collaborate again. And after a script-reading session, Salman gave his nod to Kabir for the co-production.

Salman and Kabir's friendship goes beyond just film sets, adds the source. "Kabir's son Vivaan is an artist and so is Salman and the two bond over that with the actor teaching Kabir's son," added the source.

Minionite thumbnail
Why Salman's the best opener for Koffee With Karan
Even before the broadway style trailer of India's favourite celebrity chat show 'Koffee With Karan Season 4' was released, Karan Johar had the audiences hooked on. The last three season's predictability even with Shah Rukh Khan at his wittiest best, opening the show year after year was spiced up when news of Salman Khanmaking his big debut on Karan's couch broke.

As the host of the show, Karan may have to make obligatory phone calls to best friend SRKand the Bachchans who make appearances on his show at the drop of a hat, but the aam juntais thrilled with the change. Here's why we think Salman Khan is afterall, the best choice to open Karan's new season of 'Koffee With Karan' -

While Karan has brought out the wittiest (even bitchiest) best amongst some of our favourite celebs, we have to salute the man for encroaching so touchingly on the sensitive topics that haunt his famous interviewees' past. Even with a fancy set and under the arch lights a lot of celebrities reveal their deepest, darkest fears. With a questionable past that includes a wide range of affairs, court cases and anger management issues, there isn't going to be a dull moment with Salman Khan on the episode.

Will he or won't he reveal secrets of his past relationships or finally answer the inescapable question about his marrriage? There is a locker full of mysteries surrounding Salman's love life be it his breakup with Katrina Kaif or his obsession with other firang beauties. The key to all these unanswered questions lies with Salman and his presence on the show may give his fans a peek into his romantic life.

No holds barred conversation- Everyone is aware of Sallu bhai's bindaas ways. He isn't someone who shies away when thrown a volley of tricky questions. So when Karan starts grillingSalman, we're sure everyone will be hanging onto Salman's impromptu answers. We cannot even fathom what the infamous rapid fire round will reveal about Salman's personality.

Humour has it- Salman Khan's jokes are well...only Salman Khan's jokes. While the rest of the industry may/may not have the same penchant for his kind of humour, it isn't something they would just casually brush aside. It will be fun to watch Salman pulling other actors/actresses leg on the show and even more interesting will be to see Karan Johar's reaction to the gags! SRK jokes anyone?

Battle of the Khans- KWK's earlier seasons were dominated by King Khan as he was the sole presence of of the Khan triumvirate. Salman's debut on the show comes as a breath of fresh air for Koffee addicts who were looking for a stronger dose of caffeine than the ones served by SRK.

Like the rest of the country, we are dying to know the real reason behind the only man to man public display of courtesy that made headlines- the Shah Rukh-Salman hug! A reaction, a gesture or any word uttered by Salman on this topic will keep the gossip pages busy for a few days afterwards...

Minionite thumbnail
Salman Khan FanClub @SalmanFC_com

I want to be in a relationship: Salman Khan @StarWorldIndia #KWKFirstGuest #KWKMovieQuote pic.twitter.com/smiN2Z3Noh

Minionite thumbnail

@BeingSalmanKhan is my Mentor in the industry - @ssantoshshukla pic.twitter.com/YIseTGwQW9

Minionite thumbnail

"Salman Khan is family" - Pulkit Samrat

Pulkit Samrat's days of being a fukra are over. We root for the hot bet
More on: Filmfare, Pulkit Samrat

WRITTEN BY
Rahul Gangwani
Written By Rahul Gangwani
Multimedia Executive
Posted Wed, Nov 27, 2013
RATE STORY
Rated
Rate
SHARE THIS STORY

It wasn't easy giving up being television's blue-eyed boy and then living in a four-year period of oblivion. But using the sabbatical as an interlude to hone his skills and groom his looks, Pulkit Samrat debuted on the big screen with Bittoo Boss last year. Though the film didn't create fissions at the box-office, his performance was nevertheless appreciated. In fact, it also helped him bag Fukrey. Like a dash of morning sunlight, things turned bright for Pulkit again. The film turned out to be a sleeper hit and won him brownie points from the critics and the audience. It also won him a generous amount of female fans, regardless of age!

Producers too are ready to place their bets on him. But if you believe that he's gloating with this much-delayed success, think again! "Praise and appreciation makes me think about the next plan of action. My happiness is overshadowed by what I will do next. Right now, I'm under a newfound pressure. People have expectations from me. It wasn't so before," he says.

As we chat in his spacious suburban apartment, it's easy to notice that his body language is that of a typical Dilli ka munda - expressive and energetic. It's also hard to miss his good looks propelled by a burning desire to rock - the trappings of a true-blue star. But when as a child, Pulkit confessed his acting dreams to his parents, they insisted that he pursue core education first. So it had to be engineering classes along with acting workshops for him. When he gave the engineering entrance exam, he didn't wait for the results. Says he, "I was supposed to come for an acting course in Mumbai. But I was unhappy. I had always thought that when I go to Mumbai, it would be for work with my ticket paid and my accommodation sorted. But here I was doing all those things myself. But as luck would have it, just days before I was to fly I got selected for a TV commercial for which I had auditioned a while ago. So I flew out on October 16 much before my scheduled date."

