Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: bhas1066

fine . ok. for the last time i am asking if shakuni's brothers and fathers died in prtison why are their names mentioned in the war as slain by arjun and bhima??

Then when those cavalry divisions were thinned and a remnant only survived, the Younger brothers of Suvala's son, Possessed of great wisdom, rode out, O Bharata (from the Kaurava array) to the van of battle, mounted On excellent charges that resembled the tempest itself
in both fleetness and the violence of their dash and that were well-trained and neither old nor young. Those six brothers endued with great strength, viz., Gaya, Gavaksha, Vrishava, Charmavat, Arjava, and Suka dashed out of the mighty (Kaurava) array, supported by Sakuni and by their respective forces of great valour, themselves clad in mail, skilled in battle, fierce in mien, and possessed of exceeding might. Breaking through that invincible cavalry division (of the Pandavas), O thou of mighty arms, those Gandhara warriors who could with difficulty be vanquished, supported by a large force, desirous of heaven, longing for victory, and filled with delight, penetrated into it.

Then Arjuna slew those princes and tigers among men, viz., Vrishaka and Achala, staying on one car side by side, with, O monarch, a single arrow. Sakuni also, conversant with a hundred different kinds of illusions, seeing his brothers slain, created illusions for confounding the two Krishnas.

Unable to bear the slaughter of the mighty car-warrior Satachandra, Sakuni's brothers, viz., the heroic Gavaksha and Sarabha and Bibhu, and Subhaga, and Bhanudatta, those five mighty car-warriors, rushing towards Bhimasena, attacked him with their keen shafts.

is KMG wrong or these folk derivative versions???

Hmmm Mahabharat is getting even more confused especially as far as Shakuni is concerned
Adr_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rasyafan

yes dear what Shakuni did was justicfied and some say it was dhritrashtra or Duryodhan or Bheeshm but whoever did Bheeshm could have put a stop to this cruelty being the eldest or so called rajmata could have kept the respect of her sons in laws

and besides the story tells that for 22 years shakuni was kept in jail he had 100 brothers and his parents whom he saw dieing one by one of hunger as they all gave him that one grain of rice to him for him to survive and take revenge. Shakuni got fed up one day so he pleaded with Bheeshm and then only Bheeshm relented

height of cruelty 😡

I was so overwhelmed by this information that I searched for it through net and I found this and I was really shocked that how can any hero be also a villain especially when Gandhar's King did nothing wrong but followed Vedic rite and ritual.🤢😡

really 😲 I never thought Bheesma had this side also 😲 If all this info is true i completely would take the side of Shakuni only. 22 Years is quite a lot 😲😲
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i never found either stories .. but thanks a lot ..
in any ways shakuni is one of the imp char and well known char of mahavarat .. even now we refer to any cunning person as shakuni mama ..

and the actor is playing it awesome
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
we hav this version in oriya folklores too...but there Duryodhana imprisoned them and Gandhari had married a tree...the tree get burned after the marriage...
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There are lots of versions of Mahabharata just like Ramayana.

We should only concentrate on what is written in Vedvyas Mahabharata.

I feel that this Shakuni story is part of the folklore.

If in Vedvyas Mahabharat, Shakuni would have been subjected to such height of cruelty, then it would have been a well known fact. But for the first time , I am hearing this stories.

What is known is that Shakuni was extremely unhappy that his sister is getting married to a blind person who was not even going to be the emperor.

It was bad deal for them and Shakuni wanted that his sister and her children should enjoy all the power and hence he plotted everything.
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: doyelpakhi

There are lots of versions of Mahabharata just like Ramayana.

We should only concentrate on what is written in Vedvyas Mahabharata.

I feel that this Shakuni story is part of the folklore.

If in Vedvyas Mahabharat, Shakuni would have been subjected to such height of cruelty, then it would have been a well known fact. But for the first time , I am hearing this stories.

What is known is that Shakuni was extremely unhappy that his sister is getting married to a blind person who was not even going to be the emperor.

It was bad deal for them and Shakuni wanted that his sister and her children should enjoy all the power and hence he plotted everything.

you are right but it is also a fact that there are several versions of Mahabharat and because of elapse of so much of time we dont know what is true or what is wrong

but it really hurt that the producer and director are twisting the great epic mahabharat
they are showing corrupt version which is not at all true

I encourage Sanatan Dharm stories from Puran but in their originality not not at all in twisted manner

this is such a interest killer
today after seeing the way dhristrashtra is acting his grand mother satyavati everybody especially Amba the way she went to meet Shaalv kumar or satyavati killed that fish or behaved was so pukish

Now I am not interested in watching this stupid serial
947708 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

you are right but it is also a fact that there are several versions of Mahabharat and because of elapse of so much of time we dont know what is true or what is wrong

but it really hurt that the producer and director are twisting the great epic mahabharat
they are showing corrupt version which is not at all true

I encourage Sanatan Dharm stories from Puran but in their originality not not at all in twisted manner

this is such a interest killer
today after seeing the way dhristrashtra is acting his grand mother satyavati everybody especially Amba the way she went to meet Shaalv kumar or satyavati killed that fish or behaved was so pukish

Now I am not interested in watching this stupid serial

it's directors vision enjoy it as serial if u go into details u won't find old mahabharat was best research its like wiki new version can't have same see the visuals and enjoy we all know story right so watch it .
Shilpi77 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh did not know at all about this
rasyafan thumbnail

Originally posted by: charizard

wow look at this bheeshma

he had no problem in kidnapping AAA. he had no problem in indirectly forcing gandhari to marry the blind dhrit. then why he had problem if gandhari was a widow first ?

if gandhari was a widow then even dhrit was blind. fair deal isnt it ?

why is it that the groom can have any defects but the bride should always be perfect for him ?
bheeshma and his false ego is the root cause of all the problems.

devi ganga gives life to everyone and washes their sins. then how can her own son be like this ?

mahabharat is all about ego

Right from Shantanu to Abhimanyu to his son parikshit to his son Janmejay

everyone took every decsion because of their egos whether male or female
the only person who had no ego was Vidhur and that is why he lead his life and took decisions based on his neetis AKA Vidhur neeti but alas everyone's ego's would not accept those neetis that lead to the war of the mahabharat

S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Now regarding the dice...it was made of the bones of Jarasandh...whom Bheema had killed in the Dwandwayuddha (a form of fight where fight continues till one of the two people is dead)...thus the dice would always be feared of Bheema...and would go against his side of request for DAN...the reason why Pandava's lost Dyutwas...dice never gave number in their favor...so they lost all that they bet for
so this version Shakuni story I have never come across..
Edited by snehalS - 11 years ago