Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Divyaaaaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
In book form, i remember the mahabharat stating the king subal his dad had purposely twisted his leg and caused the limp, to remind him of this revenge, in the book subal was outraged too, not as its shown on this adaptation.
shakuni also made his dice from his fathers bones as a further reminder to revenge, this was shown in the promo but not mentioned here, .. and the gandhar naresh statement was frequently used by Bhishma to remind Shakuni that he was infact out side of Kurus and belonged elsewhere.

koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
and the gandhar naresh statement was frequently used by Bhishma to remind Shakuni that he was infact out side of Kurus and belonged elsewhere.

But that was the way to address in those days . Bheeshma couln't call him anything else ...he was a KING . Bheeshma and Vidur were not petty and Dritharashtra knew it .
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@kools I agree..here the cv's have just made people either too dark like shakuni or too bright like kunti/pandu...
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
There is nothing black and white in Mahabharata ...all r grey with THEIR viewpoints .

When they tried to over ride the law , war broke out and Krishna said that law breakers HAD to be punished .

It was a matter of principle .

Although what Shakuni , Dritharashtra and Duryodhana said had a point ...that the Pandavas were not exactly Kuru blood ...the law stated that if the King adopted and the adoption or fertilization with the sperm of another was done with HIS consent , the son was legally his heir .

But personal resentment ran high ...the fury that life is SO unfair simmered in the Duryodhana camp . Till the end he was not ready to share the Kuru kingdom with those who were not even of Kuru dynasty .

All what they show ...the Kurus as some gundas strutting arrogantly in markets is rubbish .

The thirteen years that the Pandavas were exiled , Duryodhana ruled the kingdom ably . He looked after administrative affairs well .
If only they showed clashes of viewpoints instead of extremes . Duryodhana had two sides . He was an excellent big brother ...his brothers were ready to lay their life for him , a loving husband to Bhanumati , an able administrator and a good warrior ...he gave Bheema a tough fight till the end and was ultimately killed due to trickery .

But the same Duryodhana tried to harm the Pandavas right since his adolescent age ...Bheema's poisoning in the picnic arranged by him and later the house of lac at Varnawat shows him as unscruplous . He was always determined not to let anything come in his way of attaining the kingship as he felt life had been unfair to his father . His father was blind , not he , was his feeling . He told Krishna he would not give even 5 villages to the Pandavas as they were not of their family . Forget 5 villages i won't give land even on the tip of a needle he cried angrily . Even for him it was a matter of principle . A principle grossly misplaced said Sri Krishna .
Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 10 years ago
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
But conception does not count dear ...the first birth does . And Yudhishtir came in the world first . Also this dropping from sky is something shown in serial ...in Mahabharata it is merely mentioned that 'tej' was received by Kunti ...'tej' has many meanings in Sanskrit ...aura and sperm both .
Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 10 years ago
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
May be he did but it was just his bad luck that his mother gave birth later ...that was the law .
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: charizard

well yudi being elder than dury is also quite controversial. dury was conceived first. in fact all the 100 kauravas and dusshala except yuyu were conceived before yudi. so in a way they all were elder than yudi. dyru may have been born after yudi but then yudi just dropped from the sky. besides if we think about conception then all kauravas were conceived before yudi.

Yes they were conceived before pandavas but weren't they were just seeds when they were delievered as a lump after pandavas birth that is when Gandhari struck her stomach after she heard that kunti gave birth to yudhisthir

Here I found this link when I searched for the age of Duryodhan at the time Mahabharat took place but am not sure about the authenticity of this info

Age of Lord Krishna was 161 years. At the first sight, it may appear to be absurd. But it should be mentioned here that, according to Hindu scriptures, the normal life span of human beings is 400 years in Krita (or Satya), 300 years in Treta, 200 years in Dwapara and 100 years in Kali Yuga. In fact, during the Kurukshetra War, most of the military top brass of both Kauravas and Pandavas were more than 100 years old.

Arjuna was 89 (more or less)

Duryodhana was 90.

Yudhistra was 91

Karana was 105

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101229055649AAHg3yX

but I heard read somewhere that Duryodhan was 40 yrs old when he died and his youngest brother was 16 yrs old and all the 100 kauravs did not come out of the clay pitchar at one time they came out over time gradually I will try to find that link where i read it

Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail
Here is the link of chronology of Mahabharat which tells us about the age of several people

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3787413
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: charizard

dear these ages are highly wrong. krish was younger than kar and yudi. then how can his age be more that them i.e 161 while of the latter two being only 91 and 105

hmmm and I heard that when krishn died he was 125 yrs old
but what does Ved Vyas ji's Mahabharat says???? How old was he?????

karn was 16 yr older then Yudhisthir according to the chronology 😕😕
Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
413226 thumbnail

Mindboggling ages! 😲 What was Bheeshma's age when he fought the MB war?