A tribute to Arun Singh Rana: you will be sorely missed!!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

...a born leader...

...the greatest King of Hastinapur...

Maharaj Pandu

So today we finally saw the end of Pandu. πŸ₯Ί We knew it was inevitable, but it was bittersweet nonetheless. This post is a tribute to the best actor this Mahabharat has had so far.

Arun Singh Rana lived and breathed the character as no one else has. When we think of Pandu from the epic, we generally do not experience too many emotions. He is a temporary character who is remembered most for being the father of the Pandavas, but other than that, he is forgotten quite easily in the Mahabharat.

When Arun Singh Rana was given the role of Pandu, it was probably a challenge to play the character since there is not much of a script he could follow. He had to have improvised a lot and contributed some of his own impressions of the character, and he did so perfectly. πŸ‘

He has poured heart and soul into the character and portrayed him as an obedient son, devoted brother to Dhritarastra, a firm but kind King to Hastinapur, a loving husband to Kunti and Madri, and an affectionate father to the Pandavas.

He has made Pandu one of my favorite characters from the epic, and for that I salute him!

Arun Singh Rana deserves all the appreciation he can get, because although he may not be a part of this show anymore, he has done so much hard work and proved himself to be a spectacular actor. He will forever be remembered as one of the best actors of this show, if not the best. He has definitely set a high standard for the others and even after the end of this show, I can never forget him. The episodes that had Pandu have been my favorite, and I think they will remain my favorite.

If Arun Singh Rana has touched your heart as Pandu,

and if you will miss him as much as I do,

please join in and share your heartbreak here.😭

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
They picked such a cheerful guy as Pandu that he simply stole the show all on his own. Too bad that most of his scenes were w/ that loser Dhritarashtra, and only 1 scene on Friday w/ his 5 kids.

While I'm not a fan of fiction, one of my favorite scenes was when Karna welcomed him after his marriage to Kunti πŸ˜†

Another disappointment in the original MB - when Yudhisthir attains swargalok, he asks about everybody - his mother, brothers, sons, allies, but has totally forgotten Pandu & Madri.

As an aside, I wish they had depicted Madri fairly in the serial. Am pretty disgusted by how they showed her - being jealous of Kunti & all that.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

They picked such a cheerful guy as Pandu that he simply stole the show all on his own. Too bad that most of his scenes were w/ that loser Dhritarashtra, and only 1 scene on Friday w/ his 5 kids.

While I'm not a fan of fiction, one of my favorite scenes was when Karna welcomed him after his marriage to Kunti πŸ˜†

Another disappointment in the original MB - when Yudhisthir attains swargalok, he asks about everybody - his mother, brothers, sons, allies, but has totally forgotten Pandu & Madri.

As an aside, I wish they had depicted Madri fairly in the serial. Am pretty disgusted by how they showed her - being jealous of Kunti & all that.

Yeah, Arun was so cheerful and adorable. Each and every one of his scenes was memorable. The entire story surrounding Pandu was actually 90% accurate. The show deviated a lot from the original in the beginning, but after the birth of Pandu and Dhritarastra, it stuck pretty well to the script (regardless of the dramatic scenes in-between with Kunti and Gandhari).
I also wish Madri was portrayed better. In the original, she and Kunti did have a competitive relationship, but I doubt she was as vampish as they showed. It is normal for co-wives to be slightly jealous of each other, but in the dwapar yuga, I doubt the younger wives downright disrespected the elder queens. Showing Madri and Kunti jealous is not wrong, but showing one of them as an angel and another as a vamp is unrealistic. They should have balanced the jealousy with some sisterly scenes too. I'm sure Kunti and Madri did not hate each other 24/7. After all, Madri did entrust her two children with Kunti. That had to mean she trusted her to an extent.
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Arun Singh did great acting as Pandu. He will missed.
Tanmaya1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome Post and Pictures πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Arun Singh Rana did an Amazing job as Pandu. He will be missed by all fans.

rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I just loved Arun Singh Rana as Pandu. Wonderful actor who portrayed Pandu perfectly in a way a role demanded. A very soft spoken humble generous understanding king who always wanted to uplift his subjects and bring glory and prosperity in his kingdom. Gonna miss him but nevertheless salute to him for being a charm till now in the show. Cheerz Arun Singh Rana
Edited by rashvin - 10 years ago
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Really going to miss arun rana😭 wish he stayed for longer time in the show .. i wish they wud hav shown more scenes of him with kid pandavas... he portrayed pandu so well..hats off to him..πŸ‘
Never really liked pandu before bt his portrayal of pandu really touched my heart.. will miss him badly..
wish him good luck fr future projects. .
mnx12 thumbnail
He played Pandu really well. Not for a moment his characterisation, acting was doubted. I will miss Arun as Pandu. Wish his role was still longer. had Pandu lived longer, the MB 's story would have been different.
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Same here.. will miss him too.. he was perfect as Pandu πŸ˜ƒ
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great post JanakiπŸ‘
I totally agree that arun has made Pandu his own.. The contrast between him and Dhridhrashtra would not be so apparent if Arun Singh Rana had not portrayed Pandu as he did⭐️
He will surely be missed..