Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daenerysnow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
so back to the topic(!) this part of the story has been tweaked so that Karna's obstacles accumulate and multiply and thus you have that added barrier that highlights his groundedness in his goal and resolution, its an exaggeration to outline this aspect of character even further.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Justlikethat
EVen in the old MB.BR chopra's one karna's father was not ok with his showcasing his archery skills.Infcat during the graduataion ceremony he comes there to stop karana.So i guess its not mentioned any where how much his parents knew and how much were they ok with.So its upto everyone's interpretation since MB itself is ambiguous about this fact.Currently in the serial they are showing he is not ok with it but maybe he chnages his mind and allows him to go who knows.His first reaction is that he isnt ok with it since he thinks karan isnt a kshtriya.But maybe later he will change his mind lets see how they show karan taking training.Since till now they have shown karan to be very obedient so i highly doubt they will show karan running away from home to learn archery most probably athirath will change his mind.I think the only reason for this sequence was to show that even though he was actually kshtriya he was never treated as one not evne by his father becuase no one knew.So life was unfair to him since begining
Sabhayata thumbnail
http://paripoornasanathana.org/?p=245 For more clarity you guys can even read this.Even as per this version archery was only meant for kshatriya's and Brahmins and not for lower caste.I dont know about sword fighting and all but archery was supposed to be skill of elite hence i think they have shown athirath reluctant to teach him archery since as per him he was neither a kshatriya nor a brahmin
Edited by Sabhayata - 11 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Well as per dharam in those days person was supposed to follow his father's trade.Hence karan being a charioteer's son was supposed to follow his father's trade and not archery which was a kshatriya's thing.Hence Karan's father wasnt willing to let him learn this since it would have been adharam.Infact this is the main reason why karan is not allowed to particiapte in Gradiuation ceremony

Although i dont think athirath takes karan to pashuram since karan lies to pashuram that he is a Brahmin he wouldnt have lied if his father was with him.So i dont think athirath takes him to pashuram And i dont think that charioteer's knew how to fight wasnt that the main reason why krishna ji choose to be Arjun's charioteer since that way he wont have to pick up weaopns.In whole of Mahabharat i dont remeber charioteer's fighting to protect their master.So i dont think they knew ho to fight

archery was not a profession if you were not a kshatriya but even then everyone learned it to protect themselves how come a charioteer does not know how to use bow and arrow or marshal arts and still is supposed to go to war and battle to ride king's chariot.

Our rishi munis were great warriors and so were the kings and Kshatriya and and they planned battles so well and so soundly and they knew very well what weakness any weakness would turn their victory into their defeat. That meant if their charioteer was not able to protect the king that means death of king.

So anyone involved in battle and especially with a king would know marshal arts. This is one rule of fighting wars and our sages and kings made rules and taught the entire world.

Tribals, villagers knew very well how to protect themselves from dacoits looters thieves even though if they did not follow it as profession.

No before going to Parshuram he takes his fathers blessings and his father first took him to Dronacharya and karn lied to parshuramji becasue he taught marshal arts only to brahmins and especially not to kshatriyas therefore, karn lied to him. But his father agreed then must he have given his permission to karn to go to Parshuramji
Edited by rasyafan - 11 years ago
Sabhayata thumbnail

Rasyafan

I am here referring to archery this was skill of elite and only Kshtraiiyas and Bhrahmins were supposed to practice this not lower caste as karan as believed to be. Tribal's did not conform to the rules of civilized society they conformed to their own rules. and as per dharam or rules of civilized society sons were supposed to follow their fathers trade and archery was something that was meant for the elite hence they have shown that karan's father was against his learning archery. This is as per this serial which is justified as per me since for him karan was neither a kshatriya nor a Brahmin so his initial concern is valid

Now as per MB the book i am not sure what is written in MB regarding athirath and his concern about karan knowing archery. But if we have to interpret we can say that karan being an obedient son took his father's permission before learning archery.

Now even in the serial karan is shown to be obedient so may be they will show that athirath changes his mind and lets karan learn archery who knows. the way the have shown karan in the serial i highly doubt they will show him going against his father's wishes. So let the entire track play out and lets see how CV's show Karan getting training because well know he eventually will. So lets wait and see.We all thought kunti will see karan as a young child and that was a huge deviation but they didn't show that kunti hasn't seen karan yet .In same way let this track play out lets see how they show karan getting the training.

