Saintly approach

radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Saintly approach

Saturday, 12 October 2013 | Pioneer

Himanshu Soni from Jaipur will be playing the role of Gautama Siddhartha in the ongoing television series, Buddha. He told Iknoor Kaur that playing the character has changed him as a person

When Himanshu Soni stepped in to audition for the role of Gautama Siddhartha in the ongoing television series, Buddha, he had no idea about the personality or the life of the saint. It was only when he managed to make it through the look test that the Jaipur boy did his research and stayed up through uncountable nights understanding Buddha's personality. "Once I went for the audition I had made up my mind that this is what I want to do. I studied Gautama Buddha's nature thoroughly. After a month or so was the look test and I got through. God has been very kind," he shared. The show that airs at 11 am every Sunday on Zee TV will reveal Himanshu as Gautama Siddhartha tomorrow.

According to the actor as the series is progressing his life is also significantly changing. He said, "I can see the changes that happened in Buddha's life very closely. When you read something with so much depth and then play the character, it definitely changes you along the line. There is definitely an impact on my life. I have changed a lot as a person."

Himanshu added that earlier he was extremely naughty and troublesome. "This character has made me extremely calm and has helped me get rid of my bad habits. Earlier I used to even tease people unnecessarily and I created a havoc wherever I went. But now I have realised that was very wrong," he shared.

The job was not an easy one for the production team. "They put me through a long creative process so that I understand the tranquility and mindscape of Buddha's temperament. I was also put through a physical training session, yoga sessions, martial arts training and horse riding sessions," he added.

Himanshu feels that unlike any other role, this one gives him an opportunity to explore his aesthetic senses. "An actor does several roles in his life which help him explore different aesthetic senses. But I have got an opportunity to explore all the nine aesthetic senses by playing one character. I see love, laughter, fury, compassion, disgust, horror, heroism and wonder, by playing just one man. This is a character even big actors have always wanted to play. I feel extremely privileged to play it at such a nascent stage of my career," he elaborated.

The heavy garments and adornments don't hinder Himanshu's acting, he said. "When I am in front of the camera I forget everything. If I start thinking that this drape is so heavy, the jewellery is so much, then when will I act? I have got only one chance to prove myself and I will do anything to not lose it even if it means bearing kilos of weight."

During the unveiling of Himanshu as Buddha, the producer of the show BK Modi said that he was planning a Hollywood project soon and if Himanshu lived up to his expectations he would cast him.

"I think I have too much to do in this show itself so other projects are very far away, leave alone Hollywood. I am not diverting my mind anywhere as of now. My aim is to satisfy my fans," Himanshu summed up.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Willy_Wonka. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
He is playing his character with so much of efforts like we are actually watching Lord Gautama Buddha in front of us.All best for your future Himanshu 😳
Edited by blueAngel09 - 10 years ago