Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: charizard

arey yaar ur answer is much different from my doubts. serving for 1 year so that they get used to him is also a way spending time together right

my doubts are why ved vyas was interested in doing the act with them instead of making them pregnant by mantras like kunti and madri (which is not possible in modern science) or giving his seed to be put inside the queens so that the queens didnt even have to see him , forget about actually doing the act with him

no no serving them did not entail spending any night with for one year. it was a rigid vow they had to observe (some rules he laid to beget worthy children) which would have enabled them to get used to him also.

satyavati was worried that in one year without any heir to throne hastinapur might be attacked or so(though it makes no sense with bhishma present)

as for kunti and madri wherever is it mentioned that they did not have sex???hmmm?maybe the mantra worked as a boon to call god and ask children from him but can we be sure that it was accomplished without the act?? i think the authors shied away from writing it explicitly as they were about gods.
Edited by bhas1066 - 11 years ago
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonanai

We are discussing this thing cause we are not able to think how these things happened with all the rules in place...Because Without passion and lust a man cannot do such an act...But when these dharm was written and said to be done by yogis...It can be possible for the true yogi to do the same without any lust and passion...And after all ved vyas or the rishis who performed these acts had divine powers and ved vyas was incarnation of God not a mere human being...He can do these acts without passion...

You have rightly said it all๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. Still its hard to imagine how this damn thing is possible without being lustful. After all there lies the basic difference between animals and human beings. We have brains and emotions as well. How do you just detach yourself?
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thank Yu for the info :)
actually i didnt know Vad Vyaas was Satyavatis son-so it kinda makes more sense now

our culture actually has some concepts that are relevant now-even though slightly altered
like how Annu Kappor explains to Ayushman in Vicky Donar๐Ÿ˜†
yeh Mahabharat ke time se chalta aa raha hai
these guys were Sperm Donors to be prescise

413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

as for kunti and madri wherever is it mentioned that they did not have sex???hmmm?maybe the mantra worked as a boon to call god and ask children from him but can we be sure that it was accomplished without the act?? i think the authors shied away from writing it explicitly as they were about gods.

Nor is it mentioned that they had niyog with the Gods. ๐Ÿ˜› Think of Indra from whom Kunti got Arjuna. Indra was married to sachi. You think she would allow him to go for Niyog! With Indra's reputation no way he could remain lust free ๐Ÿ˜† It might have been the Vicky donor way.---- mantra could have been password to access the sperm vials from the bank----- but ----- if that technology was available Veda Vyasa would have known about it and used it himself instead of the Niyog. Well, nothing seems to be making sense It was Veda Vyasa himself who helped Gandhari to get a hundred sons and later also obliged her with a daughter from that same lump she had given birth to! ๐Ÿ˜•
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rimi10

You have rightly said it all๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. Still its hard to imagine how this damn thing is possible without being lustful. After all there lies the basic difference between animals and human beings. We have brains and emotions as well. How do you just detach yourself?

that can happen if you are highly efficient in yoga...ved vyas was a reverred sanyasi/sadhu so he may have managed to do it...all he had to do was get arroused without thinking of Ambalika n ambika thats all..
lovesunshine thumbnail

Originally posted by: peridot.

Nor is it mentioned that they had niyog with the Gods. ๐Ÿ˜› Think of Indra from whom Kunti got Arjuna. Indra was married to sachi. You think she would allow him to go for Niyog! With Indra's reputation no way he could remain lust free ๐Ÿ˜† It might have been the Vicky donor way.---- mantra could have been password to access the sperm vials from the bank----- but ----- if that technology was available Veda Vyasa would have known about it and used it himself instead of the Niyog. Well, nothing seems to be making sense It was Veda Vyasa himself who helped Gandhari to get a hundred sons and later also obliged her with a daughter from that same lump she had given birth to! ๐Ÿ˜•

i think kunti was given a boon abt having a child just by praying n calling a particular god.. but ambika and ambalika were not given any such boons, so they had to resort to more humane options to beget a child..which is niyoga..
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All right dear, may be thats possible because I have heard yogic powers can take you to places. Ramkrishna dev and even Lokenath Baba used to leave their mortal bodies and travel all around. So if something like that is possible ...then may be ...yes may be...(plz ignore my tweeny weeny doubts)
So yeah... I would definitely like to believe this theory๐Ÿ˜Š.
lovesunshine thumbnail

its very clear that kunti madri didnt do the act actually. they became pregnant just by the mantra. maybe the seed of the gods got virtually implanted inside๐Ÿ˜‰.
kunti madri didnt do the act because see this way , if even after using the mantra they have to do the act then the mantra is good for nothing. mantra was of no use at all. both of them could had gone to some rishis and did the act and got kids.
i hope u understand what i am saying

yes i agree because in the same way when devki (krishna's biological mom) was in jail, and was pregnant with a seventh child (balaram), gods by their mumbo jumbo , trasnferred the foetus from devki's womb into the womb of rohini who was miles away in nandgaon...so maybe in kunti n madri's case gods did this..

but ambika n ablika were not that lucky i believe..
lovesunshine thumbnail

see buddy the point is this. kunti due to her tapashcharya got the secret mantra as a boon. however madri never got the boon as she had not done any tapshcharya.
kunti just passed her mantra by word of mouth to madri and it worked for madri as well.

so my doubt is , if ved vyas also had told the mantra directly to A-A , then both of them could had used it without having to do the act. why didnt he do that ?

i am just speculating here maybe you have to be capable in a karmic way to actually egt to learn the secret mantra..n once you have knowledge of it you can pass it off to the person of your choice. here maybe because of her good deeds to durvasa kunti was capable of handling the mantra so she got it.. but ambika n ambalika were maybe not that much powerful to behold or gain knowledge of such a mantra...so they did not

also i feel it is kunti who may have revoked the gods and when they appeared before her she may have requested them to give children to madri this time instead of her..like if you have two discount vouchers you pass one to your best friend or sister๐Ÿ˜‰

so when the ashwini kumars would had appeared in front of kunti, she would had said "hold it bros ...maybe you could make my friend Madri lucky this time"?
๐Ÿ˜‰

every one is different...kunti was divine but maybe ambika n ambalika were more humane like you n me ..so was satyavati n therefore they adopted the other way of getting a child niyoga..

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I am going to stick to my childish fantasies.๐Ÿ˜ƒ