TOI: Every mytho character significant in today's world: Anoop Singh

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Every mythological character has some significance in today's world: Thakur Anoop Singh
Medhashrree Dutta, TNN | Sep 28, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Every mythological character has some significance in today's world: Thakur Anoop Singh
Thakur Anoop Singh
In the city for a promotional tour, television actor Thakur Anoop Singh spoke to us about his Indore sojourn and why he's happy being majorly associated with mythological serials.

Anoop who visited MP for the first time, says, "It has been pretty hectic for me. I have been hopping from one place to another since morning. But I would love to explore the city before leaving. In fact, I loved the weather here. It was a nice change from the humid Mumbai weather."

The actor, who currently essays Dhritharashtra's role in the TV series Mahabharat, has been mostly seen in mythological shows. Ask him why so and he says, "It's not that I consciously chose to be a part of mythological soaps, but it was coincidental. I was offered Dhritharashtra's role in 2011 and I had started preparing myself since then. But the show couldn't go on air then due to some reason."

Be it the role of Hanuman in Ramayana or Prince Dushasana in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna, Anoop says that he's pretty much satiated with the kind of roles he has been portraying. "I think every mythological character has some significance in today's world too. An entire generation has passed since the time the older Mahabharat went on-air in the 1980s, so it's time we educate the younger lot. Whatever little fame I have today is all because of these mythological series. And trust me, I have absolutely no regrets over not being a part of regular TV shows," he asserts.
Edited by A-A-S - 11 years ago