suicidal or strategyst?

JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
ok i hv another question that cd hv debatable povs..i am no supporter of duri(duryodhyan) simply bcoz d way he treated draupadi is unpardonable..bt ws duri just gredy dumb n suicidal in wishing to regain indraprastha or did bheesma gv indraprastha to pandavas inspite of being depleted n nt that much economicaly devloped knowing that it hd locational advantages 4m whr missiles types weapons cd b released due its altitude favouring so(much like kashmir which India dnt wish to gv away bcoz 1 of d reason being d locational advantage 4 launching missiles) n so may b later duri understood it(bheesma ws clever he wdnt hv dun any unequal division he wdnt hv dun injustice to pandavas if indraprastha realy hd nothing bt ashes y wd bheesma gv it 2 pandavas he cnt b so unfair he wsnt biased evr) n felt insecured feared that d pandavas being technicaly more better warriors cd any day attack hastinapur if they wished to?n so may b he wanted to regain watevr pandavas were given?i mean if he wsnt dumb he wdnt hv wished to rage a war as he sd hv known that d pandavas r better than they were..unles he felt doomed already n hd no option bt to try gt back d locational advantages that d pandavas gt away with..nw d question is duri ws suicidal or strategyst?ws duri a misunderstood char of mahabharat?ws he more wronged than being d wrong doer?
swayam bichar kijiye 🀣 (err sory if my humour seems unpleasing to any members here 😭 .. this post is nt with any intent to glorify duri bt more of an effort to understand d cause n actions of chars so plz do not gt angry with me 4 my curiosity 😭)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
edited:
How can Duryodhan be called suicidal? When he was about to be born there were bad omens. DBSK showed Dhritrashtra was asked to leave this baby but his putra-prem was much bigger. Duryodhan like his father was quite ambitious, even he lived to be a king forever.
Still this word suicidal is inapproriate in the topic.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
JustMySelf thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

edited:

How can Duryodhan be called suicidal? When he was about to be born there were bad omens. DBSK showed Dhritrashtra was asked to leave this baby but his putra-prem was much bigger. Duryodhan like his father was quite ambitious, even he lived to be a king forever.
Still this word suicidal is inapproriate in the topic.

may i very humbly ask u hw did u delete my 2nd comment that i replied quoting u?bcoz ur a viewbie?i wd hv honoured u if u hd rather locked dwn my post showing open resentment than practicing deletions of counter posts..no offence 😳
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Duriyodhana I am sure was not thinking of the tactical advantage.. πŸ˜† Rather he was worried about how Indraprastha was developed by the Pandavas.

Bhishma was sure that Pandavas would never take advantage of what was given to them. And they did not. Yudhistir was forced by his friends to do ashvasmeda Yaaga and that was when Sishupal would come and meet his end. Yudhistir wanted to give his fellow kings their independence and they respected him for that. This irked Duryodhana.πŸ˜•

Next, when the people in Indraprastha were happy, the people in Hastinapur naturally would want a similar king who could make the kingdom prosper. Duryondana and Karna hear what people of Hastinapur have to say about Pandavas and their rule. That was jealousy at its maximum..

If it had only to reclaim a tactical position, Duryodhana would have won the land of Indraprastha and let the Pandavas go away with nothing. But he did not stop there. He humiliated them and made them go away, wishing that they would die (like father, like sonπŸ€ͺ)

Unfortunately for Duryodhana, they came back, stronger and mightier than before.. Now he again had a chance to give them a less tactical place when Krishna came as a Thoodh. But then Duryodhana wanted none of it.. He was unwilling to let them have 5 acres of land. If that was not insecurity, then what was?

There is no excuse for what Duryodhana's real and imagined fears did in my PoV😳
JustMySelf thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

Duriyodhana I am sure was not thinking of the tactical advantage.. πŸ˜† Rather he was worried about how Indraprastha was developed by the Pandavas.

Bhishma was sure that Pandavas would never take advantage of what was given to them. And they did not. Yudhistir was forced by his friends to do ashvasmeda Yaaga and that was when Sishupal would come and meet his end. Yudhistir wanted to give his fellow kings their independence and they respected him for that. This irked Duryodhana.πŸ˜•

Next, when the people in Indraprastha were happy, the people in Hastinapur naturally would want a similar king who could make the kingdom prosper. Duryondana and Karna hear what people of Hastinapur have to say about Pandavas and their rule. That was jealousy at its maximum..

If it had only to reclaim a tactical position, Duryodhana would have won the land of Indraprastha and let the Pandavas go away with nothing. But he did not stop there. He humiliated them and made them go away, wishing that they would die (like father, like sonπŸ€ͺ)

Unfortunately for Duryodhana, they came back, stronger and mightier than before.. Now he again had a chance to give them a less tactical place when Krishna came as a Thoodh. But then Duryodhana wanted none of it.. He was unwilling to let them have 5 acres of land. If that was not insecurity, then what was?

