i absolutely love this new Mahabharat!!!!

merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
dont think this Mahabharat is meant to last more then 6 to 8 months, considering the fast pace that it is going, the makers are touching the important aspects that have occurred and how one incident invariably lead to another, and ultimately the fall of Hastinapur,
considering the technology used to create this serial is incomparable to any other television show in india or abroad. the out door shootings for many scenes are used, if they have the carry this serial for 2 to 3 years the quality will drop drastically and people witll stop taking interest. look what happened to Ekta's Mahabharat, it ran for around 4 to 5 months, only to go of air,

I dont think the makers are looking at this venture as a long time bases. but more as a retrospection of old values in relation to are every day lives. they are reintroducing it for the newer and younger audience, so that they too can get in touch with these values that older people have been brought up with.

i love the little snippets of Krishna appearance and the message he delivers. i loved the part where he talks about parenting, that parents want to secure their children's futures and forget about molding the present characters, this is so prevalent in our society today.

i love the message of how ambition can ask for a very high price, more then you are willing to give in the future. and how the uncontrolled selfish ambition of only one person can lead to the downfall of an entire nation.

and as for the actors, it think they are doing a good job, not many of them have long parts to play as the story is moving at a fast pace, king Shantanu was only there for 3 episodes, all the main character have not even introduced yet, some article are saying epic failure even before the story has even started.

yes so Krishna has fair complexion, Saurab played Vishnu in Mahadev, and vishnu too has been depicted to have dark complexion, but nobody complained there, and really who cares about complexion, this Krishna is eye candy, his eyes speak volumes, and he smiles is so benevolent its like having god smile at you. he has beauty and grace, that is associated with Lord Krishna and that works for me.

the special effects are of top class, not to mention the costumes, they remind me of the old Amar Chitra Katha comic books i read 30 years back when i was a child. even in those the women were depicted as sensual, and men muscular. and its a treat to the eye. you wouldn't see better special effects even in a bollywood movie. and here they are Awesome

and besides the characters with the meatier roles have yet to be introduced, and that would be worth a watch, to see how todays actors portray the ancient characters of a whole different era. when men were not ordinary and Gods walked the earth.

I think this Mahabharat is brilliantly conceptualised. and i absolutely love it. even if it lasts six to eight months i will watch each and every episode without fail

oh and in not hindu so i am not bias. i just love a well told story and the Mahabharat is one of the best stories ever told.

people who agree with me please post your comments and hit the like button. and those who don't, can post your comments too

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree i am enjoying this new Mahabharat as well.Its different from BR chopra's Mahabharat.I guess some people are dissapointed becuase the story is not being shown in the same way as it was done in BR chopra's Mahabharat.But they need to understand that even the old Mahabharat omitted a lot of stories becuase it not possible to show all Mahabharat stories.So even the new one will omit certain stories and in place will show certain other stories.For example they cut shantanu-ganga story and in place are showing more of Amba's story which the original Mahabhart didnt .And just because the old Mahabhart didnt show AMba's story in detail it doenst mean that the story isnt true its very true.Its just that like old Mahabhart decided to show and omit certian stories so is the new Mahabharat infact i am glad they are showing the stories in a different way by showing character slightly different and showing new stories.it makes things more intresting
crazy-nut thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm in awe with the CG used for t.v. serial & enjoy the show much & like the actors portraying Bhishma Pitamah, Amba & Lord Parashuram but notice Krishna & Shiva are portrayed by actors from Mahadev... would hv been nicer if they had scouted new talents. I do enjoy Mahadev...but seeing this actors criss-cross confuses me to which show i'm watchingπŸ˜•
Edited by crazy-nut - 11 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
That's a very agreeable post you made there, you've summed up all the things I personally like very much about this venture as well. That being said, I am an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any religions, whatsoever. It's an added heads up, if you ask me, one really doesn't get biased and learns to appreciate Mahabharata for what it is, the biggest satire of all time!

