Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Janaki Couldn't have agreed with you more.The show is way too Rushed and Believe it or not..There are people who have completely forgotten some stories associated with MB .It simply is because of the fact its been 25 years since BR chopra 's MB which everyonegrew up watching and MB ain't an Epic which is read and re-read at homes on a regular basis to keep the track brushed in the minds of people.So THE COMMON PEOPLE AND THERE ARE MANY WHO AREN'T ABLE TO JOIN THE DOTS SO QUICKLY.I have several of my friends from other countries too clueless about the tracks and are trying hard to follow the story line..SO THIS ASSUMPTION THAT PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW THE STORY WELL is not feasible. Only people who are well versed with the epic can understand the story at the pace with which it is moving..Sorry to say but the storytelling is based on an ASSUMPTION that everyone knows the story which is Hilarious.25 years is a long time and Common people have indeed forgotten the interwoven stories..
So Disappointed...I can follow because I have curiosity and I read and Google What about others who watch without caring to read beforehand ??AGAR PADH HI LENA HOTA TO MB KYUN DEKHEIN ??
Edited by manzilmukul - 11 years ago
Acumen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agree! The makers seem to be in a hurry that they are missing some of the important parts. It was never Satyavati who demanded to be the rajmata but her father wanted her to be the rajmata otherwise she would have no less than a dasi (according to Satyavati's father)
Also they did not show Vedvyas. Everything seems to be in a rush.
I think their main focus is the Mahabharat yudh only. Hope the show improves with time.
Isolophiliac00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

The dasi part happened due to this - since Dhritarashtra was born blind, Satyavati asked Ambika to have another son from Vyasa. But Ambika was too scared and didn't want to appear b4 him a 2nd time, so she sent a dasi, disguised as herself, to Vyasa. This dasi had no issues w/ Vyasa, and as a result, gave birth to Vidura

But wasn't all the three kids born on same day..so how did they knew earlier only that dhritrashtra is going to be blind..
sonanai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
posted in another thread too :
Here People are saying that New mahabharat makers are in a hurry, but I do not find this they are not in a hurry at all...If they are in a hurry then they should not show the dramatized events happened in life of Amba... I feel many unnecessary things have been shown to dramatise the events (though it is gr8 to watch such an action pact thing as if we see the same without thinking of Mahabharat then it is interesting) I want to point out events which I feel has not occurred in Mahabharat still shown to dramatise. Please comment on views.

1. Golden fish event
2. Rakshash event to show the entry of Bhishma
3. Panchaal giving mrityu dand to Vichitraveer
4. Vichiteveer showing drunk and spoilt person
5. Crops burning by Amba
6. Refusal of Parshuram
7. Bhishma calling sun god and threatening him to give vichitraveer's life
8. Suicide threat by Amba to Parshuram
9. Irritating look by Satyavati on Vidur's birth
10. Amba crossing sea / river to convey war invitation from Parshuram.

So on...🤣
Acumen thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonanai

posted in another thread too :
Here People are saying that New mahabharat makers are in a hurry, but I
do not find this they are not in a hurry at all...If they are in a hurry
then they should not show the dramatized events happened in life of
Amba... I feel many unnecessary things have been shown to dramatise the
events (though it is gr8 to watch such an action pact thing as if we see
the same without thinking of Mahabharat then it is interesting) I want
to point out events which I feel has not occurred in Mahabharat still
shown to dramatise. Please comment on views.

1. Golden fish event
2. Rakshash event to show the entry of Bhishma
3. Panchaal giving mrityu dand to Vichitraveer
4. Vichiteveer showing drunk and spoilt person
5. Crops burning by Amba
6. Refusal of Parshuram
7. Bhishma calling sun god and threatening him to give vichitraveer's life
8. Suicide threat by Amba to Parshuram
9. Irritating look by Satyavati on Vidur's birth
10. Amba crossing sea / river to convey war invitation from Parshuram.

So on...🤣

Agree! They are showing unnecessary scenes and missing out important events.
Acumen thumbnail

Originally posted by: moni6262

But wasn't all the three kids born on same day..so how did they knew earlier only that dhritrashtra is going to be blind..

