Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: ratilal22192

if karna was made for Draupadi then she would have married him, but didnt happen, so he was not made for her; and what didnt happen, isnt worth pondering over

but Krishn asked Draupadi to choose Arjun and not karn πŸ˜‰
πŸ˜† but still a lot of speculations over what didn't happened is going on since Mahabharat happened.
One can also hear lot of people discussing if onlys...πŸ˜†
well dear people will always ponder and raise questions about each and everything in the mahabharatπŸ˜†
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: peridot.

Out of all these women Draupadi was the only one who was put in that vulnerable position thanks to her MIL who asked her to marry 5 brothers and to those 5 husbands who gambled her away as if she were a commodity.
Just imagine Draupadi's plight if Karna had accepted Kunti's and Krishna's offer of accepting the kingdom AND Draupadi !

😲 I swear I would call it height of humiliation for Draupadi
I am sure she would have burnt herself in a pyre
but even then Krishn and Pandavas and kunti including would not have bothered with it😑😑

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rasyafan

but Krishn asked Draupadi to choose Arjun and not karn πŸ˜‰
πŸ˜† but still a lot of speculations over what didn't happened is going on since Mahabharat happened.
One can also hear lot of people discussing if onlys...πŸ˜†
well dear people will always ponder and raise questions about each and everything in the mahabharatπŸ˜†

Krishna asked Draupadi to not choose Karna, but it was upto her to voice the objection, so in the end it was her choice πŸ˜‰

yea I know that we love to ponder on the if and onlys lol; but as Shri Krishna said that if you think about the past, you cant live in the present! πŸ˜†
shivpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ultimately its the destiny - jo kismet me likha hai wahi hota hai. we are mere puppets in the hands of God, we can only try our best to change the circumstances but ultimately only that will happen which God has decided 4 us. Had destiny not been there, every body would have had a perfect life, and no Mahabharat would have ever happened.
That's why this saying is there - "Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahan nahi milta, kahin jameen tou kahin aasma nahi milta"
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
'If Karna had accepted Krishna's and Kunti's offer to join Pandavas and also take Draupadi as his wife. how would Draupadi have felt?
Based on many of the comments in this thread, one has to accept Draupadi already would have been very much in trouble to cope up with five husbands. And so a sixth husband for her would be very much painful. Has Draupadi mentioned to anyone, how much she was pained to cope up with five husbands?

Karna who is also the subject of discussion in this thread told something totally different. This is based on what happened just after Draupadi is married and Duryodhana learns Pandavas had escaped the lac palace. Dueyodhana discusses Karna what are the possibilities of destroying Pandavas. One thing he speculates is to distract Draupadi creating favoritism in her by which make the brothers rivals of each other.

This was the reply of Karna. He told, 'That is not possible because a woman will be happier if she has multiple husbands.' Was he telling the truth? In that case, Draupadi could only be happier if Karna is also her husband. As the Lord Krishna said, Karna has his own noble qualities. Another point, Karna said during the war is, 'The eldest Pandava commands the respect of the other Pandavas.'

413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: maha2us

'If Karna had accepted Krishna's and Kunti's offer to join Pandavas and also take Draupadi as his wife. how would Draupadi have felt?

Based on many of the comments in this thread, one has to accept Draupadi already would have been very much in trouble to cope up with five husbands. And so a sixth husband for her would be very much painful. Has Draupadi mentioned to anyone, how much she was pained to cope up with five husbands?

Karna who is also the subject of discussion in this thread told something totally different. This is based on what happened just after Draupadi is married and Duryodhana learns Pandavas had escaped the lac palace. Dueyodhana discusses Karna what are the possibilities of destroying Pandavas. One thing he speculates is to distract Draupadi creating favoritism in her by which make the brothers rivals of each other.

This was the reply of Karna. He told, 'That is not possible because a woman will be happier if she has multiple husbands.' Was he telling the truth? In that case, Draupadi could only be happier if Karna is also her husband. As the Lord Krishna said, Karna has his own noble qualities. Another point, Karna said during the war is, 'The eldest Pandava commands the respect of the other Pandavas.'

I dont recall Draupadi ever complaining about the difficulties she faced in coping with 5 husbands. That does not mean that she was happy or found it easy to do so. She accepted it as her fate. That does npot mean that she would continue to be submissive always.
Taking on another husband of her own free will is something else which anyway wouldnt have been approved of by the society then. Yet it looks as if society wouldnt have minded as much if she had been forced to accept another because her MIL or other husbands said so. It was a patriarchal society throughout!🀒
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: peridot.

I dont recall Draupadi ever complaining about the difficulties she faced in coping with 5 husbands. That does not mean that she was happy or found it easy to do so. She accepted it as her fate. That does npot mean that she would continue to be submissive always.

Taking on another husband of her own free will is something else which anyway wouldnt have been approved of by the society then. Yet it looks as if society wouldnt have minded as much if she had been forced to accept another because her MIL or other husbands said so. It was a patriarchal society throughout!🀒

Initially she must have felt bad going to each husband but then she must have got used to the senario but her humiliation started when she was dragged by her devar in her state of not properly dressed and especially when she was having her periods to come in front of whole sabha. In those days during these days the girls were separated from their usual life. They would take rest and live in separate rooms and not come in front of men.

that is what must have made her embarrassed and insulted humiliated. 🀒

Even if Karn would have accepted Krishn's proposal then also he would never have been her husband and draupadi hated him to the core 😑😑😑🀒🀒🀒🀒 she would never have accepted him not even in her house or husbands' lives.

Besides Kunti asked her 5 sons only to share Draupadi, karn was not even in their lives.

maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Even though, Karna said a woman would be happier if she had multiple husbands, I am finding what you say is all true. As you all say, it was not easy for Draupadi in her life with five husbands. And things for her was not the same as is the case of a polygamous king. Probably the king with more than one wife could decide on any day, with whom he would spend the night and no one would care what he did. Whatever way his other wives felt, they would have no voice. Especially he would show partiality towards the woman who gave ,ale heir. But this luxury was not given to Draupadi. She had rules to follow that she had to spend equal time with her husbands and also she had the responsibility to see that there was no dissension among the brothers. Again the epic indicates in more than one place, she had to be the 'mother' of Nakula and Sahadeva. All this is something very difficult. And after all this, what happened in Duryodhana's sabha. She would have definitely found it painful if she was forced to accept Karna also as her husband which the other Pandavas could have foced her to do if it were known he was their elder brother. Interestingly we are not told how she felt, when it was known to her husbands that Karna was their elder brother.

shrutiud thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I admire karan more thn arjun n the remaining pandavas.. oly fault I found in him was during tht vastraharan thingy...othrwise the dude was kinda cool...I mean nobody was flawless...
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shrutiud

I admire karan more thn arjun n the remaining pandavas.. oly fault I found in him was during tht vastraharan thingy...othrwise the dude was kinda cool...I mean nobody was flawless...

yes karan was nice but his mistakes were the vastraharan and abhimanyu's killing..which can never be reversed ...

thats why this story of mahbharat teached you that come what may please maintain your calmness and composure ...dont go overboard with hatred, viciousness just to take revenge on somebody..