DOTW: Do you think that Pandu would have... - Page 3

Poll

... accepted Karna as his son had Kunti fessed up to him?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I didn't put the option there in my choices, b'cos at the point of time that I'm asking about, Pandu had already abdicated. Remember, in the Rama-Sita case, Rama exiled Sita b'cos he was still the king, but he never disowned her as a wife. But in this case, Pandu was no longer the king, so had he disowned Kunti, it could only have been in terms of terminating the marriage.

I happen to think that Pandu would have accepted Karna had Kunti fessed up to him after Rishi Kindam's curse. However, I think it's an open question had Kunti fessed up any earlier - had she told him after her wedding about this, he may have considered her impure and abandoned her for Madri. I think the latter is a tough call, and in this case, Satyavati, Bheeshma or the subjects may have been in a position to force him to disown Kunti. But I don't agree that either Dhritarashtra nor Shakuni could have done that (Shakuni was actually not in the picture, contrary to the serials) Given that Bheeshma may have approached Shalya b'cos of his knowledge of Kunti/Karna's secret, it may not have been such a smooth sailing for Kunti had her secret come out that early.

Why i feel Dhritrashtra, Shakuni would have forced Pandu to disown her is because ...these are the people who were heart by Pandu's Rajyabhishek...and in seek of revenge they would have just used the opportunity to question Pandu's and related people credibility ...which they did all their life whenever they found an opportunity...

I dont see any reason for which Bheeshma would have forced Pandu to disown Kunti...because even if she did not tell secret ...Bheeshma was still aware of it...and if he had problem with that he wouldn't have approved Pandu-Kunti marriage in first place...on contrary i think Bheeshma would have supported Kunti if she had told to Pandu that karna is her son.

and regarding Pandu...which is question here..in either period of time...either at the time of marriage or even after Kindam's curse...Pandu would have accepted Kunti...knowing his dadi's similar fate...in consultation with Bheeshma and vidur

Edited by snehalS - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Shakuni was an outsider, & Dhritarashtra was not even the king - he'd be in no position to influence something like this. As king, Pandu would be supreme, but if the opinion of his elders mattered, then the opinions of Satyavati, Ambalika & Bheeshma would have been what mattered. Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Vidura would have been irrelevant here.

The Pandu-Gandhari closeness in this serial is about as fictional as Karna celebrating Pandu's marriage.
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Shakuni was an outsider, & Dhritarashtra was not even the king - he'd be in no position to influence something like this. As king, Pandu would be supreme, but if the opinion of his elders mattered, then the opinions of Satyavati, Ambalika & Bheeshma would have been what mattered. Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Vidura would have been irrelevant here.

The Pandu-Gandhari closeness in this serial is about as fictional as Karna celebrating Pandu's marriage.

Very true,, But although Dhridhrashtra was a prince and did not have any authority, Pandu tried to pacify him all through. I think Pandu had the residual guilt that while he certainly did his duty to his kingdom, he took away what his brother thought was his birthright..
Dhridhrashtra also never backed away from rubbing this on Pandu's face.. One of the main reasons Pandu goes for consolidating the kingdom is to apeace Dhridhrashtra by making him the in-charge during his absence..

So, although on paper Dhridhrashtra's words would have held nothing, I think to Pandu, it would have meant a lot.. As Shakuni shoots using Dhridhrashtra's shoulders, his words would be what Dhrishrashtra would have uttered..

But there is also this outside chance that like Pandu took up the kingdom, he would have not taken Dhridhrashtra's words on Kunthi if the truth had been known. 😊
navya19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice question :)) I think Pandu would have excepted Karna, but dhitarastra & others might have reacted to this...
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Justlikethat1

There is nothing in the texts to suggest that Pandu was on an appeasement track w/ Dhritarashtra - that again is yet another BRC invention - nobody knows what the relationship b/w the 2 were. Pandu may have had the same attitude as Yudhisthir (which is what was shown in BRC) or he may have had the same attitude as Arjun. Nobody knows, and the CVs are just applying the saas-bahu template here - Pandu & Kunti are all lovey dovey w/ Dhritarashtra, while Dhritarashtra hates them. Gandhari too has been made too much of a saint - I preferred DBSK's portrayal of Gandhari
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i tihnk if he knew abt it after getting the curse he wud have accepted karna..coz sum versions say tht he in fact had proposed niyog in the first place to kunti and madri..so this wudnt have been an issue..but the rest of the royal family wud have defo kicked kunti and karna out..
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
interesting topic , but it's difficult to tell whether he'd have accepted him or not