Dhritarastra - good acting !

dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I am really liking the actor playing Dhritarastra. I think he is doing an excellent job. Don't know his name. I will have to look him up.

- showing the hurt/insult of being blind with no fault of his.
- Taking out the anger on his wife
- Accusing brother of treachery
- the ambition of him wanting to become the king and esp that it was his right since he was the oldest.

I liked the way they have showed Dhriti-Gandhari's story. They took time to each one as an indiviual first, thier views, aspirations from life. And then his expectations from a wife to be his eyes. Her wanting to go through the same pain as her husband. This part was never addressed in the old MB.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tinacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes the actor playing Dritarashtra has been very impressive so far. Even Vidur and Pandu also doing well..
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
A well written post..the show is getting very interesting n the guy playing Dhrit is just outstanding n very expressive :)
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes i agree the guy playing dhridhrashtra is a good actor all his emotions are clearly understood.Infact i think they have done a bang on job casting wise i dont think there is even one actor who acts badly.They have devulged deeper into dhridhrahstra's character to help us understand his pain and insult now i understand where duryodhan gets his stubborness from
angelina285 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
seriously...actually too gud...never found such a gud actor for his character.Infact to be honest I never even cared who played dritarashtra but this actor makes you notice him and even only notice him
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This actor makes you actually feel bad for dhridhrashtra
daenerysnow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That moment in one scene after he's stormed out from hearing Vidhurs words, after being prised away of his dream of procuring the throne, he converses with Gandhari for a while and begins to laugh, his laughs of madness quickly subside into sobbing, thenceforth buries himself into the warmth of ever loyal and loving wife Gandhari, who draws him close into her, it truly speaks to his fragility and helplessness; that momentary glimpse into his inner chaos via his feverish emotions from his outer demonstration of dominance and arrogance before his wife to one of feebleness as he breaks down before his selfpride picks up again and he shuns her away from him... The whole scene was brilliantly played out by both actors, it induced me to feel somewhat sorry on behalf of his pitiful condition as a man afflicted by fate , constricted due to blindness but moreover a man in need of the reassuring warmth of a patient loving wife who will always remain by his side, till death do us part etc; poor Gandhari has made an attwnpt to join Dhritarashtra as such so to close the distance between them yet he fails presently to acknowledge her devotedness to him.
I didn't think that actor d pull off the role that well judging from his youthful boyish looks but when he got talking in that manly voice, i was convinced, and his apt expressiveness through his eyes conveys well the evident desperation which Dhritarashtra found himself within. I am quite impressed, he fits in perfectly as does respective wife
There's just so much to all these characters inhabiting the Mahabharata, because of their human condition and reverberation to ours. I hope others who are introduced into the steory as it creeps ever slowly forward don't dissappoint, esp 2 important figures who have not arrived yet, because after seeing the trailer, me not so sure, as there wasnt any presence to them..we'll see.
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes, even I am impressed with the new Dhrits. And the pain and agony that he felt was really touching.
Could somebody please let us know his name.
shivpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rimi10

yes, even I am impressed with the new Dhrits. And the pain and agony that he felt was really touching.

Could somebody please let us know his name.

His name is - Thakur Anoop Singh 😊 And I agree with @rangeeni, in the initial episodes I was kindof disappointed with Dhrits' young looks as we all had an image of dhrit as a meek old guy wid mustache and eyes always rolled up etc 😆 so I was quite taken aback wen dis young and well-built guy came on screen! wasn't sure if he cud act coz he seemed more of a model straight out of d gym type! But in d following episodes he simply stole the show !👏 After Bhishm, Dhrit stands out of the lot, makes his presence felt wid his impactful performance ! I loved his scenes wid Gandhari, Pandu and recent convo wid shakuni. There's a very thin line between great acting and overacting, most young actors tend 2 cross it, but dis guy knows it very well. Excellent performer 👍🏼
Edited by shivpriya - 11 years ago
Kavyyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Anoop is doing a fab job in the role of Dritarashtra. Excellent casting so far by the team. 👏