Since vedvyasa was called up by Satyavati..he had been in an intense 'tapasaya' for a long time & was scary to look at..when ambika saw him she had closed her eyes & when ambalika looked at him she shivered as she got scared badly (during niyog). Vedvyasa informed about the same to satyavati & said that one child might be blind & the other one might be weak. So Satyavati sends the dasi also for niyog as she didnt want to take any chance as far as raj singhasan was concerned.
aalochak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: moni6262

No - they were born apart. Ambalika was impregnated after Dhritarashtra was born - so at least 10 months later. After sickly Pandu's birth, Satyavati approached Rishi Vyasa for a third (and final opportunity, as per Niyog rules) She waited until Ambika regained her fertility, but Ambika sent her maid instead. This means that Vidura was born approximately 2 years (or more) after Dhritarashtra. Remember that breastfeeding also suppresses fertility, and if D was breastfed for a year and a half - Ambika would have had to wait till she became fertile again. Mahabharat distinctly says that "When Ambika resumed having her monthly cycles, she was approached by Satyavati to consider bearing another child"
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aalochak

No - they were born apart. Ambalika was impregnated after Dhritarashtra was born - so at least 10 months later. After sickly Pandu's birth, Satyavati approached Rishi Vyasa for a third (and final opportunity, as per Niyog rules) She waited until Ambika regained her fertility, but Ambika sent her maid instead. This means that Vidura was born approximately 2 years (or more) after Dhritarashtra. Remember that breastfeeding also suppresses fertility, and if D was breastfed for a year and a half - Ambika would have had to wait till she became fertile again. Mahabharat distinctly says that "When Ambika resumed having her monthly cycles, she was approached by Satyavati to consider bearing another child"

thanks. i did not know all these technical aspects were involved in niyoga
laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I so agree. They are rushing through some parts, while paying unnecessary attention to others. Amba has been given way too much attention, so much footage on how she reached Parshurama's cave, how she waited outside, how she convinced him, blah blah blah.

And then they cut down more important parts of the story like Ved Vyas, how is he Satyavati's son, why was Dhritrashtra born blind, Pandu anaemic, and Vidur perfect? People who haven't read the epic will be left scratching their heads.

The writers need to slow down, and pay attention to parts which are important, right now everything is way too haphazard.
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Now that they have completely skipped the details as to why the daasi was sent in the first place (they didn't even mention D's blindness), here are my two cents regarding the portrayal of the following scenes (apologies for the lengthy post).

You are free to disagree -

1. I don't expect to see baby Karna being born to an unmarried Kunti, due to which she abandons him. Maybe as a flashback when she sees him for the first time as a grown-up...

2. Bhim being poisoned, and coming back much stronger - CVs are in a race with Usain Bolt. I don't expect this scene to be shown.

3. Encounter between Ekalavya and Dronacharya - this MB being made for younger viewers, will they go to the extent of showing Dronacharya asking for Ekalavya's thumb as gurudakshina?

4. Duryodhana publicly declaring Karna as king of Anga - hope they do show it, considering that Karna was constantly called "sootputra".

5. In this version, how will the Pandavas come to know about Lakshyagrah?

6. Bhim killing Bakasur - don't expect to see this one.

7. If they show Bhim killing Hidimb, will they also show all the rakshasas protesting the killing, considering that in Ep1, Hastinapur and the rakshasa gang had a ceasefire of sorts? One random rakshasa could say, "But they came to OUR territory!" Or was the rakshasa scene in Ep1 shown to explain why Ghatotkach did not live with his father?

8. Reason for Arjuna going on his exile - Don't see that being shown here. Maybe passing mention of Ulupi and Chitrangada after he returns, IDK

9. I expect the Rajsuya yagya to be cut short

10. Yaksha-prashna - considering this MB is being made for younger viewers, will Yuddi answer only 3-4 questions, and that's it? I'll be surprised if Yuddi is actually asked which brother he wants to see alive.

11. I expect entire agyaatwaas to be covered in one or (at the most) two episodes - including Keechaka vadh.

12. How will Karna come to know about his true parentage in this MB version?

13. Regarding the Gita, exactly what and how much of it will be covered? As such, Krishna is giving his episodic gyaans. Also, how will the younger generation (which WANTS all its desires to be fulfilled at any cost, and is ruthlessly ambitious), EVER understand a concept like "Nishkama karma" (Action without desire)? Sometimes, even grown-ups struggle to understand the meaning of "karmanye vaadhikaaraste ma phaleshu kadaachana".

14. Khandavprastha grandly turning into Indraprastha - Perfect opportunity for them to go OTT with the VFX and grand sets. I mean, if they could show a Dwapar yuga version of a perfume making machine just before AAA's swayamwar...:P

15. I hope that the gambling match (Dyut-krida) and Draupadi's subsequent humiliation and its ramifications are given the same amount of attention as the on-going Amba story. On this forum someone mentioned that Draupadi should remind Bhishma about how he treated Amba, during her confrontation with the Kuru elders. As much as it sounds like a great idea, but, how would Draupadi ever have known what really happened between Bhishma and Amba, to remind Bhishma about it in the first place? I mean, BEFORE the war began, how many people really knew that Shikhandi was actually Amba 2.0 (the same Amba who had sworn to be the cause of Bheeshma's death)? Did Shikhandi himself (being Draupadi's brother) ever tell Draupadi about his previous life as Amba?

16. Kurukshetra war complete with VFX - DUH!

17. Draupadi's swayamwara on a grand scale

Edited by shani88 - 11 years ago