Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Well i am a hardcore Shaheer fan n wud luv to c him playing a king 😳

But in terms of Arjun...though he was a great warrior n have annexed his kingdom n was a game changer n was the most blessed pandav but still these qualities cant b sufficient for being a great emperor as it needs to b wise n a king must have foresight too n Arjun was not trained to b a King too...so yeah Yudhishtir was a right choice i think 😊

Bdw awesum post buddy 😊
Edited by Rushika - 11 years ago
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustMySelf

I remember reading somewhere that he had a weakness for gambling

realy?i didnt knew he ws such a habitual gambler..i wd hv liked it more if arjun bcam king..bt i guess its equally boring to sit on a throne n hear d subjects n thr complaints d aily 🤢..i guess arjun njoyed adventures more 😊
🤣 😛
Gold.Abrol thumbnail
I think yudi was the best king he was stated as dhram raj no offence but as he was the most wise n person ho goes bu the law all the time that is why i would say he was the best among all 5 to become a king 😊
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Oh, the other thing about Yudhisthir - he didn't lift allow his brothers to lift a finger to save Draupadi in the palace, but when Chitrasena - their Gandharva friend - took Duryodhan & his retinue prisoner during the Pandava exile, Yudhisthir ordered Bhima & Arjuna to get them freed.

See, yudhishtir could not have ordered his brothers to save draupadi because he had already lost them as slaves in the previous roles of dice. Now saving Duryodhana was an act of king for his kingdom and not an act of cousin to save another cousin

One correction above - Yudhisthir was under no obligation to obey Dhritarashtra - he was the emperor of an independent kingdom. He too could have insisted that he get a proxy for the game of dice, and try getting Krishna or someone to roll the dice for him. Or forced Duryodhan to play himself. All the rationalizations of what Yudhisthir did are just mere excuses.

Aww.. No. That is explained so well in uddhava Geetha. 😊 Yudhishtir had to obey Dhridhrashtra not because he was an elder but because it was a protocol of kings at that particular point of time to accept the challenge in whatever form from another king.
Why he did not call Krishna will be debated forever.. Call it destiny, stupidity, a sense of guilt or complacent attitude.. It was something one will never understand. It was also the one bad decision in yudi's life. He along either his brothers suffered for their lapse. Let's be clear. The game was not just yudi's wish. He always consulted his brothers and this time too he did. They decided not to inform Lord Krishna. A bad decision.

That's one more reason I loathe Yudhisthir.

Hi, many people do not like yudhishtir. The main reason being the game of dice he played. But there were many admirable things that yudi did that made him a great king. Draupadi herself shows that fact when she informs the virata king that a drop of blood from yudhishtir is capable of destroying the entire kingdom.

If yudhishtir was as loathsome as one believes him to be, he would not have stood the tests of time and could not have held his family together. Yudhishtir was not Arjuna surely but he was a king in his own stature. Just my pov