.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Chiranjeevi Parshuram (means ram with axe) is the 6th incarnation of Vishnu. He slayed 21 times the cruel kshiatryas. He received an axe after undertaking terrible penance to please Shiva.Shiv taught him martial arts.Parshuram and Agastya are founders of kalaripayattu so it is the oldest martial art in the world.

Bodhidharma founder of Zen Buddism als practised kalaripayattu he traveld to china and brought this martial art with him. Which in turn was adapted to become the basis of Shaolin Kung Fu.(this is new to me).

It is said Parshuram still diong penance in Mahendragiri and waits for the arrival of Kalki to become his spiritual guru.

All i can say is my humble respects to this divine bhagwan Parshuram.

Edited by .Reshama. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonanai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So kung fu is from India...thats gr8...😊
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
After donating all the Earth he had conquered, he found that he had no place to live.
So he stood on the edge of the sea threw his battle axe into the western ocean ( Arabian Sea). The sea obliged by creating a new long stretch of land.

This was known as "Parashurama kshetra" and forms todays's Konkan coast from Goa to Kerala.

.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Reshama.

Chiranjeevi Parshuram (means ram with axe) is the 6th incarnation of Vishnu. He slayed 21 times the cruel kshiatryas. He received an axe after undertaking terrible penance to please Shiva.Shiv taught him martial arts.Parshuram and Agastya are founders of kalaripayattu so it is the oldest martial art in the world.

Bodhidharma founder of Zen Buddism als practised kalaripayattu he traveld to china and brought this martial art with him. Which in turn was adapted to become the basis of Shaolin Kung Fu.(this is new to me).

It is said Parshuram still diong penance in Mahendragiri and waits for the arrival of Kalki to become his spiritual guru.

All i can say is my humble respects to this divine bhagwan Parshuram.

Puneet Issar Sir who portrays Parshuram looked so divine like the real one.The way he walked out of his temple (i think) and his dailouge deliverance was so superiour and strong. I cant wait to see his onscreen fight.
Gold.Abrol thumbnail
True to ur words resham people dint know that kalripayattu is above 3000 old martial arts form of India n those who r not aware Parashuram was born on Akshay tritiya it is the one of the most siddh mahurats in Indian calendar it falls in may starting in the beaning of summers . He was son of devi renuka n maharishi jamadagni
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Parashurama is also said to have sculpted the Ayyapa idol at Sabari Malai.