OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
^ and less of the bechari type roles -_-
MochaQueen thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: -moona-

I think Tv one people are poor in promoting new shows. 

Well noone watches that channel anyway! Why did they choose that channel for such a great show? :S
Thanks for letting us know about this!
MochaQueen thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

^ and less of the bechari type roles -_-

To be honest, those roles suit her
I mean she has tried different roles and they didn't workk out for her!

Sami and Sanam will set the screens on fire <3
AblazedEnigma.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing ðŸ¤—
avidwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
It's pretty sad, the storyline. Adnan hasn't done such a negative role before na? Creepy he is.
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sanam.B keeps signing the same kind of shows,Bechari Ablanaari type roles.
She NEEDS to pick something different.Maybe a grey character or maybe evil Or maybe something else,idk.

Her role in Kanker is different for sure but at the end of the day,she remains a bechari-__-
starstruckk thumbnail
This drama was shot way back, around 2011. It's an older show now being aired I believe. The reason why I think that is because I was once watching this show of Sami Khan where he came on one of Geo's talk shows around that time of Jo Chaley Toh Jaan Se Guzar Gaye (which is from 2011) and he was talking about the shows he just recently shot. He spoke about  a full fledged show with Sanam Baloch that he recently shot.  It's been 2 years now and the show JUST airs and on a channel like TV One. I think there were some delays in production..hence it's aired now and on such a channel. However, it was shot a few yrs back. 
Moreover, speaking of Sanam Baloch and working with other production houses. She kind of works with the better production houses if you think about it. She works with 7th sky, Six Sigma and Momina Duraid for the most part and she does like 1-2 shows a year max. She has yet to work with AnB productions and I'm not even going to complain about that for obvious reasons. I feel Sanam Baloch gets typecasted a lot because she pulls off the bechari girl so well. Not to mention, she has attempted other stuff but that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. She's kind of Fawad where despite trying to move out of her comfort zone, the audiences accept her more in certain roles. With that said, she has many performances that vary from each other but many probably have not seen them as they weren't as big as some of her other projects. 

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meeph

Sanam.B keeps signing the same kind of shows,Bechari Ablanaari type roles.
She NEEDS to pick something different.Maybe a grey character or maybe evil Or maybe something else,idk.

Her role in Kanker is different for sure but at the end of the day,she remains a bechari-__-

I think Kiran is a matter of perspective. For some she's a bechari for others she may be this strongheaded girl who opposes the norm of our society. I for one think Umera is showing the latter here.

Sanam was awesome in Doraha, when she played that negative character. I'd love for her to do something like that again. Sometimes I wonder if these actresses even get different kind of roles because most of our dramas do depict the aurat as a bechari if you think about. 
tot-batot thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I personally do not agree that Sanam Baloch only does bechari type roles.

She started her career with a negative role in doraha which was a huge hit not to forget, then she has done full fledged comedy in Akbari Asghari, which was not too bad either then she has played the role of two faced hypocrite in Kuch Pyaar ka Pagalpan, and now in Kankar she is playing the role of a very brave, strong woman.  I do not think any other of her female contemporaries has performed as many diverse characters as hers. Yes, she has done some typical roles as well but that is because most of our scripts are written like this. Our nation fantasize about bechari aurat. Different type ki aurat hamaray muashray sai bardasht nahin hoti and script writers portray this in their scripts as well.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: tot-batot

I personally do not agree that Sanam Baloch only does bechari type roles.

She started her career with a negative role in doraha which was a huge hit not to forget, then she has done full fledged comedy in Akbari Asghari, which was not too bad either then she has played the role of two faced hypocrite in Kuch Pyaar ka Pagalpan, and now in Kankar she is playing the role of a very brave, strong woman.  I do not think any other of her female contemporaries has performed as many diverse characters as hers. Yes, she has done some typical roles as well but that is because most of our scripts are written like this. Our nation fantasize about bechari aurat. Different type ki aurat hamaray muashray sai bardasht nahin hoti and script writers portray this in their scripts as well.

Yeah, Sanam Baloch has done a variety of roles. The fact is that the bechari aurat, as you put it is fantasized more thus those roles of hers get recognized more. Also, I too do not think Kiran from Kankar is a bechari. If one does think that then I feel they haven't grasped what Umera is trying to put forth because Kiran's character breaks the norm in our society which is "the bechari aurat." 

And, Kiran from Kankar is not an easy character. It's a complex character who as someone put it nicely somewhere before who you sympathize with but at the same time can't help but root for..which is not always the case with the female characters in Pakistani shows. 

I've also felt that Sanam Baloch can carry a show on her shoulders which is not an easy feat for actresses. A lot of her shows have her leaving an impact in the end through her performance and a lot of times, she overshadows her fellow coactors.