Edited by Sabhayata - 11 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Everything's star plus channel's brainchild actually. They are causing deviations and showing something that never happened. Most of the times their "Swarachit" stories make no sense.
Edited by -Shruti - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail
This dharma of civilised society where a person is obstructed from developing to his full potentials sounds like adharma to me! 🤓
The tribals seem to be more dharmic if they allowed everyone equal opportunity and also more in line with the rules governing today's civilisation.
S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

How valid was his concern about Karan's skills on the Dhanur? 😕

MB had many warriors and not all were Kshatriyas. They were not considered a threat. Also this was one parva, where the man was decided on his skills and his way of life.

To my understanding, charioteers like Athiratha and Sanjaya were themselves highly skilled in the art of war. They used their skills when they rode the chariot during war and helped their masters in it. So why is Athiratha being so hyper about Karan and his skills?

I do not think it is true that Athiratha wanted Karan to discontinue his practice of Dhanur.. Athiratha was just afraid like a normal father would be about the way Karan's ambitions grew. He being a charioteer's son, Athiratha, to my knowledge did not want Karan to face disappointment when his dreams would not be met.. that was the only reason Athiratha asked Karan to think before he went around challenging Kshatriyas.. But have never heard about what was shown today.. So about today, I have 2 questions

1. Is it true that Athiratha wanted Karan to discontinue his practice of Dhanur?
2. If true, how valid was his concern? I get a feeling that any king would not overlook a talent like one of Karan's even if he was a Sutra.. So was Athiratha valid about his fears?

You are right saying that charioteers themselves were highly skilled in the art of war...Adhiratha was one such charioteer serving Kurus themselves...later Krishna himself chose to be charioteer for Arjun...being charioteer was not the problem...charioteers were definitely allowed to learn art of war...as they had to support their warrior in hr of need.

The problem according to Dronacharya was Kshtriya only can fight and compete with Kshtriya and charioteer can not fight with Kshtriya ...so even if Karn was a better skilled warrior was not allowed to challenge Arjun

so to answer your first question... no, Adhiratha did not want Karn to stop practicing Dhanurvidya...in fact he encouraged his skill by sending him and his younger brother Shona to Dronacharya's ashram...where Drona denied training Karn coz he was not Kshtriya..like he denied training Eklavya also...and then Karna and Shona were trained by Krupacharya...the Kuru kulguru...So Adhiratha never would have wanted Karn to stop practicing Dhanurvidya...no parent would.

the concern if at all he might have had later...must be regarding Karn being targeted and dominated by these Kshtriya rajkumars for being a better warrior than them...which any parent would naturally be concerned about their kid...

I dont believe that Adhiratha ever would have come in between Karn and his warrior skills...CVs need to work more on screenplays and dialogues

Edited by snehalS - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: snehalS

The problem according to Dronacharya was Kshtriya only can fight and compete with Kshtriya and charioteer can not fight with Kshtriya ...so even if Karn was a better skilled warrior was not allowed to challenge Arjun

I fail to understand why anyone should have a problem with a competitor's caste? If the person is confident about his skill then he should have no hesitation tom accept a challenge from anyone irrespective of caste, creed, gender etc etc
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: peridot.

I fail to understand why anyone should have a problem with a competitor's caste? If the person is confident about his skill then he should have no hesitation tom accept a challenge from anyone irrespective of caste, creed, gender etc etc

Obviously 😆 Dronacharya was insecured that Karn and Eklavya might prove to be better Dhanurdhar otherwise caste was just an excuse 😉

There are several examples where caste of a person did not matter.

For example if only elite were aloud to learn archery then how come other warriors were aloud to fight battles why they accompanied raja maharaja

No Dhanurvidya was taught to all regardless of caste so that people can protect themselves otherwise it's not possible for kshatriyas to come to people's aid all the time. Why would Brahmans teach Shastra vidya and marshal arts if their job was just to teach yagya and pooja and mantras.

Dronacharya cheated his own best childhood freind who also cheated Dronacharya
so this sort of person who is clearly a cheat can do anything any corruption to win or to make his disciple win. He made sure that Karn and Eklavya are out of the way of Arjun who Dronacharya wanted to be the best archer in the world.

But his selfishness and his cunningness left forever and ever a doubt in people's mind that not Arjun but Karn and Eklavya might still be better then Dronacharya's desciple. All the credit goes to his greed and black charatcer.🤢

Had he not shown this discrimination against Karn then perhaps he would have prooved that Arjun was indeed a better and best archer in the world. Who knows??????
Edited by rasyafan - 11 years ago