The first two years involved giving auditions, visiting studios, travelling in local trains and making new contacts. Soon he got selected for Manish Goswami's television show. But sadly that never took off. Dejected, Pulkit went back to Delhi. After a few months, he got a call from Balaji Telefilms. Soon he was doing Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. "That changed my life. The show gave me everything - confidence, mileage and popularity. I became a household name." However, he had creative differences with producer Ekta Kapoor and it compelled him to walk out of the show. Though the discord was widely covered, Pulkit dismisses it as something that could not be helped, "When there are differences, you can't work together. Simple. Today, I'm cordial with her. I'll always respect her for what she's given me. She made me who I am. I have learnt so much from her." When asked whether he would work with her again, he sums it up pithily, "I work with projects not the people behind the projects."

The walk-out from Kyunki... led to four years of unemployment for him. Braving it, he invested that time on grooming himself and attending dancing, action and diction classes. Becoming a movie star was his next destination. Yes, there were times when he hit a low but his support system helped him sail through. "My family was supportive. They helped me financially and emotionally. It was a walk on thorns but my friends and family made it seem like a garden path." Things started looking up again when he bagged Vaibhavi Merchant's musical show Taj Express. The show helped him regain his lost confidence. The casting director of Taj Express was also the casting director of Bittoo Boss and eventually Pulkit bagged his debut film directed by Supavitra Babul.

He's not at all disheartened that his debut film didn't work. "In fact, Bittoo Boss worked for me. It won me notice and that's how I got Excel Entertainment's Fukrey. Producer Ritesh Sidhwani and director Mrigdeep Singh Lamba happened to watch Bittoo Boss and they both liked me. Mrig called Honey, the casting director of Fukrey, who told him that he was just about to pitch my name to them. It was unreal."

Pulkit

Pulkit in Fukrey (top) and Bitto Boss (below)

Pulkit had a ball working on the film. He was amazed by the freshness of the team. "There's a misconception that Farhan (Akhtar) ghost directs Excel movies. Due to this misconception, Farhan refrained from coming to the set. We were unfortunate that he couldn't be part of the shooting. But as a producer he was totally involved with the film.Ritesh and he made the script crisper and pushed the film to an altogether different level."

Pulkit debuted in a year where there were a slew of newcomers. Ayushmann Khurrana, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan to name a few. But he's unperturbed by it. "Competition doesn't matter. I was looking for appreciation and I have got that. We all have our journeys and style of working. I can't do what Arjun can, Arjun can't do what Varun can and so on." And while his peers are busy with endorsement deals, walking on red carpets and being seen everywhere, Pulkit has kept a low profile. "If a person in office goes to his boss every day, he'll obviously get more projects. But then there's also this guy who keeps giving good stuff consistently. He may not be noticed initially but eventually everyone will turn to him. Winning the trust of the audience is more important that being seen everywhere. I'm interacting all the time on Twitter with my fans. Endorsements and red carpets are peripheral. My main purpose is to entertain."

Ever since Pulkit joined films, his association with Salman Khan has been written about. Incidentally, Salman is his fiance Shweta's Rakhi brother. "Salman bhai is family. I'm fortunate that he loves me and believes in me. This pushes me to work harder. I have to prove myself to him. Earlier I used to meet him only once a year, when Shweta tied him Rakhi. But after he saw Bittoo Boss, he was pleasantly surprised with my performance. He came on board and helped us promote the film. That's where my relationship with him grew deep."

He shares his admiration for Salman, "Bhai's love is unconditional. He only expects honesty from you. He speaks from his heart. He has a heart of gold. He has expectations from me and I can't let him down. That's why I am cautious about my future projects. One thing I want to learn from him is how to say no. He knows when to say no and when to say yes." His next film, Oh Teri is produced by Atul Agnihotri and Salman has contributed there too. "We were at Bhai's house when I mentioned a script over lunch. He asked for a narration for the same. After the narration, Bhai asked me to meet Atul. The director Umesh Bhisht and I met Atul bhai who loved the script. The project was on. It all fell in place because of Bhai."

Coming back to Shweta, who has been instrumental in helping him forge a bond with Salman, he reveals how years back as a journalist she had come to interview him. Soon they became friends. "Earlier it was one sided. She loved me and I was aware of it. From my side, it was more of friendship, which gradually grew into love. I feel happy being with her. She's been a huge support. She helped me endure the waiting period. Even today, if I happen to slip somewhere, she holds me back. She's my anchor."

http://www.filmfare.com/interviews/salman-bhai-is-family-pulkit-samrat-4781.html

Minionite thumbnail

Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
Shah Rukh Khan and Salman are the two biggest names of Bollywood. The most powerful Khans of the industry had a fight over an issue at Salman Khan's then girlfriend, Katrina Kaif's birthday party. Both Khans then vowed that they would fall silent to each other. Nonetheless, the two were seen hugging and talking to each other at Baba Siddiqui's Iftar party. After that, we hope to see both the actors together in a film.

http://www.filmfare.com/features/together-no-more-4780-2.html#descArticle

Minionite thumbnail

Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai

Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
They were B-towns biggest and most talked about couple. The torrid Salman-Ash had to end their relationship after going through a rough patch. Ever since, they haven't spoken in public or acted in any film together. The Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam pair is a favourite of many and we are sure they fans want to see them together in a film.

http://www.filmfare.com/features/together-no-more-4780-4.html#descArticle

Minionite thumbnail

#JaiHo @FilmJaiHo (@BeingSalmanKhan, @sanaak21) - Trailer will release on 5th December, 2013. #confirmed Cant wait...:-)