RishBala OS- The Coffee House

bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
The Coffee House - A RishBala OS

Rains of Mumbai, beautiful disaster of nature. The clattering of drops on the roof of the car, the hazy look from the car panes, the wet roads shining with car lights, the small ditches turning into tiny puddles and ponds, the roaring sea, the soaring waves crashing the shores of the diamond necklace, couples under the shades of single umbrellas announcing their love, the chaupati being crowded with people relishing pav-bhaji and bhel-puri and most of it, the roaring and thundering sky.

I looked out from the window pane of my car towards the sky. The skies of Mumbai are beautifully different from the skies of any other city, there is a strange charm in the clouds and everything in the skies of Mumbai. 

Or may be for a sketching artist like me, the world seems extra-beautiful... The sky seems like a perfect canvas, tickling my hands to sketch some exquisite abstract designs onto the canvas of the abode of clouds. "RK Sir!", my driver called out to me. That's when I broke my conversation with the sky and looked at him. "Sir, aage raasta blocked hai, aur car ka fuel bhi kam hai..." He said softly. I got utterly frustrated, "so! What do you expect?? Kya karu main?" I raged at him. He dropped his head and said, 

"Sir, yahaan coffee house hai...aap kuch der wait kar lijiye, I'll get the car re-fuelled as soon as I can. "

"Alright! But make sure I hate waiting for long..." 

I ordered my driver sternly. He stammered a yes and I came out of the car. 

My coat followed my torso as I pulled it out with me and ran under the portico to avoid getting wet. The honks of the car had made it impossible to stay there any longer and so I went inside an old coffee house. It was indeed an ancient coffee house, from the time when English ruled us. I got a seat near the window from where the rains of Mumbai were clearly visible. Ordering myself a cup of Cappuccino, I requested for a small paper and a pencil. As a kind gesture, they got me a dozen of papers and pencils. I returned their gesture with some cash and a smile on my face. Sipping down the coffee, a whole lot of ideas struck my mind... But they literally just struck my mind, couldn't get inside and inspire me. I scribbled on one paper and then crushed it away in frustration. My mobile buzzed and I took it out to attend it, it was my manager Bittu Ji, "Chief! Aap kahaan hai?" I rolled my eyes. "Have you called me to ask this??" . "No Chief! I wanted to tell you that a few customers have expressed their interest in buying your latest masterpiece..." He blurted it out all in one go. I was in no mood to answer him and I avoided it completely, "Bittu ji! I'll talk later!" He knew it very well and he cut the call. I sighed and threw my phone on the table. No sooner had I picked up the pencil, I felt the gush of wind rushing inside as the door opened. I looked up and saw a young girl, with curly black hairs and wearing a sober graceful attire entering with her college bag. She wore a pair of black skinny jeans and a red loose top over it. A black loose over-coat covered her red top. Her hairs were left open, collected on one side and a long chain lay around her neck which reached somewhere near her naval. She was simply dressed up but her simplicity was sheer perfection. She was probably looking for a chair when I decided to help her.

"Excuse me...Miss!"

She looked at me, as if questioning if it was her I was addressing. I nodded. She came near me, chewing a bubble-gum.

"I can see that you're looking for a chair, its all full here, if you're fine...you can join me...?"

"Line maar rahe ho?"

"Line...what? Ohhh! Mann!! What the hell! I was just..."

"Anyways, thanks for offering. But I'll pay my own bill!"

"Alright, but when did I say that I would pay your bill?"

"Nahi! Mujhe laga ki you're trying to flirt..."

"Excuse me! Mere paas aur bhi kaam hai...Vella nahi hu main!"

"Yah whatever... Anyways I am Madhubala, naam purana but naam pe mat jaana! Karm kaafi naye hai..."

"Ha! Well! I am RK!"

I extended my hand genially. She smiled and shook my hand,

"Like sirf RK? Wierd kinda..."

"Rishabh Kundra!"

"Ohh right!! Rishabh Kundra... R...K... Nice huh! So what do you do?"

"I am a sketching artist, meri apni Art Gallery hai Mumbai mein..."

"Ohh k... Mr. Artist! I am an M.Tech Medical Biotech Final Year student!!"

"Nice..."

