wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: anu2108

jus got ur story read all chappy

amzing story n interesting too
uff happy shyam is out of pic n khushi is safe nv arnav shud deal vth khushi
lovely one

Seriously i am happy too to throw Shyam out of the pic, but there might be a hitch😉😃
wiwy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

Why one more chapter
It was beautiful loved how Arnav confessed

Why one more chapter? Hmmm...sochne ka padi dear Anita! 😉Thanks for liking the confesion😃
wiwy thumbnail
Thankyou friends for your likes and comments on Chapter 25!🤗

The following 182 member(s) liked the above post:

robedward, indygal2010, anaviabhi, Lovenall, Rain_drop, rithuparna, shilpi28march,

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
wiwy thumbnail

I received so many requests not to end the story that I was overwhelmed!😭 So I will write another chapter just to keep the word of my dear readers. ⭐️ So this update is not the last one!😃 I hope you don't mind! 😉 🤗

Chapter 26

Come back to me

Khushi murmured in protest as soft golden rays danced playfully on her eyelids. She opened her eyes a fraction, and smiled as a spring of joy and contentment filled her.. She stretched her hand to touch him. The bedsheets were cool. His warm body was missing.

She sat up on the bed, wide awake, her heart fluttering. Where was he? Where was Arnavji? His private jet was scheduled to leave at dawn, she knew. Had he left for the Buildering Competition in London already? Had she overslept? ...She looked around...Hey Devi Maiyya, she had spent the night with him in Sheeshmahal on the SR bed! She hadn't gone back home! My family must be so worried.

She reached for her phone on the sidetable. The battery was dead. What will happen now! What explanation will I give to Babuji and Amma! And Buaji! She will call me all the names in her dictionary! And what will Anjaliji and Naniji think!

She jumped off the bed and immediately fell back on it! Hey Devi Maiyya she did not have a stitch on! She blushed crimson, recalling his touch on every inch of her body! How could such a rough, rude, arrogant man be such a passionate and tender lover!

She was retrieving her clothes when her eyes fell on Maa's red chunri. She closed her eyes. The world had come to a standstill when Arnavji had draped it on her in the temple. Bundling the chunri to her pounding heart she let out her breath slowly, "Maa, did you hear your son say he loves me?! He did say it, didn't he?"

Khushi walked out on the huge marbelled courtyard in trepidation. And her eyes immediately fell on Anjaliji. She was sitting on the steps, dozing!

Khushi walked up to her slowly. "Anjaliji!" She shook her.

Anjali opened her eyes in shock and literally jumped on Khushi. "Khushiji you and Chhotey will be the death of me! I had to lie to your family saying I had asked you to stay back as pranksters were bursting firecrackers on the roads and it was not safe to drive you home in the dark!"

Khushi blushed in embarrassment."I am sorry Anjaliji. I..."

Anjali laughed, "But I am not! I have never seen Chhotey so happy as he was today before leaving for the Delhi airport in his helicopter! He has left a message for you... that he will come back as soon as the Buildering Contest is over and that he needs to talk to you.

"Any idea what he wants to talk to you about Khushiji?" Anjali winked at her

Khushi blushed and shook her head.

Anjali hugged Khushi and holding a corner of the chunri in her hand said misty eyed, " Chhotey gave this too you, right? You have Maa's blessings Khushiji! I am so happy."

On reaching the Gupta household, Khushi was apprehensive.What if babuji, Amma ask me something about last night! What will I say!

I love him and I loved him, simple! Is that wrong Devi Maiyya ? It doesn't feel wrong! Like Radha and Krishna...the holy consorts were not married, but their love and passion for each other knew no bounds and followed no rules.

But when she entered her house she was greeted by loud screams of "Subh Diwali !" and happy smiling faces of her NSS friends, Shaila, Tasneem, Nandini and Rohit! Khushi clapped her hands in glee when a voice said behind her, "Hum bhi hain jaaneman!(I too am here, dear) Have you forgotten me?"

She swirled around and her hand went to her perfectly form O' shaped mouth to see Neha standing at the doorway with a wide grin! Both rushed into a tight heart warming hug.

