How can Vidur be Vichitrvirya's son?

486792 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Umm,I wanted to ask something.I was just seeing the episode in which Bhishma was talking to Vidur regarding duties.He mentioned that Vidur was Vichitravirya's son too.How can that be possible?I mean Dhritarashtra and Pandu are VV's children.I understand that as he was Ambika and Ambalika's husband.But Vidur?His mom was a maid right.She was not married to VV.Sorry,if I am posting this a bit late.It was quite lately that I saw the episode.No offence meant.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
because when Ved vyas ji complained to Satyavati that when he was with ambike and ambalika both had reacted badly one had closed her eyes and the other had gone pale so both the reaction might effect the babies. Therefore, She had sent a maid servant who had accompanied them from their father's place after their marriage to Vichitravirya, just in case something were wrong with children Satyavati sent that maid to Ved Vyas ji and she did not react in anyway and got along with him to do the job of getting pregnant and that is why, Vidhur from her is also Vichitravirya's son.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rasyafan
Wasnt it Ambika who had sent the maid servant becuase she wasnt willing to go to vyas again?
Also in those times parenthood was decided by marriage the husband of the women was considered father of the child and not the biological father so in that case whoever was the maid's husband should be considered vidur's father and not vichtraveer.
I dont know i am confused about this myself
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Rasyafan

Wasnt it Ambika who had sent the maid servant becuase she wasnt willing to go to vyas again?
Also in those times parenthood was decided by marriage the husband of the women was considered father of the child and not the biological father so in that case whoever was the maid's husband should be considered vidur's father and not vichtraveer.
I dont know i am confused about this myself

Yeh shayad aisa hi kuchh dikhaya tha mujhe achchi tarah se yaad nahi hai
actually I am trying to find my mahabharat I have kept it somewhere I read it a long time back and then I watched mahabharat 😭 pata nahi kaha chali gayee and online koi bhi mahabharat nahi mil rahi hai

actually my mother and nani both told me not to read it after i read it and they said mahabharat ghar me bhi nahi honi chahiye nahi to clashes hoten hen within family so i kept it somewhere I couldnt bringmyself to give it to someone or library 😲

but I dont believe this agar aisa hota to kab ke log mahabharat bhool gayee hote and it should be taught both in schools and grand parents shoudl teach to their grand kids

bahut shishtachar sikhne ko milega bachchon ko

they will make these brave people their idols 😆

actually a woman decided who the father of her child is according to veds and no it had nothing to do with blood but yes fathers seed also mattered a lot

but sanatan dharm had provisions for aquiring a heir through many methods liek surrogacy adoption etc.

Like Bharat refused to make his children kings but did yagya and from yagya he got rishi bhardwaj and he made him his heir and king of bharat varsh but the sage also went to forest to meditate but handed over the singhasan and rajya to his son I think his name was dileep or may be shantanu's fathr's name was dileep yaad nahi hai but shatanu was 65th generation of bharat or somewhere close 😕
debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
New Mahabharat missed this imp scene...When Ambika came in front of Ved Vya, she was scared & closed her eyes thats why Dhitarashtra was blind, when Ambalika came in front of Ved Vyas she was shivered thats why Pandu was weak & died so early. Ved Vyas told this Satyavati then Satyavati requested to repeat this process & Ved Vyas agreed to do. But Ambika & Ambalika was so scared they sent their maid to Ved Vyas...i dnt know her name..She is the mother of Vidur. As Dhitarastra & Pandu are son of Vichitravriya though their biological father is Ved Vyas, Vidur is also considered as Vichitravriya's son (As far i can remember)