There is no excuse for what Duryodhana's real and imagined fears did in my PoV😳

very wel explained..πŸ‘..ty..ya that cd b d reason duri woryd that ppl of hastinapur mite want a ruler as gud as yudi n he may hv to face constant comparisons..in real life too we dnt like our parents comparing us with others..so may b duri cdnt handle d presure πŸ˜†
Edited by JustMySelf - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
@Justmyself, after editing, that post had no meaning, so it was deleted. Regarding locking this topic, except the name, other content seems ok, so it's allowed. In case of any doubt, pm me.
JustMySelf thumbnail

@Justmyself, after editing, that post had no meaning, so it was deleted. Regarding locking this topic, except the name, other content seems ok, so it's allowed. In case of any doubt, pm me.

u hv n hd every right to edit ur own personal post bt nt mines..so deleting my reply that quoted ur original unedited thots n my suitable reply to ur original statements wsnt a gud thing rather undesirable..its like infringement 4m ur part on my rights n freedom of speech..hence i disliked it..u may like or unlike my posts bt that realy doesnt mean u edit it out of ur own free will..i wd hv prefered u locked it dwn to show dislike if u thot my post ws unworthy of being posted..

i dnt wish to hurt u..just humbly putting forward my reasons of disapproval towards ur such actions..anywaz am here nt to offend any1 bt to mix with ppl who r deep thinkers n can help me understand d chars of mahabharat better via thr knowlegable povs..am known 4 my straightforwardness so hope u wdnt treat my replies as any insult or hautynes so peace n gud night πŸ€—
mnx12 thumbnail
^^ There is a lot explained by you. But the main question asked by me is still unanswered. How does the word suicidal justify in the topic?
JustMySelf thumbnail

^^ There is a lot explained by you. But the main question asked by me is still unanswered. How does the word suicidal justify in the topic?

oh that..c suicidal alwaz dnt mean in plain context that u wish to gt urself killed intentionaly by d normal methods like hanging till death or poison consuming etc etc..ppl who r arrogant n stubborn often refuses to accept that they r nt competent enuf to stand up to opponents..in short many ppl do nt acknowledge thr own shortcumings n keeps on trying to prove that they r right n others r wrong..so in this case duryodhyan evn tho he knew he wsnt right in his approach n neither ws he so qualified as warrior as compared to d pandavas..yet he went to war hoping that he wd 1da emerge victorious so i am calling this dumb shortsightednes of his ovr confident streak as suicidal that is he ws 4m d beginning battling 4 a lost cause..hd he gt minimum brains n common sense then he wd hv avoided d war n instead of wasting time in battling concentrated more in winning d hearts of d subjects of hastinapur by serving them satisfactorily..isnt it?duri alwaz suffered 4m insecurity may b so he wanted to wipe of d pandavas bt he wiped himself off..its comparable to suicidal tendency..thats what i tried to express.nothing else.

sum times wen we c ppl talking ovr d ph n crossing d streets..we pull them bak if a car cums infrnt n we question them r u suicidal what d hell were u doing just nw?so d word suicidal i used here is hopefuly nw better explained?

nw u may further ask me then y i put up d question of strategyst if i already blivd he ws suicidal..then my reasonable attempt to explain u abt it is that i wanted to clear my doubt whether i am just cin duri d way i hv bin alwaz made to understand him?whether thr cd b any other possible angle of his such actions..whether we r ovr looking to c any pov that cd justify his actions evn slightest..ws he provoked to act cheaply or ws he realy so cheap alwaz..thats it..its debatable hw we judge a person..as perceptions vary man to man..so i put up this question to find out if my blif that duri ws bad man n stupidly suicidal gts any alternate pov?may b thr cd b ppl who wd justify duri..n i wanted to know wat wd b thr such justifications in his defence..bt so far no1 hs said that he ws gud man so am reaffirmed nw that yes my conception that duri indeed ws bad n evil n am nt being unfair or biased in declaring that i dislike duri without giving his character chance to be reanalysed hs alwax bin right.

nevr wrote such a big post b4 🀒..so peace nw πŸ˜‰?πŸ€— arrey yaar aab to gussa thok do?

mnx12 thumbnail
I am not gussa πŸ˜† Just found this word not suitable as have seen some topics made just to get attention, that's my pov.πŸ˜†
Now let me start...
Characters of MB are not normal or natural born. All the major birth stories are quite unusual. So these characters are not expected to behave normally. To understand their behaviour I'll take help of Astrology. Those born under unusual circumstances or ways are born for a purpose compared to others who live their lives normally. These children were born out of the way then others. They all were connected in some or other way by destiny. They had to fulfill certain tasks. Since entire scenario was different, circumstances were created to help them or push them in a particular direction, which they did willingly or unwillingly. Everyone played their role well.
When Duri was going to be born there were series of bad omen. Dhrit was asked to leave this child, but Dhrit after seeing Pandu's son born, wanted this child desparately. For him he would take care of his throne. Duri was the 1st one to come out of the 100 pots. Every child comes with his destiny, so the indication of his birh time were not auspicious, indicating this child may be cunning, cruel, will adopt any mean to achieve his motive. What he turned out to be & what were his actions is known to all. Nobody is good or bad compeletely, it's the circumstances which makes one act in a particular manner. Duri decided his actions, for him end was more important then the mean.
In MB every character has got enough opportunities to rise or fall for the situations. What makes some characters more admirable is they choose to rise instead of fall & decide their future.