Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonanai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I like this show because it is showing the good and bad nature and character of each individual...They are showing that noone is perfectly good and noone is totally bad...They are all having their own justifications for their actions...For this reason we cannot say who is the villain and who is the hero in the show, and that is what the beauty of this show is...
Starting from shantanu - he was in love with satyawati as well as his son and was confused in decision making...He was a Raja but he was captured in his confused state of mind.

Satyawati : She was an over ambitious lady, she had her aim and goal which is not bad, and rather it was ahead of time in those days where ladies had ambitions...But the fault was that her eyes and heart only fought for her ambitions and she did not paid attention to her path which leads to ultimate destruction...

Bhishma : Carried away with emotions in love with his father taking a terrible oath which in time will come back to him and he will suffer for the same...

Dhritarashtra : Fought with his inferiority complex...always thought that people are thinking low of him, his ambitions were high, more than his ambition he was blind in the thought that people are trying to snatch his everything...poor soul, he needed a good counselling...but alas captured by the thought of shakuni...

Shakuni : He was the villain...but in this show they showed the actual cause of being so vindictive in nature...He was burning with the thought of his sister's faith...He loved his sister alot...He was wronged by Hastinapur and pledged to take revenge...poor soul again...needed to control his senses...he destroyed all ultimately even his sisters happiness in the end...

Anusha-B thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The show and all the actors are doing well. After intial hiccup in the first week the current epi's are very good.
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Haven't seen the old one to compare... I remember the title song though and it was amazing and impactful.

About the new Mahabharat, I like how the story and the circumstances are still applicable to the real life scenarios and can be related to even today. Plus, the dialogues for every twist has been justified and delivered well. Kudos to the dialogue writer.👏
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Yes, the show has gotten much better! The emotional value behind the stories gives us a totally different outlook on the characters than other versions of the epic. The show was a drag during the Shantanu-Satyavati & Amba episodes, but now it's really interesting.

I have definitely started seeing these characters in a new light now and you somehow feel that each character is justified in its action...errr may be Shakuni has gone too far for any kind of justification... but thats because of this aggressive and revengeful nature unlike his kind hearted, benevolent sister.
rimi10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rushika

Yesss its getting sooo interesting n dey r not only showing positive n negative side but dey r also showing each evry1's perspective tooo :))

Im loving the show now n hope it gets better n better :))

Isn't it a new experience for all of us😳 because most of us already know the story of the epic. But the tit bits of story telling is really making it interesting now.
rimi10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Yes,the show is getting interesting with each episode.Loving the show very much.

Same here and each episode now has something to look forward to😊.
rimi10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SAnonymous

Nice Post

New Mahabharat serial is getting interesting as the story is progresisng

Thanks a lot dear😳 and the story is now interesting as well as enlightening in many ways .
Edited by rimi10 - 11 years ago
rimi10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

I don't know about this

today they showed that Kunti met karn after her marriage with Pandu while she was going to her sasural. This is something they invented and inserted in the show. Nothing like this ever happened.

This type of twist and lie is a big put off. 🤢😡

No I am not liking this show but still watching it now and then

What can I say to about these allegation buddy😕 . But then where have you read or watched that princess Amba was so impatient and ruthless that she would even burn the paddy fields to reach a certain destination or that Gandhari was really so afraid of darkness. These are the so called creative liberties that the CVs are bound to take.
And this happens in every other historical show but I am not complaining as they only add some masala to the story and give a better understanding of the character .
Aur phir TRPs ke baare mein bhi toh sochna hai😉.
rimi10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Well i have loved this show from episode 1 i dont know may be i love the epic so much i love any show about it.But yes what i like the most about this show is the in depth chracterization they are showing all characters get about 2 weeks to show their story,emotions and motivations which helps us understand and relate to charcters more.For example some people might feel that there was no reason to show that Gandhari was scared of darkness but the one week they spent on showing gandhari's fears,hopes and dreams made us relate to her character more and repsect her sacrifice even more.So yes the way they have explained the characters are very good helps us relate to these epic characters

👍🏼Oh you have well explained the reason behind showing Gandhari's fear for darkness. Thats for us, the viewers to better understand the character and what each of them have been through. Thats why its often the circumstances that molds the person's character finally
rimi10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelina285

true...it is much better now it sounds exactly like the way I expected.

I'm so happy to see mahabharat retell all over again

Agreed, even I am really happy that finally someone has taken this huge task of screening the epic the way we really expect them to show.