Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Esha..

Well it was the hunger for power and obsession with the throne that led to Dhritrashtra's doom and certainly not his blindness. And like someone said, it will always remain a mystery as to who could have had been the greatest king for Hastinapur.:)

well said esha
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Arshics

I do not agree with her decision but laud her motive and her strength.

And loved her saying that pratigya is from the heart and decision is brain.

And pratigya has purity of intent.

But at the cost of her marriage? If it ruins the very relationship for which she made the pratigya, then isn't it hath?

Exactly⭐️ well said👏

If the pratigya one makes does not actually serve it purpose.. But then one does not think about that when one makes a pratigya😊

Now according to MB, Shantanu did not actually enjoy his life with Satyavati that much. He died, a man racked with guilt about his son Devavrat and the injustice he was meted out.. So was Bhishm's vow, taken for his father's happiness meet its purpose? Not really..

But Bhishm and Gandhari were both strong and stood for what they vowed, whatever the consequences.. They had taken the vows in good spirit and they would not go back on it. I respect them for that
abhi_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks! Well, of whatever knowledge I have about Mahabharat this is what I feel unless there is some info I am missing out on.😊
Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Esha..

Thanks! Well, of whatever knowledge I have about Mahabharat this is what I feel unless there is some info I am missing out on.😊

Well Esha as we can see from this show, the seeds of the war were sown many years before the war.

In satyavatis ambition, in bheeshmas pratigya, in ambas quest for revenge, in gandharis pratigya and in shakunis anger at the injustice meted out to his sister.

Isn't this story wonderful? What we call karma or even kismet, may just be the fruit of a decision made years ago, but it's full impact is becoming visible only now.
abhi_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Arshics

Well Esha as we can see from this show, the seeds of the war were sown many years before the war.

In satyavatis ambition, in bheeshmas pratigya, in ambas quest for revenge, in gandharis pratigya and in shakunis anger at the injustice meted out to his sister.

Isn't this story wonderful? What we call karma or even kismet, may just be the fruit of a decision made years ago, but it's full impact is becoming visible only now.

|'In satyavati's ambition, in bheeshma's pratigya, in amba's quest for revenge, in gandhari's pratigya and in shakuni's anger at the injustice meted out to his sister. :...So very true and yes the seeds were sown much before...