Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: niveditasg

Draupadi did wanted to marry Karna. She only rejected him because Krisna asked her to do so. This is also justified by the story in mahabharata in which when the pandavas along with draupadi was in exile they tore a mango from a tree. That mango was meant to be eaten by a rishi after he finishes his meditation. Lord Krisna came there and informed this to the pandavas and said that they have done wrong. The pandavas asked them how can they mend it. Then Krisna said that all of you along with draupadi have to confess your hidden thought which you have not shared with anybody so far. All the pandavas confessed one by one and the mango started to rise up. But draupadi lied and the mango again dropped to ground. Then she confessed the truth that she liked Karna and she wanted to be his wife. You can check it in the original mahabharata stories online.

I am not justifying anybody. All I am saying is that everything was done by Lord krisna himself.

My god wow I had no idea about this 😲 so draupadi wanted to marry Karn oh wow this is the first time I am hearing this actually there are so many versions and I am not sure which version I read Mahabharat is really mysterious even after reading it so many stories comes out which we have never heard before 😆😆
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...SaRun...

Well constructed post and @ bold agree that both were different personalities.
But my question is why they did not show all these details in the show.The first phase of the show did not tell anything about Satyavati and then birth of Vidhur.

thanks 😊 actually they want to get to the war scenes quickly and they are showing only those scenes which they think is leading to the war and this show is going on air only for 6 months only.

This is why they are twisting the story so that they can make their own story based on Mahabharat. Their only aim is to show the actual war of mahabharat and the Geeta Updesh of Shri Krishnji
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Both were in same position but reacted differently...Satyavati acknowledged her son and he went on to become a great sage and procreator of the Kuru clan.
Kunti was a teenager and out of fear she abandoned her son.Unlike the Kalyug she would have been outcasted for being an unwed mother...At most she would have been married to the Suryadev.

Karna grew up to be enemy of Pandavas.

Mahabharata stories give us moral lesson tht how our misjudgements affect the future...So take it as a learning experience.

Edited by Blukitten - 11 years ago
Rishi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

I was about to say the same. Rishi Parasher was asked to procreate for a child and when he asked Satyawati he also gave her a boon that after her being with him she would gain her virginity also her beauty and smell of fish will go away from her body and she will become very very attractive. and she will give birth to a great sage. Right after he went away she gave birth to Ved Vyas ji who had become an adult and left her for meditation but jate jate he said whenever you will remember me I will come to you.

And Satyawati was a queen a grown up and Kunti was a child herself a teenager when she experimented this with Surya bhagwan and to her shock a child was born from her all she could think of was to get rid of him.

Besides Satyawati gave birth to a rishi from a sage which was considered alright in those days. But she revealed this fact when she her grand son had died.

Kunti was a daughter in law and could not reveal this yes she was also a queen and a widow just like satyawati but still Satyawati was raj mata who was bold and she had a huge problem of gettign heir to the thrown.

Both situations were different both personalities different.

di i agree with you. 😃 great to see you here😃
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rishi_

di i agree with you. 😃 great to see you here😃

hi thank you 🤗 and like wise hope to see you in future too 😆 I am planning to stay here as I watch this programm now and then 😉
Edited by rasyafan - 11 years ago
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

My god wow I had no idea about this 😲 so draupadi wanted to marry Karn oh wow this is the first time I am hearing this actually there are so many versions and I am not sure which version I read Mahabharat is really mysterious even after reading it so many stories comes out which we have never heard before 😆😆

I apologize. But I do no think that draupadi ever wanted to marry Karna.

In her previous birth, Draupadi had a boon from Shivji. She had wanted to marry Lord Shiv but he said that is not possible and asked her to ask something else.

So she asked for someone who would be
1. The dharma raj on earth
2. Greatest warrior
3. Strongest person etc. etc.

lord Shiva told her that as one person could never have these qualities together, she will have 5 Husbands😊

But she was also granted with the boon of being known as one of the greatest pati vratas ever..

Please do make sure that the version read is authentic online. I feel that there are certain discripencies😕
Edited by Justlikethat1 - 11 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

I apologize. But I do no think that draupadi ever wanted to marry Karna.

In her previous birth, Draupadi had a boon from Shivji. She had wanted to marry Lord Shiv but he said that is not possible and asked her to ask something else.

So she asked for someone who would be
1. The dharma raj on earth
2. Greatest warrior
3. Strongest person etc. etc.

lord Shiva told her that as one person could never have these qualities together, she will have 5 Husbands😊

But she was also granted with the boon of being known as one of the greatest pati vratas ever..

