Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

Actually no.. The elders were still contemplating who to crown as king.. Dhridhrashtra assumed it would be him because he was the eldest.
He also always felt inferior about his blindness. His towering strength and his hearing abilities never did anything to make him whole. He was worried about his disability from the beginning.

Pandu was requested to be king when Vidura opposed Dhridhrashtra's crowning siting his blindness. The other great sages and ministers agreed with Vidura and hence the crowning was stopped. Pandu was asked to take up the throne.

Dhridhrashtra went mad with anger and grief and Pandu, seeing what had happened could not go with the decision of becoming King. He had to persuaded by Bhishm and other elders about duty to the citizens. He finally accepted only to give a power of attorney to rule to his brother while he went to expand the kingdom. It was hoped by Dhridhrashtra and Shaguni that Pandu would die in the process. But Pandu came back a Samrat while Dhridhrashtra again sulked.

Hence Pandu siting a curse decided to go to the forest with his wives and left Dhridhrashtra in charge of the kingdom until a suitable heir was born. Yudhishtir was the heir (first born of the king).๐Ÿ˜Š

Hey thanks for information. You have explained it lucidly. โญ๏ธ
@ bold-- you mean to say Dhritarashtra got a chance to rule the kingdom during that time?
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Gandhari's decision was impulsive and she was in a self pity mode something like "Look I am such a mahan nari...I am marrying a blind man for my parents and giving up my sight for my hubby"
If your doing some sacrifice do it with selfless heart no need to show off.

Supposing Dhritrashta had lost his sight after marriage due to some accident...so she wld given up her eyes too??
Suppose he gets wounded in war will she wound herself too??
Do wives have to follow every physical disability which their hubby get ?

Even in MB times wives were not tht foolish ๐Ÿ˜†

If we look at it other way...Dhrtrashrta and Gandhari are metaphore for parents who turn blind eye towards their kids...If parents dont guide their kids they end up like kauravs.

sandy_rags thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blukitten

Gandhari's decision was impulsive and she was in a self pity mode something like "Look I am such a mahan nari...I am marrying a blind man for my parents and giving up my sight for my hubby"

Supposing Dhritrashta had lost his sight after marriage due to some accident...so she wld given up her eyes too??

If we look at it other way...Dhrtrashrta and Gandhari are metaphore for parents who turn blind eye towards their kids...If parents dont guide their kids they end up like kauravs.

Well said!
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blukitten

Absolutely right ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜†
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It can be considered a sweet revenge to Bhishm as well who kind of forcefully married Gandhari to Dritharashtra๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Gold.Abrol thumbnail
Awesome thought first of all i think gandhari decided this for her husband but it all turned to opposite she was a devoted wife so could not raise voice against her husbands aspirations of becoming a king n his sons becoming a king so this all happened she did this to come close to her husband but I suppose fate already had en stored something else for this poor lady ๐Ÿ˜Š
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abrol.gold

Awesome thought first of all i think gandhari decided this for her husband but it all turned to opposite she was a devoted wife so could not raise voice against her husbands aspirations of becoming a king n his sons becoming a king so this all happened she did this to come close to her husband but I suppose fate already had en stored something else for this poor lady ๐Ÿ˜Š

Not poor she was a strong lady and only that person can take such a strong step such a devoted one if that person has a will of iron she was strong she was brave and she was devoted but while she took that pratigya she only thought of herself how she wanted to live and feel she neither thought to be strong for her husband or about the rajya I guess she took that decision out of shock numbness sadness self pity may be she was immature more likely, over senstive or confused ๐Ÿ˜•

yes even strong willed persons can also feel the same feelings get upset or shocked all these feeling doesn't make them less strong or less brave it's human only๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

dont go by this mahabharat๐Ÿคข

I read somewhere that our rishi munis wanted people to read such stories and learn from them that is why they never ever made their charatcers either good or bad like black and white in every character they put both good as well as bad qualities and humans have all sorts of qualities have you in all these years seen any one human who has been perfect how can that be when our gods are not perfect ๐Ÿ˜†

our rishi munis knew everything they were learned gurus and they knew what to tell their vanshaj and how to make them learn their lessons ๐Ÿ‘