Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

413226 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

. The King was just looking at the banks at a beautiful woman (I think this is the fisherwoman you meant) and his germ got swallowed by the fish. Since it was actually a nymph, the king's cells grew as normal humans only. Then the chief fisherman caught the fish, and cut it open, releasing the twins inside it. One was a boy and the other was a girl.

The births of humans in MB is getting more weird! I can understand Niyog , surrogate mothers and sperm donation but now a baby born out of a human -fish combination is a bit too far fetched dont you think 😕 Inter breeding between species is not possible as far as I have read!
Sweet_Krishna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even though she was born of a King , she was raised by a fisherman. So she no longer was a princess by her upbringing but a fisher woman. She could not claim her royal lineage. Had she been raised as a princess she would have been considered as one.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Surya
Hmm i dotn know but in Jaya:Reteeling of Mahabharata this story has been narrated for King chedi styavati's father only.But may be it was for another king as well who knows there is so much confusion regarding MB's stories
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: peridot.

The births of humans in MB is getting more weird! I can understand Niyog , surrogate mothers and sperm donation but now a baby born out of a human -fish combination is a bit too far fetched dont you think 😕 Inter breeding between species is not possible as far as I have read!

Even the Ramayana has a story like that.

After setting Lanka on fire, Hanuman doused his tail in the ocean and wiped some sweat off his face. A drop of his sweat was swallowed by a crocodile and she became pregnant. The crocodile was later caught and killed by the cook of Patal Lok, who worked for its King Ahi Ravan. Cutting the crocodile open, the cook saw a baby vanar inside and showed him to Ahi Ravan, who raised him as his own and appointed him as the guard of Patal Lok. Later, when Ahi Ravan kidnapped Ram and Lakshman upon the orders of Ravan, Hanuman went to Patal Lok to rescue them. Before he could enter, he was stopped by a teenage vanar who introduced himself as Makaradhwaja, the son of Hanuman (don't ask me how he knew). It was then that Hanuman realized he had a son though he himself was a Brahmachaari. 😆
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
These strange and mysterious births are what prevent our puranas from being called "history". Although we believe they really happened, there is always a supernatural element to them which cannot be explained by science or technology. That is why they are religious scriptures and not mere history books. Even the Mahabharat, which is far less spiritual than the Ramayan, still has a spiritual element to it.

Think about the birth of Sita in Ramayan. How could a baby survive underground for so long without air? It is next to impossible, but because she was a Goddess, she was able to survive until King Janak found her.

How could Draupadi and Dhrishtadyumna appear from fire? It is next to impossible that today, we hear of humans appearing out of fire.

How could Duryodhan and his brothers be born from clay pots? When Gandhari beat her stomach when she was pregnant and had a "miscarriage", Vyasa took the bloody remains of the fetus and put a piece each in 100 clay pots. With his spiritual energy, he was able to bring life to the dead remains, but today no one would be able to do that.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Even the Ramayana has a story like that.

After setting Lanka on fire, Hanuman doused his tail in the ocean and wiped some sweat off his face. A drop of his sweat was swallowed by a crocodile and she became pregnant. The crocodile was later caught and killed by the cook of Patal Lok, who worked for its King Ahi Ravan. Cutting the crocodile open, the cook saw a baby vanar inside and showed him to Ahi Ravan, who raised him as his own and appointed him as the guard of Patal Lok. Later, when Ahi Ravan kidnapped Ram and Lakshman upon the orders of Ravan, Hanuman went to Patal Lok to rescue them. Before he could enter, he was stopped by a teenage vanar who introduced himself as Makaradhwaja, the son of Hanuman (don't ask me how he knew). It was then that Hanuman realized he had a son though he himself was a Brahmachaari. 😆

Yes I had read that one 😆 If only Bheeshma had thrown his sweat into a sea and some fish had swallowed it and got pregnant there would have been no need for the Niyog and no Dhriti or Pandu or the MB war 😆
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yes I had read that one 😆 If only Bheeshma had thrown his sweat into a sea and some fish had swallowed it and got pregnant there would have been no need for the Niyog and no Dhriti or Pandu or the MB war 😆

🤣

Word Count: 0

S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

🤣🤣🤣 that was hillarious...

Bhesshma must have thought of that but then it would have lead to situations which ultimately will break his Pratigya...of not coming in path of throne for Satyawati children...so he might have dropped that idea...thanks for that laughter dose😆😆
Edited by snehalS - 11 years ago
S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

These strange and mysterious births are what prevent our puranas from being called "history". Although we believe they really happened, there is always a supernatural element to them which cannot be explained by science or technology. That is why they are religious scriptures and not mere history books. Even the Mahabharat, which is far less spiritual than the Ramayan, still has a spiritual element to it.

Think about the birth of Sita in Ramayan. How could a baby survive underground for so long without air? It is next to impossible, but because she was a Goddess, she was able to survive until King Janak found her.

How could Draupadi and Dhrishtadyumna appear from fire? It is next to impossible that today, we hear of humans appearing out of fire.

How could Duryodhan and his brothers be born from clay pots? When Gandhari beat her stomach when she was pregnant and had a "miscarriage", Vyasa took the bloody remains of the fetus and put a piece each in 100 clay pots. With his spiritual energy, he was able to bring life to the dead remains, but today no one would be able to do that.

That true...it is becoz of this un-explainable event in our Purana's...it is difficult for the people to believe it...but with so called progress of Science and technology ...now we know that surrogacy, sperm donation, IVF, cloning has a possibility...may be later we will also have breeding between different species attempted and explained..as we know that we all have common evolution origins...and then may be somethings which can explain Birth of Sita..Draupadi and Dhrishtadyumna and many such births
surdr thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yes thats true .she has 2 more sons one elder to vichitraveerya he is vyas from a rishi named Parashara .She left her son after birth who then became a saint.. it is vyasa who through his powers gives childern to satyavatis daughter-in- laws.