Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Yudhisthir was too much of an enemy-lover, which caused more bloodshed on the Pandava side than would have otherwise happened. For instance, had Bhima or Arjun been the ruler, Duryodhan couldn't have asked Drona to capture them - it would have been impossible; but w/ Yudhisthir, it was possible. Bhima was hot headed only wrt the Kauravas, where it was justified. Not w/ his own.

Also, Yudhisthir did not seem to recognize the importance of bringing evil doers to justice. After the war, even though Bheeshma, Drona, Karna, Shalya and so many others had died for him, Dhritarashtra continued to live luxuriously @ Hastinapur, courtesy Yudhisthir's generousity, and Gandhari would be waited on by the Pandava womenfolk - each of whom had lost their sons in the war - like maids. This obviously enraged Bhima, and he within earshot boasted about how he had killed all the 100 Kauravas, thereby reminding Dhritarashtra that he was essentially a beggar living on the alms of those who he had wronged and who had defeated him.

As a result of that, Dhritarashtra realized what he had done wrong, and finally made the decision to go into exile to the forest, where he was ultimately killed in a forest fire. Yudhisthir refused to make him face the consequences, but Bhima did!

Yes Yudhishthar was an honest king and a good human being and like like our frined has pointed out a wise man and there was no point in punishing Dhritrashtra a king for the war when he had lost all his sons and lets not forget other people were equally responsible for that war.

Actually Yudhishthar had one quality which others lack that was to understand the situation and then take decision and being calm and collected is a greatest asset and quality that a king has clearly his other hot headed brothers lacked. Being strong and talented in dhanur vidya or bhala vidya does not mean that they are great to be king. No Bheem and Arjun both got excited too soon too much whereas Yudhishthar would always remain calm and judge that situation.

Even I dont like Yudhishthar for making his wife and family suffer but facts are facts.
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustMySelf

gud morning every1 🤗

1 more thing i didnt like abt yudi is that his choice of words..he ws d eldest bt hw carelesly he told kunti that luk ma wat we hv gt refereing to draupadi..wat does that mean?is draupadi a thing?sdnt he hv said wat arjun gt?hd he said that d meaning cd hv bin diferent n kunti mite nt hv said share it amongst urselves isnt it?a wd b king who doesnt know to phrase out his sentences?thats strange..ok i know draupadi ws destined to bcum wife of 5 husbands with her boon etc yet wsnt yudhisthir bit careles type?n if d future king cdnt hv ctrl ovr his gambling habits n gv to temptations then cd he b termed d best possible king?a just king hs such will power that nothing can coax him to indulge in casual gambling either n this ws serious gambling..i find d rest of d 4 bros were extremely gud that they nevr questioned that who gv him d right to stake them in d game..if it ws like modern times yudi wd hv bin 1st roughed up by his own bros 🤣 ..n another thing is he didnt stake kunti bt draupadi..so he did save mom bt gambled wife y?y didnt he put up kunti 4 sale too 😲..wat made him stop?so doesnt it mean that he treated draupadi as tradable object?its realy heinous..perhaps he is d 1st 1 who told men that luk women cd b used as tradable objects if u need to swap her 4 mony..n that duri n dushshashan d 1st 1 who tryd molestations perhaps its an instance of 1st gang molestations..i dnt know..😕..sory just trying to learn more 4m every1s pov..i am nt alwaz right bt without putting up my thots i wdnt hv d chance to gt corrected either..so hope am nt ending up hurting any1 with my curiosity?😭

when children even my brother or me sometimes get excited and to surprise our mother we say hey we brought a surprise it hardly matters whether it is an object or a human being especially when there is a friend with us

It can happen he had no idea how things would turn out 😆 believe me he must have regreted after words I can imagine that situation how embarrasing for him 🤣

dear Yudhishtir or his brothers had no gambling habbits he wa ordered by dhritrashtra to play and he very well had an idea that he is being played for a fool that is why he refused at first but could not refuse his tauji and kings orders 😲 I can understand how difficult it must have been for him

I used to feel the same but now knowing that he was lead into that game and it was mamashri's cheat with dices that he lost. 😭
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

You are feeling right. I feel the same that Yudhisthar was too idealistic and someone who could not be a good husband he could never have been a good king

But he ruled for 36 years with peace harmony and praja wa happy he was trained accordingly and he was better educated and trained like a king.

Do read online mahabharat thee are several avaialble that would give you an idea.

