Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: varaali

Now, obviously Ambika and Ambalika could see Veda Vyasa, hence the former closed her eyes and the latter went pale.

Well, if passion has to be reduced, then the chances of success are very slim indeed. Why even bother going through it?

because it was considered that a passionate relationship is something between husband and wife. it is not permitted for a outsider. his duty is to make her pregnant nothing more. with passion comes emotions and complications.

sonanai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Now, obviously Ambika and Ambalika could see Veda Vyasa, hence the former closed her eyes and the latter went pale.

Well, if passion has to be reduced, then the chances of success are very slim indeed. Why even bother going through it?

Niyog was there in existence thus we got our Pandavas...😆
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthi2010

because it was considered that a passionate relationship is something between husband and wife. it is not permitted for a outsider. his duty is to make her pregnant nothing more. with passion comes emotions and complications.

Indeed, I agree with you.

But someone (peridot, I think) asked, on the first page, whether it was possible for a man to resist passion, despite knowing the moral restrictions.

I gave a cheeky answer.
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
why coudnt satyavati and bheesma done a yagya like drupad did???
or why coulnt they have churned his dead body like king vena??
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I always thought that vyasdev had powers ..he only had to look at the widows ambika ambalika and the daasi to make them pregnant??
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

King Vena, despite all his bad qualities came in the great lineage of Dhruva,and and Prithu, Vishnu incarnate had to be created.

Yagna could not be done because there were no couples . Bhishma was single, A-A were widows as was Satyavati.
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Reshama.

I always thought that vyasdev had powers ..he only had to look at the widows ambika ambalika and the daasi to make them pregnant??

That's because BRC shied away from showing what actually would have happened.

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

I think I have n answer to your question as satyavati was widow n bheeshma was not married n yagyas like this r only to be done in presence of both husband n wife even drupad did such yagya in presence of his wife as in sanatan dharam no such yagya can be performed without wife
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

In a different form. It is called Artificial Insemination.

Though some people like Ass-aram Bapu try to keep the tradition alive, you may find you may find yourself on the wrong end of the law.

yes there is an entire movie made about this is kaliyug - Vicky Donor 😉

Abt asaraam bapu the less said is better ..🤬
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very informative thread I must say as I had no idea of this ritual. Nevertheless I have my own doubts whether such kind of practice can be termed as something related to Dharma.
Only a true Yogi can perhaps enlighten me in this case and unfortunately none of them exist anymore in this Kaliyug.
Edited by rimi10 - 11 years ago