Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642126 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
These people did not show anything! No Shantanu-Ganga love story. No story of Ganga taking promises from Shantanu, dropping their babies in the river etc.

No background on how Vyas became Satyavati's son, how he gave sons for that vansh, why Dhritrashtra was blind etc.

Krishna is a character. Yet he's also a narrator of the story and tries to give gyan relating it to modern times.

I am watching the show with increasingly depreciating expectations now. Cast is not that great. Some actors are hamming too much and clearly don't look cut out to perform in a mytho.

All we have is gloss and kickass special effects!

I think they'll focus only on Draupadi's cheerharan and the war that occured later in terms of detail. In war also there'll be focus on war and action with all gloss. I don't expect much detail or focus on Krishna-Arjun talks, revelation of Gita etc.

I don't think they'll show how past influences present also. There may not be flashbacks of actions, boons and curses of the past that influenced situations later.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Although i am relatively happy that they arent dragging-mythos being dragged leads to pathetic story lines being introduced
Not to forget there is extra melodrama,crying,wailing, and even unnecessary comedy scenes inserted in btw.

Yet i agree with you'll-Some details are being balantly left out
Not to forget sometimes when there is a change in time or a leap-these guys dont even bother to explain :/
Like in yerterdays episode when there is a cut from Amba to Satyavati waiting
At one point of time i thought she was waiting for Ved Vyaas
Then i realized the Niyog happened now shes waiting for his kids!
They dont explain any leap of time its very confusing

They dont need to SHOW the detail,they could have had a character narrate it?
Like maybe Krishna or the character themselves could explain thier back story
Bhesshmas story being left out was disappointing

Hope they are reAding the comments and concentrate a bit more of detailing
Some mythos add unnecessary details-these guys aren't adding ANY

I am hoping atleast when the principle characters like the Kauravs n Pandavs enter these guys get thier pace n detailing right
ab98623 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

They do fight

What I mean Is they can show that but can't show vyas the writer

So silly

u may call it silly...but a character like Vyas needs so much of power...he had power to d extent that ambika and ambalika couldn't stand it...
im vry happy they dint show him...it would have been a let down,no matter who the actor would hav been...
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agree.. today's episode was rushed. They didn't have to show VedVyas. But, why was the dasi needed in this Niyog ? That was never shown.. I have forgotten that part of the story.. 😕

akku8910 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The show seems 2 be rushing at a greater pace leaving out facts here and there.Yesterday they confined the Ved Vyaas story verbally by just mentioning it and then they jumped 2 the birth of Pandu and Dhrithrashtra.They r in a hurry 2 get 2 the main part of the story but it also suffers the quality of the show without showing facts properly.
akku8910 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dixie123

Agree.. today's episode was rushed. They didn't have to show VedVyas. But, why was the dasi needed in this Niyog ? That was never shown.. I have forgotten that part of the story.. 😕

Its said that when Ved Vyaas approached Ambika she closed her eyes so was born dhrithrashtra as blind and when he approached Ambalika she went pale seeing him and thus was born Pandu and when the dasi saw him she greeted him pleasantly and so was born Vidhur who later became the minister of Hastinapur.
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I will have to differ a bit here, Janaki. 😳 It could be easily called rushed, I wouldn't say they aren't making weird modifications and cutting out on a lot. I am enamored by the presentation of it all. Also, a prior knowledge of the story helps. You can join the dots. On a personal level, my experience hasn't been ruined so far. I quite like it. I hope you find it good enough in time.

dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: akku8910

Its said that when Ved Vyaas approached Ambika she closed her eyes so was born dhrithrashtra as blind and when he approached Ambalika she went pale seeing him and thus was born Pandu and when the dasi saw him she greeted him pleasantly and so was born Vidhur who later became the minister of Hastinapur.

I understand this part..

Why did the dasi see Vyas ? Was she part of the Niyog process or was it something happened unplanned ?

And, were both Dhirthrastra and Pandu born on the same day ?
mnx12 thumbnail
Upto certain extent I like this version. The makers know they are showing this MB to those who have already seen it as kids, who are grown ups now. So they are attempting to make it different for all to watch it.
MB was made by Ekta, which was dropped out, the channel 9X closed down. It was started in DWarakadheesh, was shown till Bakasur's killing by Bheem. Then they changed the track, Imagine channel closed down.
No way SP will close down 😆 & this MB will be compeleted too. So I am watching this MB with an open mind.
Why do we always want to see with preconcieved notions? Like Krishna said- one always want the life as per his/ her plans. But everything doesn't always happen according to those plans. Hence the disappointment. Plans should change with changing times. So for this modern version of MB, pov should be different too.

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: akku8910

The dasi part happened due to this - since Dhritarashtra was born blind, Satyavati asked Ambika to have another son from Vyasa. But Ambika was too scared and didn't want to appear b4 him a 2nd time, so she sent a dasi, disguised as herself, to Vyasa. This dasi had no issues w/ Vyasa, and as a result, gave birth to Vidura