Because Arjun was a better Dhanurdhan then yudhisthar he was good in bhala chalana aur whatever and Yahi Vidhi ka vidhan tha tabhi krishna became his sarthi

There is a valid solid reason I forgot about it why krishna became a sarthi and don't forget it was Arjun who was getting sentimental about killing Bheeshm Kripacharya Drona Charya all his gurus, nakul sehdev's mama shri therefore, Krishn only explained to Arjun and showed him his Virat roop

Many times Yudhisthar stopped his brothers from doing wrong things he would explain why also acording to the books and rules and terms

Even i hate yudhisthar but he was cunningly lead into that game it started with dhritrashtra who did not request but he gave his adesh and yudhishthar had already refused to play duet krida

theefore, yudhishthar could not refuse order of Dhritrashtra Jyesht Pita and the king

he was the most bechara as he had the greeater responcibility his brothers his mothers the entire family 😆

wel i heard yudi ws invited by duri on sakunis advice..dhriti didnt ask yudi to play..bt as in khatriya dharma warriors cant refuse challenges b it war or game thus yudi hd to play n participate..bt y he continued evn aftr losing al properties baffles me most..hd gandhari nt freed them n let them go they wd hv al bcum servants to that duri..thanks to gandhari 4 that tho she failed as a mother as duri ws such a bad man 🤢..ya ur right luks like yudi ws still d better option n d only option as king as bheem ws hot headed..arjun i guess ws bit restles types nt d 1 who wd hv loved to sit on throne 24hrs n bear d boredom of immobility 😆
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Oh, the other thing about Yudhisthir - he didn't lift allow his brothers to lift a finger to save Draupadi in the palace, but when Chitrasena - their Gandharva friend - took Duryodhan & his retinue prisoner during the Pandava exile, Yudhisthir ordered Bhima & Arjuna to get them freed.

One correction above - Yudhisthir was under no obligation to obey Dhritarashtra - he was the emperor of an independent kingdom. He too could have insisted that he get a proxy for the game of dice, and try getting Krishna or someone to roll the dice for him. Or forced Duryodhan to play himself. All the rationalizations of what Yudhisthir did are just mere excuses.

That's one more reason I loathe Yudhisthir.
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Oh, the other thing about Yudhisthir - he didn't lift allow his brothers to lift a finger to save Draupadi in the palace, but when Chitrasena - their Gandharva friend - took Duryodhan & his retinue prisoner during the Pandava exile, Yudhisthir ordered Bhima & Arjuna to get them freed.

One correction above - Yudhisthir was under no obligation to obey Dhritarashtra - he was the emperor of an independent kingdom. He too could have insisted that he get a proxy for the game of dice, and try getting Krishna or someone to roll the dice for him. Or forced Duryodhan to play himself. All the rationalizations of what Yudhisthir did are just mere excuses.

That's one more reason I loathe Yudhisthir.

I agree with your points but No yudhisthir could not refuse head of his family his jeshth pita shri his orders

yes if you think about it then each action "honi" was a mere excuse to lead this war into the Great Mahabharat bcoz Shri Krishnji took birth for this reason only to establish Dharm again.

His sole agenda was this purpose like he said he could stop and kill adharmis with a click of his finger but he could not becasue he had to take manav janam and then only do it.

agar bhagwan chahe to aaj kya adharm nahi ruk sakta but does he stop it or help us stop it yes but upar baithe baithe hi sab kuchh kar rahe hen he does not click his fingers it is us to work towards it but hum log bahut jaldi behek jate hen
but then again we can say these are mere excuses excuses excuses

it is easier said then done 😕
Adr_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
According to me Arjun should have become the king because of his bravery. Yudi would have been a better king if he had not had the weakness of gambling..

Nice post
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: __Neha__

According to me Arjun should have become the king because of his bravery. Yudi would have been a better king if he had not had the weakness of gambling..

Nice post

Yudhisthir had no weekness for gambling dear he played because he was ordered by dhritrashtra to play
Adr_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rasyafan

Yudhisthir had no weekness for gambling dear he played because he was ordered by dhritrashtra to play

I remember reading somewhere that he had a weakness for gambling
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: __Neha__

I remember reading somewhere that he had a weakness for gambling

realy?i didnt knew he ws such a habitual gambler..i wd hv liked it more if arjun bcam king..bt i guess its equally boring to sit on a throne n hear d subjects n thr complaints daily 🤢..i guess arjun njoyed adventures more 😊
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustMySelf

realy?i didnt knew he ws such a habitual gambler..i wd hv liked it more if arjun bcam king..bt i guess its equally boring to sit on a throne n hear d subjects n thr complaints daily 🤢..i guess arjun njoyed adventures more 😊

nope yudhishthar was no gambler never ever heard