Please do make sure that the version read is authentic online. I feel that there are certain discripencies😕

actually that is the problem it's very difficult to tell which one is authentic which is not

this is the first time I am hearing that she wanted to marry karn

But I have read something about her past life I have also posted link in DKDM about Draupadi let me find it out and then post here

She got a curse from her husband who was suffering from Leprosy and she was a very pati vrata wife loved her husband very much.
snowdream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i guess its because satyavati had none to question her but kunti do...she was living in hastinapur not as a queen but as a widower of the younger prince ...If she spoke a word then all will surely turn against her and also the way karn came to hastinapur never brought that courage in Kunti.
He was foe to pandavas.

another important fact is kunti never knew karna was alive until she saw him at the abhyas day of kauravas and pandavas defending Arjun with his sharp bowing skills

and after the war ending i guess arjun do criticize kunti of not admitting and bringing up the truth to the pandavas. He do regret in killing karna and as i have read some1 i guess arjun gives a curse too that now on none women will be able to hide things as their mouth will always brings up hidden truths😆

Edited by snowdream - 11 years ago
486792 thumbnail

actually that is the problem it's very difficult to tell which one is authentic which is not

this is the first time I am hearing that she wanted to marry karn

But I have read something about her past life I have also posted link in DKDM about Draupadi let me find it out and then post here

She got a curse from her husband who was suffering from Leprosy and she was a very pati vrata wife loved her husband very much.

I have the answer.I read the story in a very authentic version of Mahabharat.Draupadi did ask for 5 qualities in her husband and she got five husbands who had those qualities instead.In her swayamvar,she disqualified Karna out of her own freewill not because Lord Krishna told her too.It has been misinterpreted.Lord Krishna was present there but he did not dissuade Draupadi.When he met the Pandavas and Draupadi after their exile,Draupadi asked him that what was her fault.Lord Krishna told her that she was responsible for rejecting Karna on the ground of his caste.For he was a great warrior and would never have gambled her away.Years later,Draupadi plucked a fruit from a Jambu tree.The tree told her that a sage was meditating behind the tree and he was to eat the fruit but she has contaminated it with her touch.She asked Bheem and Arjun to put the fruit back but they couldn't.The tree told her that she can put it back with the power of her chastity.She replied that even though she had five husbands she loved everyone equally.The tree said that there was someone whom she loved more.She said that she loved Krishna but as a brother and a friend.The tree said that there was someone else.Draupadi broke down and revealed her secret that she loved Karna and regretted not marrying him.The fruit was put back to the tree.The sage ate it and blessed Draupadi.Draupadi was chaste.She never betrayed anyone.This is from an authentic source,I assure you.Karna was a good human being but he chose the wrong side.The Pandavas never forgave their mother when they found out his truth.In the war of Kurukshetra,the Pandavas fight Bhishma(Father),Drona(Teacher) and finally Karna(Brother).This symbolises that they had freed themselves from the materialistic world.
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Astoria

I have the answer.I read the story in a very authentic version of Mahabharat.Draupadi did ask for 5 qualities in her husband and she got five husbands who had those qualities instead.In her swayamvar,she disqualified Karna out of her own freewill not because Lord Krishna told her too.It has been misinterpreted.Lord Krishna was present there but he did not dissuade Draupadi.When he met the Pandavas and Draupadi after their exile,Draupadi asked him that what was her fault.Lord Krishna told her that she was responsible for rejecting Karna on the ground of his caste.For he was a great warrior and would never have gambled her away.Years later,Draupadi plucked a fruit from a Jambu tree.The tree told her that a sage was meditating behind the tree and he was to eat the fruit but she has contaminated it with her touch.She asked Bheem and Arjun to put the fruit back but they couldn't.The tree told her that she can put it back with the power of her chastity.She replied that even though she had five husbands she loved everyone equally.The tree said that there was someone whom she loved more.She said that she loved Krishna but as a brother and a friend.The tree said that there was someone else.Draupadi broke down and revealed her secret that she loved Karna and regretted not marrying him.The fruit was put back to the tree.The sage ate it and blessed Draupadi.Draupadi was chaste.She never betrayed anyone.This is from an authentic source,I assure you.Karna was a good human being but he chose the wrong side.The Pandavas never forgave their mother when they found out his truth.In the war of Kurukshetra,the Pandavas fight Bhishma(Father),Drona(Teacher) and finally Karna(Brother).This symbolises that they had freed themselves from the materialistic world.

wow mahabharat is getting more n more mysterious so many secrets so many stories 😆
Edited by rasyafan - 11 years ago