Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
yes they did.the battle went on for 23 days.

on 24th day prashuram fires a brahmastra against bhisma ans in reta;iation bhisma is ready to fire the parswapa weapon (the onle counter for brahmastra).
bhishma hears the voices of gods in sky stopping hom while sage narada comes and warns bhisma not to humiliate a brahmin this way . on the other hand parasurama sees his father jamadajni and brothers telling him not to be rashful on bhishma.

they both accept stalemate and leave.

Edited by bhas1066 - 11 years ago
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Mahadev never intervened in the fight. That's just a fictional segment the serial is going to show in order to utilize Mohit Raina's popularity. 😆
Mahadev only comes twice or thrice in the Mahabharat. First time is when he offers the boon of revenge to Amba, and second time is when he gives Arjuna the Pasupatastra.

he came into picture during Draupadi's marriage with Pandavas too...the five husband boon story...
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: angelina285

So parashuram blames him too...means he things he was a t fault???

yup dear...Parshuram blames him too...because he is actually at fault...and the reason Lord shiva gives the boon to Amba to be cause of Bheesma's death...which actually happens...
Sen-ThoorA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
agreed ,i dont mind about the show going without dragging
but still so many things are weird
just spending too much money wont give any best show
mnx12 thumbnail
I thought this show will start with Ganeshji writing & Vyas narrating Mahabharat.
By now we have got the idea, how things are going to be. So am not having any expactaions. Will just watch & try to connect the missing factors.
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
We know the story, so we can connect the missing factors but those who do not know will really be confused. They will wonder how Ved Vyas became Satyavati's son.

Even those of us who know the story would definitely like important details to be shown.

If they are running short of time, there was no need of showing that Parashuram initially refused to listen to Amba. They could have shown that Parashuram immediately agreed to help Amba. Similarly, there was no need wasting time in showing that Vichitravirya was captured in Panchal.
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Maybe they will go into detail with the kauravas and pandavas but I'm guessing the mahabharat war is going to get the most detailing, something has to otherwise if it continues to go at this pace missing important parts its been a waste of time and money.
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Mahadev never intervened in the fight. That's just a fictional segment the serial is going to show in order to utilize Mohit Raina's popularity. 😆
Mahadev only comes twice or thrice in the Mahabharat. First time is when he offers the boon of revenge to Amba, and second time is when he gives Arjuna the Pasupatastra.

I pointed out elsewhere - they could have utilized Mohit Riana's popularity by showing him appear before Amba, as you mentioned he did in the above story. Ganga was like Menaka - once she returned Devrath to Shantanu, she never looked back @ him again. Other than cursing Ganga for being obsessed w/ justice (what was that about women being the worst enemies of other women?), she never took any interest in Bheeshma's life.

In addition to these 2 events, Mahadev also appears b4 Jayadrath, but I doubt that they'll show that. But he does appear b4 Gandhari & blesses her w/ 100 sons - Bheeshma got to know about it and therefore asked for her hand for Dhritarashtra. 😡
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I pointed out elsewhere - they could have utilized Mohit Riana's popularity by showing him appear before Amba, as you mentioned he did in the above story. Ganga was like Menaka - once she returned Devrath to Shantanu, she never looked back @ him again. Other than cursing Ganga for being obsessed w/ justice (what was that about women being the worst enemies of other women?), she never took any interest in Bheeshma's life.

In addition to these 2 events, Mahadev also appears b4 Jayadrath, but I doubt that they'll show that. But he does appear b4 Gandhari & blesses her w/ 100 sons - Bheeshma got to know about it and therefore asked for her hand for Dhritarashtra. 😡

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Why not use Mohit to appear before Amba instead of intervening in Parashuram and Bhishma's battle? 😕 I guess maybe they're going to show some kind of action with Mahadev using his powers to stop them. They might have thought it would be a "waste of time" to bring Mohit into the show just to appear before Amba. With some kind of action sequence, they could utilize Mohit's popularity and make his fans interested in the show too. IDK, that's what I was thinking, otherwise CVs don't bring a popular actor of another show into their own for no reason. It's definitely publicity stunt.
Oh yeah, I forgot that Mahadev gave a boon to Jayadratha as well. I didn't know about Gandhari though.
As for Ganga, I wouldn't say she deserted Bhishma like Menaka had done with Shakuntala, but she definitely didn't interfere in his life. She only appeared when Bhishma wanted her to, and after returning him to Shantanu, I think the next time she appeared was during the end of the battle, right before Bhishma breathed his last. She may have appeared a few times in-between, but I'm not certain about that.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well Mahadev will do both stop the war and also give Amba the boon
Gods do stop the war between Bheeshm and pashuram and then Mahadev gives boon to Amba.So for both these things they are showing one God