I like it supremely, this one. And that'd be for the simple reason that it has been constructed keeping viewers of this generation in mind. Old or young, nobody has enough patience to let the entire story unfold. We're bound to lose interest. I, for one, lose interest in Hindi shows two episodes into their reign. So, because I watched this one the whole week, man, it's gotta be something. πŸ˜†

My most favorite thus far has to be Krishna's narration. The one he did in Thursday's episode brought big, real fat tears to my eyes. He said bad things happen and people make their lives revolve around them. He said people try to make life worthy of em when it's actually the other way around. And I felt, dude. Story of my life. 😳

Awesome stuff, nonetheless!

Cheers,
Epiphany.

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I actually like the quick pace
Cos a quicker pace means a crisper story line and a quicker narrative

Yes i do admit they skip on the details-but to think of it
I have seen MB being wrapped up in a 5 hour play and a three hour movie

If the ENTIRE Mahabharat is to be explained-the audience would get bored

We live in a time where we get bored with things quickly,we don't have the patience to wait
Specially in TV-if the story goes no where in a week,the audience will immediately shift to something that excites them

In one week of MB,they have already laid the foundation to the show,and what all lead to the Mahabharat
Not to forget in one week,Dritrashtra(who is a principle character) and Pandu(Pandavas father) are already born

Also a quicker pace means lesser melo drama-infact i dont know if anyone noticed
But there hasnt been more melodrama than needed
As in considering there are three widows,two deaths,one rejection,blind child etc
The drama etc has been kept to the bare minimum
No breaking bangels,excessive glycerine tears etc
Here we are spared of the saas bahu melodrama so far-hope it remains this way

Also i liked Krishna-Dark or not
I think the seekh he gives at every important chapter is very relevant
So relevant that his "Vichar karke Dekhiye" really makes you think and retrospect
The teachings are relevant to today
My Dad who is not a TV or Mytho buff loves Krishna and his Vaani

I think this show should be given time
Yes it has some flaws...but no one starts perfect-it will take time for them to understand what the audience needs and us to get used to thier interpretation

Reg BR Chopras Mahabharat
That was a different time itself-the generation was different,TV was new in India,the thought process of people was different of the makers,the audience,the market conditions were differnt
That was an era in itself
But
I dont think a replica of that would be accepted now

This MB is by a differnt team,who are making the show with a different view point and a different objective

I on my part like the show
But hope that the criticism provided is also taken into consideration by the makers

Shruti

mnx12 thumbnail
This version of MB is different & I like different approach as the older one is already known & viewed by many. There is no fun in watching a remake of an old show. Today the viewers wants excellent product. If you are hooked during the initial 2 to 3 epi. will continue watching it further. With other options awailable at that time sloton different channel, why should one stop serfing channel & stay at one channel only? Today's generation is different.
My sis never watches any Mytho is hooked since the 1st epi. I was surprised seeing her watching even reruns.
One thing I am sure of, those who are complaing & not complaining, all will watch it till end.πŸ˜†
So let's make our viewing experience pleasant by keeping an open mind & have no exectations. This approach will work for sure.😊
Isolophiliac00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Though i too am loving this version.. but i would like to see the main part a little bit detailed..
The effects and sets are amazing..giving a exquisite feel to the whole show..and about the cast..they are great and awesome..especially krishna..even if he appears for seconds he lights up the screen.. and his calm expressions and dialogue delievry is something i'm truly a fan of.. i'm praying that they show whole of the story in details after kaurvas and pandavas birth..
I hv watched the older version but in bits so i wish they can show the most of it..
and if they show it like this only..i would even then watch it till end..
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i am liking the new mahabharat too.
performance wise krishna is show stealer but i also like satyawati,bheesham,parsuram.
vfx of parsuram were good but those in first epi weren't good.
i guess the makers wanted to introduce the main characters soon and therefore the pace is a bit rushed but i feel they would slow down from this week.
bravehearted thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have also started liking it...The first epi was a bit boring but enjoying it since then...More detail should be shown in coming epis... I like Krishna and Bhisma the most... πŸ˜ƒ
Shilpi77 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
my girl learns about it but she finds a little difficult as the language is tricky for her, she is 6 year old...
I am very impressed with the direction but yes I agree that sequencing is not that great but I think that is happening now as they want to dwell more time on the actual pandav, kaurav, karan and krishna times