"Oh Khushi I went through hell when Payal Jiji told me you had been kidnapped! You should have never left Delhi Khushi! Thank God Superman was there to save you from that monster Shyam!" Neha winked.

They did not realize that Buaji was standing behind them and were startled when Buaji inquired with a confused expression, "Kaun hai eeh Suuparrrmaann Khusi ? Angrejo ka rakshak? Hanuman ji ka chela hai kya?"(Who is this Superman, Khushi? Is he the protector of the English speaking people? Is he a disciple of the Hindu god of strength, HanumanJi)

Khushi rolled her eyes and Neha stifled a grin.

"Haan Buaji," Neha said with a straight face , "Aur aapki Sankadevi uski diwani hai!"(Yes Buaji and your Sankadevi is crazy about him!)

"Bilkul bhi nahi !(Not at all!) Khushi smiled a watery smile at a confused Buaji and glared indignantly at Neha.

She moved aside to answer her ringing phone, "Hello?"

"Hi!" a husky voice whispered and Khushi's heart spun, thudded and lodged in her throat! Ever beat of her chaotic heart recited his name! Her lips trembled but there was no sound!

"Khushi, I didn't wake you because you looked so beautiful sleeping! Are you awake now? Tum theek ho? (Are you okay?) I mean after last night...tum theek ho?" the concern and urgency in his voice tingled Khushi's senses. She blushed. She realized what he meant.

"Hhmmm..." Was all she could manage.

"Khushi, I want to see you. I want you here with me," Arnav's voice was matter of fact. "As soon as I land I will send my jet to you, Aman will make all the arrangements...you come to London..."

Khushi cut in, "Aap ko102 degree bukhar hai kya Arnavji? Aap kya ulta siddha bol rahein hai! (Do you have 102 degree fever, Arnavji? You are talking nonsense!)

"What the! Do you mean I am talking crap?!" he rasped at her angrily.

His attitude provoked Khushi's temper! Once a Laad governor, always a Laad Governor, she thought ruefully.

"Ji haan Arnavji! Aap pagal hain!" (Yes Arnavji, you are mad!)Khushi whispered fiercely into her phone. She headed off to the bathroom and locking herself inside, raised her voice at him," Do you seriously think my Babuji and Amma will let me go to a foreign land to stay all alone with you? And Buaji! She will make bhusa (chowder) of me and feed me to her Nandkishore's cows!"

"Why?" Arnav said in a surprised voice. "You tell them everything don't you? So why didn't you tell them about last night?"

"Aap bhi na Arnavji! (You are too much Arnavji!) In which society do you live!" Khushi asked in an exasperated voice.

"The society you talk about is full of hypocrites! I make my own rules, Khushi, and I live by them." Arnav growled.

Khushi remarked in a lost voice, "Is that why you gave me your Maa's chunri, Arnavji...and more...?" Then suddenly without thinking she blurted out what she was dying to hear from him again. "Do you remember what you said to me last night...?" Khushi stammered, her face flushed.

There was a pause at the other end and then Arnav's smirk floated across in his drawl, "Oh! I said something did I? I am racking my brains...What did I say, Khushi?" Arnav said tongue in cheek. "Maybe if you can remember exactly when I said it?" he said in a mock seriousness.

"Arrey after we..." Khushi clamped her palm to her mouth.

"After we ...what?" Arnav's voice was a husky whisper.

Khushi realized that instant that Arnav was teasing her.

Someone banged on the bathroom door loudly. "Khushi are you inside?"

"Hummey jana padega, Arnavji! Hummey aapse kuchh nahi sunna! Hum phone rakhtey hain ! "(I have to go, Arnavji! I don't want to hear anything from you! I am hanging up the phone!) Khushi pouted and hung up before the person outside broke the door!

Khushi almost bumped into NK as she stepped out of the bathroom.

"Hey Khushi, I came and vou vanished ! Tum kya goad bharai khel rahi ho? (Are you playing baby shower?)

Khushi was zapped for a second! "Goad bharai nahi NK, luka-chupai" (Not baby shower, NK, hide and seek!) she guffawed as he scratched his head..

Neha approached them and smiling sweetly at NK said, " To me you were always a clown NK! I never realized you could be such a good and understanding friend !

"I am your friend too, Neha!" NK said softly.

"That's sweet NK. Let's catch up when you are in Delhi next!"

"Great Neha! Main hamesha chahta tha tum mujhe thodi baas maaro! (I always wanted you to fart at me!)

"What?!!!" Neha almost fainted.

Khushi giggled, "NK doesn't mean baas maro, he means ghaas dalo ! (NK doesn't mean fart at me he means pay attention to me!) NK scratched his head again as Neha burst out laughing.

"Hey guys what's cooking here?" the others asked smiling at them.

"A new relationship,".Khushi winked at NK and Neha.

They turned red.

It was late in the night but sleep was miles away. Khushi was loath to see her friends leave. She promised Shaila that she would be back to work in Gosak as soon as her parents allowed her to. She was delighted to see NK and Neha together. Subconsciously she knew that the surge of emotions, the extra fun, the extra laughter, the extra happiness was due to the man who had fulfilled her. Why hadn't he called her again? And in answer to her question her phone vibrated.

"Hello!" she whispered, glancing at Payal who was fast asleep.

"Hi!" he whispered back.

Khushi's heart stopped. Think of the devil... "Arnavji!" her voice came out in a moan. "Why didn't you call me?" she pouted.

Arnav's voice was somber, "Sorry, I couldn't call you earlier Khushi. I was caught up in meetings and discussions. I will soon be leaving for the buildering location and will not be able to call you again, till the competition is over... I want you to know just in case something happens to me that I love..."

"What did you say?" Khushi literally screamed into the phone, walking out of her room into the living room.

Arnav was taken aback. He repeated "That I love..."

"No, before that! Why did you say if something happens to me...?!! What do you mean? Nothing bad is going to happen to you Arnavji, never ever, samjhe aap!"

Arnav's voice came in shallow breaths, "Okay, relax, Khushi. I just said it like that. I want you so bad...It scares me. I have never cared about my life before but now..."

A tear spilled down Khushi's pale cheek as she his desperation penetrated her. "Hum jaantey hain, Arnavji. Please be safe for me and come back soon."

"Yes, I will. And the moment I set eyes on you I will not let you out of my sight again." Arnav's voice broke and the line disconnected.

Oh! How she wanted to reach out to him and hug him and open her mouth to his devouring one.

Khushi clutched the phone to her heart and for some unknown reason started weeping silently, sobs raking her body.

She did not realize when she dozed off in a fitful sleep on the divan(sofa) in the living room.

Khushi awakened with a start at the sound of a shrill scream emanating from her room. Hey Devi Maiyya, that is Payal Jiji's voice. Khushi blindly stumbled towards her room in the darkness, a fear squeezing her heart. In the dim light she saw her Jiji screaming on the bed, as two men, one stout and dishevelled and the other tall and well dressed grappled with each other to take possession of a large knife, its sharp, steel blade glinting dangerously in the dark. Behind her she heard panic stricken shouts of Amma and Buaji and Babuji's running feet. Babuji flicked on the switch and the room was flooded with light. Khushi immediately ran to her Jiji, with her Amma and Buaji in tow.

By now the tall man had completely subdued the short one, who was whining and simpering like a hurt animal. Babuji approached both of them, his lathi (beating stick) in hand. "Kaun ho tumlog?"(Who are you people?) he thundered.

Suddenly another figure appeared at the broken window of the room. Buaji screamed, "Hai re Nand Kishore!" Babuji had just raised his lathi when Khushi recognized him. "Nahi, nahi, Babuji, yeh Mohan hai! Anjaliji ka driver!" (No, no babuji! This is Mohan, Anjaliji's driver!)

"And I am Akash!" The tall man stood up, brushing his trousers. "Akash Singh Raizada."

Everyone stared at him bewildered! Mohan stepped in with the explanation. "Sach hai, ee Akash babu hain, Mamaji-Mamiji ke suputra. Aaj hi Amrika se aa kar Naniji ko milne ke liye nikal pare. " (That is true, he is Akash babu, Mama-Mami's son. He came from America today and decided to meet Naniji at once!)

