Was Dhritarashtra so desperate for throne../ VB Nt pg 7

snowdream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Ya i know in the show Dhritrashtra is shown so much desperate for throne..
But in actual was he so...Because i never read so..Ya he was blind in fatherhood but was he this much ambitious on being King. Was he this much ambitious while choosing Gandhari only as a step to reach throne of Hastinapur...?????
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Dhritrashtra suffered from a complex . He wanted the throne but he in his heart new that he is not capable enough for it
He was desparate because he thought it will give him confidance and a place in the eyes of every body

but they are overdoing it
Watch BRC MB you will understand it more
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think he had this complex because of his blindness and he always thought everything was unfair to him since he was blind..

But, I had a doubt with the crowning of the king. Doesnt Pandu get to become the king bcos Dhirtarashtra was blind ? this was an insult for Dhritarashtra. He thought he had the HAQ no matter what since he was the oldest. Only when Pandu goes to forest, I forget why, Dhirtarastra gets to become the king.I remember reading this part and even seeing this in the old MB but never thought that he married Gandhari only for Satta..

Originally posted by: dixie123

I think he had this complex because of his blindness and he always thought everything was unfair to him since he was blind..

But, I had a doubt with the crowning of the king. Doesnt Pandu get to become the king bcos Dhirtarashtra was blind ? this was an insult for Dhritarashtra. He thought he had the HAQ no matter what since he was the oldest. Only when Pandu goes to forest, I forget why, Dhirtarastra gets to become the king.I remember reading this part and even seeing this in the old MB but never thought that he married Gandhari only for Satta..

No the reason for marrying Gandhari was not satta

it was 100 sons boon

Kurus were desperate for kids

Pandu becoming king was a blow to Dhritrashtra

you can say it was the root cause of Mahabharat
snowdream thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Dhritrashtra suffered from a complex . He wanted the throne but he in his heart new that he is not capable enough for it

He was desparate because he thought it will give him confidance and a place in the eyes of every body

but they are overdoing it
Watch BRC MB you will understand it more

ya i have seen the old MB of BRC, but then in that Dhritrashtra wasn't this of a kind..I mean i don't remember him considering gandhari only as a step to throne..
No he had regards for his wife
They are overdoing it
snowdream thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

No he had regards for his wife

They are overdoing it

oh ya ok...😊
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: snowdream

ya i have seen the old MB of BRC, but then in that Dhritrashtra wasn't this of a kind..I mean i don't remember him considering gandhari only as a step to throne..

I had the same doubt. Thanks for mentioning what was shown in BRC MB. I expected Dhritarashtra to be like how Pandu is portrayed in the show! But I get where the story is leading. Like how ppl mentioned here, he has to have that ambition to become one for the blow.

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I cant understand.. why aint they sticking to the old show than having their own version. Its not like a remake of a movie that needs to suit with today's mindset. Ppl will accept it, considering its a mythological show. They need to keep it authentic.
616377 thumbnail
I'm not sure. But it is clearly visible here in the show that they are over exaggerating things. Drirdrashtra was never so arrogant as far as I know or from the books I have read.