Question about Pandu's curse

Soni2496 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello everyone,
Have been watching Mahabharata and what has me curious is all the " curses" ( shraap) being used.
Pandu was cursed by a sage...the curse was so powerful that it overrode all the good things Pandu did and ultimately killed him. Karna gets cursed as we'll by Parashuram. How did the sages have so much power? Isn't it blatant misuse of their knowledge to curse somebody? What gave them the right to place curses like that?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

india2050 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What do you want to do to someone who kills your wife-hug him and say its ok????No eye for an eye was the norm those days so was instant justice.Agree sages beome agitated very fast,but such was that yuga!!!Now-a-days you can get away with anything rape,loot,murder and sit in Loksabha,rule the country,make laws etc,...So i guess it was good then.
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soni2496

Hello everyone,

Have been watching Mahabharata and what has me curious is all the " curses" ( shraap) being used.
Pandu was cursed by a sage...the curse was so powerful that it overrode all the good things Pandu did and ultimately killed him. Karna gets cursed as we'll by Parashuram. How did the sages have so much power? Isn't it blatant misuse of their knowledge to curse somebody? What gave them the right to place curses like that?

in satyayug dwapar treta yug since dharm was present all the sages had divine power to curse or anyone's curse would come true

and in kaliyug there is no divine power therefore, no curse comes true but there is some mysticism still when you don't follow dharm and do good karm then you also have to pay for your sins that is true even today

Curse is the means to move forward the world and time could elapse, like a story is unfolding

just think if there would not have been any curse to vishnu ji then he didn't need to come down to earth as ram or krishn if there were no curse then draupadi would not have had 5 husbands

Here is the link of compilation of majority of the curses due to which story moved forward

Maharishi Ved Vyas ji needed climax for his stories hence Curses 😆

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3775025

Maharishi Parshuram ji came in Karn's dreams and told him that I deliberately cursed you so that you could die and I have always known who you are.

therefore, curse is very very important in purans
Edited by rasyafan - 11 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: india2050

What do you want to do to someone who kills your wife-hug him and say its ok????No eye for an eye was the norm those days so was instant justice.Agree sages beome agitated very fast,but such was that yuga!!!Now-a-days you can get away with anything rape,loot,murder and sit in Loksabha,rule the country,make laws etc,...So i guess it was good then.

even then I would like to be born in this day and age 😆
it feels good to think that those days are good with advance technology, liberty for women, and many other reasons but when I think of living in those days somehow I want to live as I am today.

I wish thee wouldn't have been any rape corruption, loot 🤢😡 etc in present times