Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snowdream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -iLoveSobti-

I'm not sure. But it is clearly visible here in the show that they are over exaggerating things. Drirdrashtra was never so arrogant as far as I know or from the books I have read.

Ya same he was never so arrogant to people. As far as i remember he was just a blind father who nodded with anything said by his son..
snowdream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Binge

I cant understand.. why aint they sticking to the old show than having their own version. Its not like a remake of a movie that needs to suit with today's mindset. Ppl will accept it, considering its a mythological show. They need to keep it authentic.

same doubt came to me...They r showing it too much of a new version, like amba's revenge which they made a different point of view..bhishma's way of kidnapping the princess while he took them by force here its shown him having a talk with king, now this dhritrashtra being so a rude man
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Well if you read the books you will understand that dhridhrashtra was capable in every way to become a king the only thing that stood in his way was his blindness so that is why his resentment increased when pandu became a king because the only reason why the choose pandu was because dhridhrashtra was blind

Yes he was always very ambitious and desperate for the throne as shown in the show that is the root cause why duryodhan was also so desparate for the throne. Now that fact that he wanted to marry gandhari for the throne is added definitely but his ambition or desperation is not fictitious originally also he was desparate and ambitious

As for the dhridhrashtra in BRC 's MB well he was an extremely weak character but originally dhridhrashtra wasn't that weak a character he was a very good warrior capable in every way infact this dhrtidhrashtar is more closer to the books. His only weakness was his love for his son

As for arrogance hmm I don't know he isnt shown to be arrogant but wants to be independent

daenerysnow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
He was more weak and jealous than arrogant, but if he was arrogant it wasn't in the same vein as Duryodhanas public display of it.,, I think they have taken some liberty in trying to indicate the origins of Duryodhana's arrogant nature through his father by slightly reinforcing it in Dhritarashtras own mannerisms. As pictured in BR Chopras Mahabhrata Dhritarashtra had occasional outbursts especially with Vidur but mellowed down a bit in his later years yet always bearing the grudge and defiance of a child who has been treated unfairly;, I reckon he secretly enjoyed playing the victim of consequences, by justifying all his mistakes to the fact that he was blind, never really understanding the true value of acting against all odds as Karna had.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Dhrotrashtra was ambitious but not totally wicked. He did love his brother to some extent
ab98623 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
pls dnt watch BRC n say dis is wrong...Dhritarashtra was a very ambitious man...u could evn call him mean...in some bks dat i hav read,its said dat his cunning-ness could b compared to dat of Shakuni...only difference is dat Shakuni was doing all dis for his love for his sister,which can b understood...n Dritarashtra was doing dis for SATTA...
dont u know d story of he crushing a pillar into dust thinking it was Bhima?it only proves that he was ambitious,cunning, n ...not vry good...😆
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Dhritrashtra suffered from a complex . He wanted the throne but he in his heart new that he is not capable enough for it

He was desparate because he thought it will give him confidance and a place in the eyes of every body

but they are overdoing it
Watch BRC MB you will understand it more

correct

they showed in a graceful manner but this MB is trash
they are belittleing each and every character and there is no dignity of any character
this is a mere nautanki
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thank god majority of people understnad that this mahabharat is not authentic just an immitation and based on false and fake

Please read the original mahabharat in the net and you will come to know each person was a hero as well as had grey shades and but they were great too
even duryodhan had many qualities and dhritrashtra was a complex creature bcoz of his blindness and later he was what shakuni made him
he was confused bcoz of his handicap adn shakuni on purpose would mis guide him and gandhari was not a devious person her major mistake was to become herself blind rather then be eyes of her husbadn

I rather think had gandhari's own eyes remained opened then she would have not let mahabharat happen and she would not let anyone even if bheesham or dhritrashtra or duryodhan kill her parents and siblings and she would have stopped shakuni from fullfilling his dream of destroying kururvansh

Duryodhan also would not have been what he became
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think not. His portrayal seems highly inaccurate to me here. Dhritrashtra wasn't mean to Vidura, for starters and in no version of Mahabharata has been so anxious to be made the king really. Of course he wanted to be the king badly, but this is a different level of 'badly' which I'm rather skeptical of.

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well i have read Mahabhart and think that this serial is pretty authentic definately not trash yes they have altered few details but essence is as original as possible.WHat majority thinks no one knows since no one has conducted a poll?hence personal opinions cant be reffered to as majority opinion.soem people may think its trash some people may think its good to each his own but what majority think no one knows.
As for dhridhrashtra he was ambitious even in the books i think any one who has read the books wont deny this.He wasnt a goOdy two shoes person he was like a normal human being who was ambitioUS and became sour when what he though belonged to him was taken away same as in this MB.He wanst potrayed as a hero even in the epic like i said he was like a human being like us today who sided whith his chidren when they were worng becuase he loved them .He wasnt a villian nor a hero and the show is showing the same.Dhridhrashtra always wanted to be a king and he was very anxious to be one that is the root cuase of why dhuryodhan was so ambitious as well