I really hoped she would keep quiet but she went on and on about herself, about Mumbai, rains, pav bhaji, chaupati, college and what not. My hands scribbled unconsciously on the paper. She ordered an Ice-Tea for herself and for the time she finished her drink, she was quiet.

"So... RK! Tum kaam kya karte ho?"

"Abhi toh bataya tha na ki I am a sketching artist?"

"Haan woh toh hai! But like earn karne ke liye... Kuch toh karte hoge?"

"Art Gallery se kaafi kuch aa jaata hai!"

"Ohh paintings bechte ho!"

"Bechta nahi hu... Log khareed te hai!"

"Baat toh wahi hui na!"

"Nahi! Baat woh toh nahi hui! Main logon ke peechhe nahi bhagta meri paintings khareedne ke liye... They follow me...to buy my piece of art..."

"Interesting Man...RK!"

I continued to sketch something on my paper... I didn't remember what. I just kept moving my hands around randomly on the paper.

"Tum yahaan kaise?"

"Baarish! Just stuck here! Waiting for my driver..."

"Ohh teri! Can you do me a favour??"

"Huh!?"

"Mujhe CST tak chhod doge?"

"CST kyun?"

"Meri chhutiyan hai... Going back home in Bhatinda"

"Ohh...tum punjabi ho?"

"Haur ki! Sikhni hu main Bhatinda ki... Yaad hai... Kareena Kapoor... Jab We Met...??"

"Hmm...now I can understand you better..."

"Matlab?"

"Nahi kuch nahi..."

About half an hour later, my driver called to leave. I picked up my coat when I turned my gaze to my sketch. My! What had I just made... Same eyes, same lips, same smile, same giggle... I felt embarrassed...but then I thought to show her an example of my art.

"This is for you!!"

"Sketch! Oye teriii!! Mera sketch!! Matlab mr. Artist! You were actually trying to flirt...?" 

"Umm.. I don't know if my fingers wanted to flirt with you..."

"RK! Please huh..."

"C'mon Miss..."

I showed her the way and we both sat in my car. She kept on going about her car, her likes...her dislikes...and how she was a big fan of Ranbir Kapoor. I kept gazing at her innocence and beauty. She looked to me as a mute doll whose lips were moving. I couldn't make myself hear what he was saying because her beauty was so intriguing. She was an exquisite masterpiece sketched by God with utmost care and perfection. Her lips, her nose, her curves...everything clearly showed the perfection with which God created her, she was indeed angelic. Her face glowed and her dimples were as cute as they could be.

I didn't realise when we reached the CST, and she took out her luggage to go. She shook my hand and hugged me with one hand as a "Thank - You" gesture. I reciprocated her hug and gave her my visiting card. She promised to visit me and I was sure she would drop by...because she was still to pick-up her portrait and because I knew that her talkative nature would somehow bring her back to me. I peered through the panes until she vanished in the crowd. I instructed my driver to turn back home. I put on my specs trying to look a bit serious and felt my French-beard with my fingers as we turned towards home...

*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay that's all for this OS, I didn't make the RishBala meeting as very happening and with lots of twists because I feel that in real life, not always you have a twist on each step. Some scenes of life just go with the flow...are normal yet so special. That's how I wanted to make it...and I hope I was successful

Do let me know what you think... 

Press Like and Do Comment. 

For more Updates of my works, please add Unknownrockstar account to your buddy lists. Will surely drop in a PM of my future works.
Edited by Temptations. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

trolldemortx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Unres!

Ohh nice Shivu :)
Simple meeting :) Loved it :)

Keep up the good work :) and give us more and more OS's :D ❤️

xxx

Edited by -Stephanie- - 10 years ago
.Shree. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely OS ❤️
Beautifully written  😳
DVDfann thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lovely update.. RK with french beard  waiting for the next part. 
Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
nice...simple n beautiful😊
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
NICE MEETING

HIS HANDS WANTED TO FLIRT WITH HER AND SO DREW HER SKETCH

LIKED IT
Mahi78 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oye I thought it is an OS, but , nice one dear I have sent a buddy request pls PM ur further updates.😊
flowing_river thumbnail
amazing...
so natural...just loved it...
and my my..madhu's dialogues...sitti to banti hai boss...😉
bikeshsngh03 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing os.
U should make it a ss as both the characters are unique and their love story will also be unique.
revti21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice os