Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shamyj thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I enjoyed your story now I cant wait for chapter 22 ...so update soon.
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Arnav will not let her be...will he...Uff

he hurt...he refused her...nd whn she is goin away for some peace he isn lettin her be πŸ€ͺ

Khushi m sure will live it up in Gosak no mater wat the situation brings πŸ˜‰

wiwy...it was a wonderful chapter...πŸ‘β­οΈ

well written...nd likin this change in the story

nd more over its
πŸ₯³ thread 3 πŸ₯³

Congratulations

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: supriya.arshi

Arnav will not let her be...will he...Uff

he hurt...he refused her...nd whn she is goin away for some peace he isn lettin her be πŸ€ͺ

Khushi m sure will live it up in Gosak no mater wat the situation brings πŸ˜‰

wiwy...it was a wonderful chapter...πŸ‘β­οΈ

well written...nd likin this change in the story

nd more over its
πŸ₯³ thread 3 πŸ₯³

Congratulations

Thanks dear Supi ! i am overwhelmed.

πŸ€— ❀️
SaiSreePN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
LOOKING FORWARD FOR NXT PART
saigadu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice update...
but why arnav wants to follow her...
hope he realises his fellings towards her soon and not hurt khushi more
ARSHIANDI thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wiwy di updt soon na kitna wait kara rahe ho😭
wiwy thumbnail
Sorry !😳 Forgot to thank you all!β­οΈπŸ€— Bad me!😑

The following 180 member(s) liked the above post:

divya15hb, indygal2010, anaviabhi, rithuparna, momof2_IPKKND, sonalika2875, sanjaiovi,

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
wiwy thumbnail

I just came back from a round of Puja pandal hopping!πŸ˜ƒ

So this chapter is small! πŸ˜› But I am posting it on Saturday as promised to my reader friends! πŸ˜ƒ

But no time for PMS. Will PM later. 😳

Happy Puja/ Happy Navaratri/Happy Dusehra/Happy Eid to all of you! πŸ€—

Chapter 22

Khushi is Kidnapped !

Khushi was busy writing this report:

Malnutrition is one of the largest factors suppressing India's spectacular growth. In a country of lunar missions, billionaires, and nuclear power, a staggering 46% of all India children under 5 years old are still underweight. An estimated 200 million children are underweight at any given time, with more than 6 million of those children suffering from the worst form of malnutrition. Experts estimate that malnutrition constitutes over 22% of India's disease burden, making malnutrition one of the nation's largest health threats.
The causes of malnutrition and therefore the solutions to the problem vary. To understand and solve malnutrition requires patience, nuance, flexibility, and above all determination.

Khushi jumped out of her skin as an unexpected voice addressed her, "Arrey Khushiji, aap yahan?(Oh! Khushiji, you here?)"

Khushi's mouth formed a perfect O' and her pen dropped from her fingers as she saw Anjali standing in front her! Anjali picked up the pen and smiling at Khushi, handed it back to her.

"Aaa...aaa...aap!!!" Khushi stammered in shock. Here she was trying hard to forget that Laad Governor, but with his sister breathing down her neck, how will she manage to keep away his thoughts from her mind!

Anjali laughed! " Ji haan hum!(Yes it is me!) I came over from Delhi yesterday to help the NSS unit in this village in whatever way I can. I am staying at my ancestral home, Sheesh Mahal in Lucknow. It is only a forty minute drive from Gosak, which was part of our zamindari (a system of land ownership, tax collection and administration by zamindars/lords under colonial rule in Eastern India) in bygone years. The villagers here are so backward. They have to be educated about health and proper eating habits especially in case of children..."Anjali rambled on.

"Hey, are you part of the NSS team?! " Anjali suddenly exclaimed.

Khushi nodded her head in the affirmative, still unable to find her voice.

Oblivious to Khushi's predicament, Anjali grasped her hand and said, "You must come and meet my Nani. She will be delighted to meet someone from Lucknow."

One Raizada lurking in her mind was bad enough, Khushi grimaced. Now she will have to cope with two other Raizadas at hand! She had a feelng that somehow Arnavji was responsible for Anjaliji's and Naniji's presence in Gosak. It was as if he was challenging her!

Khushi liked Naniji a lot. She seemed like a sweet natured, wise old woman. She greeted Khushi as if she was her own granddaughter and was extremely happy when Khushi touched her feet.

"You haven't forgotten your traditions, I see. May Devi Maiyya grant you a wonderful husband, a man who loves you and someone you love"

For a fraction of a second, Khushi's heart stopped beating. But she quicky put all errant thoughts at the back of her mind and excusing herself went back to write the report she was helping Nandini write.

Arnav was in his office when Anjali called him.

"Chhote, we have reached Gosak safely. Don't worry. We have also met the NSS team. Thankfully they seem to know their work well.

"And guess who is a member of that team?" Anjali asked him in an excited voice.

"Who Di?" Arnav feigned innocence.

"Khushiji! You remember her don't you, Chhote?"

Arnav quickly changed the subject. "Di, I am very busy. Take care and keep calling," he said before disconnecting the line.

He sighed in relief! At least now he would get all first hand information about Khushi and she would be safe.

Someone pushed open his cabin door. Arnav was surprised to see it was Lavanya. She was wearing a short blue off shoulder dress and looking chic.

"Hi ASR!" she said breezily

Arnav got up from his chair and smiled at her."Hey Lavanya. How are you doing?"

Lavanya stood still and then said in a low husky voice, "Without you I have forgotten to live, I miss you, ASR."

Then she ran to him and hugged him tightly. Arnav did not know how to react at first. But eventually he hugged her back. And closing his eyes thought, maybe it was time to forget Khushi who had turned his world topsy turvy by demanding "more". Maybe he should once again renew his relationship with Lavanya who was willing to accept the terms set by him.

Lavanya looked at her watch. "I must leave ASR. I know you have loads of work. But will you have dinner with me tonight?" she asked, fluttering her eyelashes at him.

I have to stop fretting about Khushi and move on in life, Arnav resolved. He nodded at Lavanya and confirmed their date.

"Oh! ASR!" Lavanya kissed him on his cheek before leaving the cabin.

Khushi, Tasneem, Nandini and Rohit smiled happily as the village kids dug into the sumptuous lunch sponsored by the Raizadas. Naniji stood near them beaming at the children when Anjali walked up to Naniji and hugged her and said, "Nani, you are in a good mood, so I want to tell you something."

Nani smiled at her granddaughter, " Kya baat hai Anjali?(What is it Anjali?)"

"Aman called to say that it seems Lavanya and Chhote are back together! I know you don't like Lavanya much but will you please give her another chance for Chhote's sake?"

" Okay Anjali. I hope Chhote is taking the right decision," Nani said gravely.

Khushi was too close to miss out the exchange between Anjaliji and Naniji!. The news of the patch up between Arnav and Lavanya incensed her! Rage filled every atom of her body! How dare he ask me not to marry NK when he himself is involved with Lavanyaji, she fumed. She immediately stormed off to find Shaila.

"I have to go to Lucknow to fix my engagement," she told a surprised Shaila."Please give me permission to leave camp at daybreak tomorrow."

"Engagement! Wow, Khushi! Why didn't you tell me earlier? You can go ofcourse but only for two days. Also I would prefer if you fix the engagement date after the project is over," said Shaila wryly.

"Yes, I understand, Shaila. Thankyou." Khushi smiled and hugged Shaila and much to the latter's surprise Khushi suddenly burst into tears.

A listless Arnav stood at the large glass cabin window and watched Lavanya as she emerged from his office and slid on to the back seat of a black car. Suddenly, Arnav's glance became fixed on the number plate of the car.

"That is not Lavanya's car!" he muttered under his breath. "I will be damned! It is Mamaji's car! But how does Lavanya know Mamaji? And why wasn't I told about this?!" He raked his hand through his hair and dialled Mamaji's number.

Mamaji was expecting his nephew's call for another reason and answered the call with great trepidation,"Hello? Arnav bitwa? Has Anjali convinced Amma to meet us? Does Amma still think it was very irresponsible of me and Manorama to leave for the United States after your parents demise?"

"Mamaji, don't worry about that. As promised to you, Di will talk to Nani at the right time .Actually I had called to ask if your new car is with you?"

"My car?! Manorama had some urgent work so she took it today! But why do you ask bitwa?"

Arnav ignored the question and continued with his inquisition. " By the way, Mamaji, do you know Lavanya Kashyap?"

There was a perceptible pause at the other end, before Mamji's voice came out in a ragged breath, "Your voice is cracking up, bitwa. I can't hear you. I will call you later."

The call ended and Arnav muttered under his breath "I can't put my finger on it. But something just doesn't seem right."

It was 4.30 am. Khushi opened the door of the car she had hired and looked up at the sky. It was still dark and the stars were twinkling in the sky. It reminded of her ...Khushi felt a rough hand on her shoulder, pushing her inside the car and before she could open her mouth to scream, a dark dirty hand clamped down on her mouth, there was the overpowering smell of chloroform...

As her world darkened, Khushi uttered his name who had taken her on a blissful journey through the shining stars..."rnavji!" cried Khushi before she passed out.

At the Raizada Mansion in Delhi, Arnav Singh Raizada, tossed and turned on his bed, sweating profusely. He woke up with a start and stretched out his hand to reach out to the woman in his nightmare. "Khushi! " he called out anxiously.

Hey friends, do press the Like buttonπŸ˜ƒ, that is, if you liked the chapterπŸ˜ƒ and please leave your comments while you are at it!πŸ˜ƒ

Love and hugs to you all! β€οΈπŸ€— Next update next Saturday!πŸ˜‰

Buddy me for PMs!

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
anu1017 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update!!! I am first yay😊
Edited by anu1017 - 10 years ago
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I. Hate. Cliffhangers. πŸ˜†