Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for your response guys!
I can see how Rishi Kindama may have cursed Pandu out of shock and despair, but as a rishi I thought he would have more control over his emotions and stop to think.
Pandu's situation was not the same as Dashrath. When Dashrath was hunting, he thought he heard an elephant in the distance and shot an arrow hearing its sound, but it turned out to be a human. On the other hand, Pandu did not aim an arrow rashly. He hunted what he saw. How was he to know it was a human?
If Pandu knew that the deer were consummating, then I guess it's wrong. His situation is more comparable to the nishada hunter whom Valmiki cursed, than Dashrath.
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Thanks for your response guys!

I can see how Rishi Kindama may have cursed Pandu out of shock and despair, but as a rishi I thought he would have more control over his emotions and stop to think.
Pandu's situation was not the same as Dashrath. When Dashrath was hunting, he thought he heard an elephant in the distance and shot an arrow hearing its sound, but it turned out to be a human. On the other hand, Pandu did not aim an arrow rashly. He hunted what he saw. How was he to know it was a human?
If Pandu knew that the deer were consummating, then I guess it's wrong. His situation is more comparable to the nishada hunter whom Valmiki cursed, than Dashrath.

he was dying Janaki and when had these sages stopped from cursing someone especially when they are sages and supposed to be in total control of themselves. Never.

Durvasha Rishi is most famous for his curses due to which Purans saw turning points in History of Sanatan Dharm such as Krishna birth and Ram Birth Lord Vishnu was cursed when he was making love to Laxmi ji and therefore ignored Durvasha rishi and could not welcome him in Vaikunth Dham

Sage should have announced before entering a married couple's bedroom but see galti kisi ne kee bhugatna kisi aur ko pada 😆

But here fault was Pandu's especially when he knew how Dashrath suffered he made the same mistake of killing innocent animals 😡

especially if he saw them making love 😔 yeh maha paap hai aur usne is paap ka dand ishi janam me bhugta

But I see that curse came out to be boon for the humanity always, and curse is the reason to make things right always and alwasy sages gods Mahadev have worked towards establishing Dharm and to save their creation, this universe
Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
But I don't think kind am was in the form of a dear. This is again fabrication
We need some confirmation on this

But good post janaki
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

But good post janaki

I read something in my Mahabharat and he was asked by his guru or some god to make love with his wife as he was doing brahamcharya and meditation for a long time and now he was told to do his duty of procreating with his wife and sansar ka rin (debbt) chukane ka vakt aa gaya hai so that was the first time he touched his wife but in a human form don't remember if it was in deer form

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

But good post janaki

It's not a fabrication, Nandini. The Mahabharat clearly states that Kindam and his wife were making love in the form of a deer.
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hello people
if you read my above two posts with excerpts from KMG , you can know that rishi kindam was in form of deer and pandu kills it seeing it mating with another. Kindam was not married so in order to experience the act he takes the form of a deer. Kindam doesnt curse pandu for killing him as a deer but for killing him while he was in mating. Its basic courtesy those days to have let him be.

413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

It's not a fabrication, Nandini. The Mahabharat clearly states that Kindam and his wife were making love in the form of a deer.

There sems to be some confusion regarding thr marital status of the rishi. In case he was married why would he have to turn both his wife and himself into a deer assuming that was possible? It could have been a metaphor for something else..
BTW I think BRC's MB also showed the rishi to be married but dont remember anything about the deer form in it.
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@janakiraghunath - mam, where is it mentioned that rishi kind am was with his wife? the KMG mentions only the mate but no mention of the word wife. upon killing only the rishi turns back to his normal form.

p.s. I don't mean to be rude, mam, don't take this in a wrong way.
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is another view of whether the curse by the Rishi Kindama was fair. I will take a fair action to mean it is a logical or rational action?
In this case, this is an impulsive action rather than a rational action. The impulsive actions are carried out from unconscious mind and this is done by anyone especially when the person is in some adversity. And definitely there will be a shock in anyone when he/she is killed and the first impulse will be to punish the person who killed him/her. And the same thing was done by this Rishi also even though he had high capabilities. And any person who is shocked due to one reason or the other, will not think of being rational or logical. In the same way, Parashurama cursed Karna when he was shocked to know that Karna lied to him. Just because someone is Rishi, it is not necessary he always behaves from a rational mind. He could behave from subconscious mind. One of the beauties of the epic is so many actions are done from impulse or subconscious mind rather than from rational mind and those actions had bad consequences also and this is how this epic is differentiated from Ramayana. Probably only person in the epic who always took calculated actions was Lord Krishna. Even Balarama gives in to impulses many times. The ultimate impulsive action of the epic is the midnight massacre done by Aswathama. What logic his action had or whom did that action benefit?

The irony of it all is the rishi Durvasas famous for his impulsive curses had always his impulses in check throughout the epic.
Edited by maha2us - 10 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Maybe both were right! Pandu didn't know the deer is actually a rishi and aimed his target. So he doesn't hold the blame. The rishi and his wife got wounded and he witnessed her dying in front of his eyes. As a result he ended up cursing Pandu. Anybody would have done so.
Edited by -Shruti - 10 years ago