Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Dhritarastra felt that he is the eldest son of Vichitravirya, so he deserves the throne. It's not that he's desperate...he felt it's his right. He felt that it was unfair that his son should be deprived of the throne for the simple reason that he's blind. Had Duryodhan been elder to Yudhishtir what would they have done?

I think from his perspective he was right. Who wouldn't want to be king? Everyone is not Lord Ram or Bharat.

its a normal human feeling.
Edited by visrom - 11 years ago
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
no him marrying gandhari was because of the 100 sons boon given to gandhari by Shivji..

butyes dhritarashtra had a inferiorrity complex beause he was blind and when due to ths, his thronw went to pandu in his heart he self pitied and when duryodhan was born all hale and hearty without any physical weaknesses, he somewhere thought all his dreams would be fulfilled via duryodhan..

apart from this I will type a few lines form the title track of old Mahabharat (BR chopra) and you will know ...

"Katha hai purushaarth ki, yeh swaarth ki, paramaarth ki saarthi jiske bane shri krishna bhaarat parth ki.."
704537 thumbnail
I feel here they are over doing it
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Suni-

I feel here they are over doing it

They are over doing a lot of things...like Dhritarashtra walking out in anger, Gandhari wearing flowers all over her body...I don't think it's necessary to show all these intricate details, unless they are planning a 10000 episode serial. Mahabharat is a big story with lots of branches and sub branches. Will they visit each and everything in so much detail?
Sorry...but Krishna popping in all of a sudden in the middle is also a distraction. It's after all a half an hour episode...on top of it we have ad breaks...uske oopar Krishna bhi gyaan dene aa gaye toh kahani kaise aage badhegi? 😕
Krishna was probably brought in to fill in Samay's shoes. But his dialogues lack the punch that Samay had. They are too confusing at times.
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: visrom

They are over doing a lot of things...like Dhritarashtra walking out in anger, Gandhari wearing flowers all over her body...I don't think it's necessary to show all these intricate details, unless they are planning a 10000 episode serial. Mahabharat is a big story with lots of branches and sub branches. Will they visit each and everything in so much detail?
Sorry...but Krishna popping in all of a sudden in the middle is also a distraction. It's after all a half an hour episode...on top of it we have ad breaks...uske oopar Krishna bhi gyaan dene aa gaye toh kahani kaise aage badhegi? 😕
Krishna was probably brought in to fill in Samay's shoes. But his dialogues lack the punch that Samay had. They are too confusing at times.

Krishna lack that appeal that mystery that kaal had at that time. In Old Mahabharat.

They are missing important points but they are showing useless things like Gandhari's flower decoration unnecessary and Dhritrashtra's over inferiority complexes larger then life thing.😆

The whole story has been given a new twist rather then a new treatment, new wine in old bottle 😕 and stuff. 🤢

they failed to observe better, they failed to think new, they failed to understand mahabharat obviously.

But there's still hope yet. At least I hope for it.😕😔 I was so looking forward to this serial already knew that they would never be able to make it like old one but never in my dreams did I dream or thought that this would be the result. They have made mockery of all the characters of the Great Mahabharat and reduced it to this. 😡
Won't same it further a lot of people might get angry with me who love this serial 😆 so am stopping here.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rasyafan
No one is going to get angry with you for expressing your opinion.There is no serial in the world that is liked by everyone.All serials are liked by some and disliked by some.Its normal .Similarly MB will be liked by some and disliked by some just the same case with all serials no big deal
Edited by Sabhayata - 11 years ago
visrom thumbnail
I didn't understand one thing. Yesterday they showed that Vidur was made mantri before Dhitarashtra was made king because Bhishma thought that Dhritarashtra(so tough to type thru mobile ) may not make Vidur mantri. But once Dhritarashtra becomes king, he can dismiss Vidur any time can't he? So what was the big deal?
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I was the most excited for MB..now i'm very disappointing. one thing because they said they had trained the actors for more than a year to get accustomed to the respective characters they are playing but apart from a few seasoned actors all the others are horrible in dialogues delivery, body language and getting into the skin of the character.

I love SRJ as vishnu in DKDM.. he was also good in some parts as krishna but some episodes where he has to take a walk or they show his entire posture he needs to work on it..as in yesterday's episode never liked the way he was walking or standing, not at all at par to shri krishna's character..I am not blaming sRJ here but it should be the episode director who should ask to do the retake of the scene until its perfect.

then there other long list of actors...that ambika , amablika are oof too horribly plain in dialogues delivery.. even that ganga looks like a ramp model ...when she says 'putra' to bheeshma i feel irritated 😡 no good acting at all

then the script and screenplay are not up to the mark even they are stretching certain things like the suhaag raat of dhritarshtra and him rejecting gandhaari that night...dont know whether this is in the original MB by ved vyaas and whats the point to stretch this factor? we all know they are going to get it done and are going to have a hundred sons..instead why did they not show the ganga shaantanu story?

The costumes and make up were supposed to be done after long discussions and engaging veteran bhanu athaiya ..but they hardly look like modern day's costumes with a splash of antique jewellery...oof some of those noodle straps and off shoulder clothes dont suit at all...

I think we should now accept the fact that this is the MB of daily soap makers..with all the saas bahu and saazish dramas in it..
Edited by lovesunshine - 11 years ago
snowdream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: visrom

I didn't understand one thing. Yesterday they showed that Vidur was made mantri before Dhitarashtra was made king because Bhishma thought that Dhritarashtra(so tough to type thru mobile ) may not make Vidur mantri. But once Dhritarashtra becomes king, he can dismiss Vidur any time can't he? So what was the big deal?

appointments a king can do himself not dismissal.i think once he is a king, he can't dismiss someone without discussing with other members so Bhishma decided to appoint vidur as mantri before crowning Dhritrashtra. And moreover i thing Bheeshma has his own intentions to do the same. Him being a mere court person can't stop Dhritrastra being crown but a pradhan mantri can bring up his views without fear
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Rasyafan

No one is going to get angry with you for expressing your opinion.There is no serial in the world that is liked by everyone.All serials are liked by some and disliked by some.Its normal .Similarly MB will be liked by some and disliked by some just the same case with all serials no big deal

Oh I hope 😆 a serial is a serial after all esp this one and there is always going to be difference of opinion but you never know what one might feel so I just want to be cautious don't want anyone to feel bad 😉 or that I am negating them or whatever they might feel and as you said No big deal