TOI: Bollywood reacts to Mahabharat

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Bollywood's take on telly's Mahabharat
A still from new Mahabharat
The latest version of Mahabharat, which airs on Star Plus, has not only got the youth of the country hooked to the great epic, but it's also winning accolades from the Indian film industry. While the marketing campaign of the show generated huge interest " with the promise of never-before-seen grandeur on Indian television " it's good to see that the show has lived up to the expectations. TOI spoke to some prominent names in Bollywood to know what they had to say about the show...

Mahesh Bhatt: "It's clearly the mother of all serials. The scale on which it has been shot shows that the makers have backed the content to the fullest. A majority of this country is under the age of 30 and will get an opportunity to inhale this great epic with a top-class visual narrative. I won't be surprised if it goes on to create history."

Ashutosh Gowariker: "From what I have seen till now, I feel that this one might match up with BR Chopra saab's Mahabharat. It is very well executed. The sets are grandiose and the costumes are beautiful. The dialogues keep the essence of Sanskrit, at the same time making it palatable to the audiences today.

Neil Nitin Mukesh: "The way they have used Krishna is very interesting. He is going to get a lot of female fans for sure. I was also very impressed with the overall production, as I have never seen a show of such a grand scale on Indian television."

Sonu Sood: "Bhishma is such an important character in Mahabharat and Aarav Chaudhary has performed the role superbly. This show would have been such a challenge with all the burden of comparison and expectation."

Richa Chadda: "There was a lot of talk about this show and it has met the expectations. It might open up avenues for more such elaborate production ventures on television."

Minnisha Lamba: "I think Amba's (played by Ratan Rajput) character is going to become very popular as it's a strong performance. I am now looking forward to watch Draupadi."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing... so it positive reviews from bollywood..😊
MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks. Really very happy to See, It's growing popularity... Surely It has the Elements to match up to It's Marks, that has been Stacked on It. It going to be another Trend-Setter.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
WOW glad it is getting such good reception hopefully TRP's are also good
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
WOW such good reception hopefully TRP's should also be good
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
t4s
great to see it is garnering positive response.
jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i am very happy that renown film actors, producers and directors are liking the show. 👏
Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Feel relieved reading d reviewr.tfs.
memarathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tfs.it is such a really nice responce
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with Sonu Sood , I do think that Arav Chaudhary is doing a very very good job as Bhishma .
So far he is my favorite in the show n the reason that I'm watching it . 😳
Waiting for the Pandavas to come .