Akash looked at Babuji and continued, "Yes I thought I would give Nani a surprise visit first thing in the morning! We were on the road when suddenly a man trying to cross the street ran headlong into our car, skidded and limped away in the dark! Mohan was very agitated for he recognized him as Billu. Mohan briefed me about his boss, Shyam's evil designs on Khushiji! Arnav Bhai had handed Billu over to the police but he obviously escaped from prison! Maybe he wanted to hurt Khushiji!" Akash remarked looking at the squirming creature with disdain.

Khushi squealed, "He must have mistaken Jiji for me!" Then smiling at Akash she said, "Akashji, I am Khushi and the one you saved is my Jiji, Payal." Akash nodded and smiled at Payal, "I am sorry I frightened you, Payalji," he apologized. Payal could only stare at her saviour misty eyed.

Khushi introduced Babuji, Buaji and Amma to Akash. Babuji called the police immediately and soon Billu was put away.

Much to Akash's embarrassment Buaji hailed him as Devi Maiyya's messenger who had dropped from heaven to save Payaliya. Mohan was fed jalebis, while Akash sat in the corner, sipping tea and chatting with Babuji. Akash was about to leave when he missed his spectacles.

"They fell on my bed,"Payal said shyly . Wiping the spectacles clean with her dupatta she handed them to Akash. "Aapka ehsaan main kaise utaaru...?" (How do I repay you?)

"Aur ek cup chai pilakar...(By treating me to another cup of tea!)" Akash looked at Payal's pretty face and said softly.

"Main kal phir aaoonga...(I will come again tomorrow)" his voice held a promise. Payal's heart blossomed at the thought of meeting him again.

"If something happens to me..." She heard his voice again, wafting in the morning air, tickling her ears and waning away. Why did he say that! If someone wanted me dead then how could Arnavji be safe! Shyam must have thought of a foolproof plan to get back at him! Khushi wringed her fingers. Should she call Anjaliji? No, no Anjaliji will be extremely worried! Khushi felt restless and paced up and down the veranda but with every step she felt her vitality being sapped away. Abruptly, making up her mind, she dialled Aman's number and as soon as he answered the phone, she said anxiously

"Amanji, is Arnavji safe? I mean is all his gear in perfect condition. I remember his harness had snapped that is why he landed in my apartment. That is how I met him..."she trailed off, her voice trembling.

Aman could hear and understand her concern for his boss and said gently, "Everything was in good condition, Khushiji, I checked. But are you sure the harness broke? It is most unlikely.

"Amanji I am definite and you will also agree that Shyam had no intention of releasing me when he kidnapped me and I am sure he must have also worked out a plan to destroy or kill Arnavji. What better plan than to do away with him during the contest by tampering with his gear. No one would suspect Shyam." Khushi insisted.

"Okay Khushiji I will try to find out from the manufacturer that supplies ASR his buildering gear," Aman's voice was now serious.

Khushi waited impatiently for Aman's phone, but hid her restlessness from her family members. Aman called after two hours and the first thing he said was, "You were right Khushiji! We did not know that Shyam had befriended the manufacturer and asked him to tamper with Arnavji's harness. When I told him that Shyam had been arrested he was very scared. He admitted to me that the gear Arnavji has taken to London could also be part of the tampered lot! I have handed the scoundrel to the police.

"But how will you warn Arnavji? His phone is out of reach. And the rules are very strict!" Khushi's head was reeling.

"Don't worry, Khushiji I am trying to get in touch with ASR!"

"Please hurry up. There is not much time left for the competition. Another thing Amanji. Lavanyaji has family and friends in London. Maybe she can help. I think I will call her personally. Give me her number."

Lavanya was surprised to receive Khushi's call but when she heard that ASR was in danger she was shocked. She assured Khushi that although the rules of the contest forbade contact with the outside world, she would tell her family and friends in London to get in touch with ASR or the organizers of the competition as soon as possible.

