This show is way too rushed!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm not liking the fast pace of the story. So many important details have been left out. Since we all know the epic, we can still follow along, but those who have never read or learned about the Mahabharat must be feeling totally clueless!
Often we complain that shows are being dragged, but now I'm feeling that a dragged track is better than this rushed one where so many important details are left out.
I'm feeling very dissatisfied with Mahabharat right now! If this was what they meant by culminating the show in six months, I'm no longer in support of it. They spent so much money on this show. They should at least show it properly!
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angelina285 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
yeah even I felt that way
may be they want to rush to the main part
I wsh they choose cast also well...I'm happy wth only krishna and parshuram yet.
others I dnt have much problem though but still...its mahabhrat characters shld huge and impressive...anyways I'm going to wait and watch it
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Agree janaki
Rushing it is fine but totally brushing aside the entire vyas story is weird

And why give so much importance to Amba?
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I agree...I am quite frustrated with this fast forwarding the story...
angelina285 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Agree janaki

Rushing it is fine but totally brushing aside the entire vyas story is weird

And why give so much importance to Amba?

was it only me or parashuram and bhishma fight was really there. means I dnt remember my mother telling that story 😕
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: angelina285

was it only me or parashuram and bhishma fight was really there. means I dnt remember my mother telling that story 😕

They do fight

What I mean Is they can show that but can't show vyas the writer

So silly
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

fight was there...i have heard about it from my mother...fight ended in draw...but not sure about Mahadev part...
angelina285 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swati2008

fight was there...i have heard about it from my mother...fight ended in draw...but not sure about Mahadev part...

So parashuram blames him too...means he things he was a t fault???
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Yes, Bhishma and Parashuram do fight, that too for 24 days! They both are so strong that neither can defeat each other. Eventually, Parashuram accepts defeat and tells Amba that she must seek justice elsewhere. Amba then meditates on Lord Shiva and receives a boon from him that in her next life, she will be responsible for Bhishma's death.
Amba is then reborn as King Drupada's daughter Shikhandi. As per Lord Shiva's instructions, Shikhandi was raised as a boy and her gender hidden. Later on, she was married to the daughter of King Hiranyavarna. When Hiranyavarna found out that his so-called "SIL" was a female and his daughter had been cheated, he got ready to wage war against Panchala.
A frightened Shikhandi ran away to the forests and met a kind Yaksha, who pitied her situation and exchanged his gender with her. So Shikhandi became a boy and returned to Panchala to prove to King Hiranyavarna that his SIL really was a male. Pacified, King Hiranyavarna returned to his kingdom without waging any war.
Meanwhile, the God Kubera was enraged with the Yaksha for going against nature and exchanging his gender with Shikhandi, so he cursed him that he would remain female until Shikhandi's death. So Shikhandi remained a male for the rest of her life.
Shikhandi finally got her revenge during the battle at Kurukshetra. She became the charioteer of Arjuna during his battle with Bhishma, and when Bhishma saw Shikhandi in front of him, he lowered his weapons since he had vowed never to fight with a woman. Although Shikhandi was a man at that time, she had been born a woman so Bhishma refused to fight with here. Arjuna then pierced him with his arrows and Bhishma was defeated (though he did not die until the end of war, as per his wish). Thereby, Amba aka Shikhandi's revenge was complete, and Shikhandi herself was killed in war not long after Bhishma.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: swati2008

Mahadev never intervened in the fight. That's just a fictional segment the serial is going to show in order to utilize Mohit Raina's popularity. 😆
Mahadev only comes twice or thrice in the Mahabharat. First time is when he offers the boon of revenge to Amba, and second time is when he gives Arjuna the Pasupatastra.