Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I do hope they show the role Hanuman played within the Mahabharat more this time.

Lord Krishna was helped by his devotee Hanuman to destroy the arrogance of Arjun and Bheem.

Bheem was arrogant that he was the strongest man in the world. When he walked he didn';t want to walk over the monkey's tail. He asked Hanuman to move his tail (Bheem didn't know it was Hanuman). Hanuman said he couldn't move it and asked Bheem to move it for him. Bheem wasn't able to move it an inch. He apologised for his arrogance and Hanuman revealed his Hanuman swaroop to him and told him he will help in in the battle against the Kauravas.

Arjun was arrogant about his archery ability. Hanuman destroyed his arrogance as well.

Arjun wanted to cross a lake and saw "a monkey" building a bridge out of stones. He began to laugh at the monkey and said "why would you build a bridge of stone when you can build a bridge of arrows."
Hanuman said: "Lord Rama, the best archer in the world, built a bridge out of stone to cross the sea to Lanka"
Arjun laughed and said: "If Lord Rama was truly the greatest archer in the world then he would have built a bridge of arrows."
Hanuman said: No arrow could withhold the weight of an army of monkeys and would break.
Arjun laughed and said any arrow bridge he makes would have withheld the weight even if Ram's arrows wouldn't be able to.

Hanuman sat on his bridge challenged Arjun to build a bridge of arrows. If his bridge held just Hanuman's weight then Arjun can call himself the best archer. Arjun made an arrow of bridges and Hanuman stepped on it. The bridge immediately collapsed and Arjun was shocked. His arrogance of being the best archer in the world was ruined. However he felt very guilty that he had called god inferior to him. He had said Ram was lesser than him. Krishna forgave him for his sin, and his arrogance was destroyed.

Finally:
After the death of Karan and the war of Kurukshetra, Arjun was overly pleased with himself saying Karan was nothing against him. Krishna explained the curses Karan had, and then also explained how he was on the side of Dharma. Hanuman had helped him in the war by protecting his chariot during the war of Kurukshetra. Krishna told Arjun to get off his chariot and stand far away. When Arjun was far enough, Krishna told Hanuman to get off the chariot. The moment Hanuman left the chariot his entire chariot exploded and the explosion was fierce.. Krishna explained that Karan's attacks were deadly and he had given such attacks the only reason Arjun's chariot had been saved was because Hanumanji had sat on the top protecting his chariot.

Hanumanji played big roles in both Ramayan and Mahabharat. I hope they highlight Hanuman's role more in this version. Hanuman is shown once in BR.Chopra's version. 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great stories⭐️
Hanuman was the greatest Bhakt and he was Aldo very humble😊
Info hope we get to see some side tracks in mb.. It will help understand how the pandavas slowly learnt lessons that paved their way of life😛
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I too hope the same. Hanuman was shown once in 'BRC Mahabharat' and was essayed by Dara Singh only :)

I wonder how many times Arjun was saved 😆
413226 thumbnail
I knew about Hanuman ji on the flag adorning Arjna's Chariot but did not know about Hanumanji protecting Arjuna all the while. With Lord Krishna constantly guiding and Hanuman offering protection Arjuna was blessed while Karna had his share of curses to contend with. It was an uneven field between the two maharathis throughout.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I hope Vikram Sharma will be chosen to essay the role of Hanuman. He was the best Hanuman I saw in the new mythological serials.
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I couldn't think of anymore stories of Hanuman's association with Mahabharat. I was trying to think of some. If anyone has any more please share :)

Karan's chariot was destroyed a few times, but Arjun's chariot was never destroyed in the war, not once. Not even by Bheeshma's attacks, all because Hanumanji had sat on top of it protecting him and his chariot and the request of Lord Krishna :)