Thankyou Lavanyaji," Khushi sighed in relief.

"Only a thankyou?" Lavanya chided her.

"What else can I give you?" Khushi asked her helplessly

"ASR!" Lavanya replied. Then she laughed dryly, "I was just joking, Chamkili. He does not want me. He wants only you...All the best, Khushi," she said sincerely.

Khushi kept down the phone. She had done all she could. She felt numb.

Babuji who had been observing her for sometime, came up beside her and putting a hand on her shoulder asked, "Kya baat hain bitiya? Humme nahi bataogi? (What is it daughter? Won't you tell me?)

At babuji's tender words, the dam of pain and anxiety in Khushi's heart burst! She started crying, "Babuji Arnavji ko bachha lijiye...hum unke bina nahi jee sakenge." (Babuji save Arnavji! I won't be able to live without him!)

Garima gasped on hearing Khushi's words and looked at her husband in shock! Payal hugged Khushi, understanding now why her sister had called off her marriage with NK. Buaji flopped down on the chair and holding her head between her hands wailed , "Hai re Nand Kishore! Kya kahat rahi Parmeswari. Kahan o Raizada aur kahan hum!" (What is Khushi saying? There is no comparison between the Raizadas and us!)

There was a knock on the door. Garima opened it to find Anjali standing outside. Khushi saw Anjali and fresh tears welled up in her eyes. Anjali walked up to Khushi and hugged her.

"Aman told me about your apprehensions Khushiji. I don't know how you managed to think straight and got things moving. I would have been sick with worry. The good news is that Lavanyaji's friend managed to contact Chhotey. He has been warned not to use his old gear. You saved his life Khushiji just like you had saved his life when he landed on the balcony of your apartment."

The tears that flowed from their eyes were tears of joy.

Dhanyavaad Devi Maiyya! (Thankyou DM!)" Khushi folded her hands in prayer.

Khushi looked at her watch for the umpteenth number of time. Arnavji's flight had landed. She would be able to see him any moment now. Her heart pounded in her chest. She bit her lower lip and wringed her fingers. Payal looked at her restless sister and exchanged knowing smiles with Anjaliji and Akash.

The media persons were standing at a distance, eager to extract the first reaction from ASR, the rich and powerful business tycoon on his latest achievement, as the winner of the internationally prestigious Buildering Competition, held in London, two days ago.

And suddenly she saw him emerge from the jet. He was wearing his dark glasses and looking so suave and dashing in his grey three piece suit! Khushi's heart rocketted into space as he took of his shades and looked straight into her eyes from the distance and slowly but surely opened his arms to her, beckoning her to come to him.

Khushi stood still for a second and then she ran to him, like there was no tomorrow, slamming into his hard chest, moulding into him and melting into his pulsating warmth as the blood in her veins caught fire

"I remember now Khushi, what I had said that night," he breathed into her ear. He cupped her face and looking deep into her eyes said simply, "I love you, Khushi...I always have. And I am taking you home with me forever!"

(To be continued)

Do press 'Like'😃 to let me know that you liked the chapter😃 and do comment, dear friend. 😃Thankyou for your love and support! 🤗 ❤️

I have answered to all your comments on the last chapter.😃 See if can.

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

thank you so much for continuing the story.
it's proved again that how much Khushi loves Arnav. Her strong intuition saved his life.
Oh Gosh that devil shyam! What a big plan he came up with this time. It's good that khushi suspected the danger at the right time.
Akash and Payal's first encounter was interesting. Hmm so another relationship is building.
I loved his confession. My sexy boy does everything in style. No wonder why the women are crazy for him.
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Awesome post wiwy👏

After spending time and sharing their souls she wants to touch him and feel him quiet natural which we missed in our show..

credit to creditor

Hearing his voice yet fear with upcoming fears brings tears in her and that is a pure love of them

Anjali is really understanding and loving.He comes and the first thing he does what wants her in front of him and and near him right next to his heart...

Loved this new improved Arnav who is in Love...

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
koisk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice update and so happy to get another chapter from you for this ff.
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update ...at last arnav confessed
anu1017 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update😊 loved it!!!!