Actor playing Kunti miffed with Mahabharat makers?

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

TOI : Is Shafaq Naaz miffed with Mahabharat makers?

With the captivating promos bestowing each prominent characters of this mythological series, has created an amount of excitement amongst the viewers.

While, the major characters like Arjun ( Shaheer Sheikh) , Shakuni ( Praneet Bhatt), Gandhari, Draupadi ( Pooja Sharma) are promoted immensely in the promotional activity of the show, seems like Kunti's character, which is of equal importance has been left behind.

If noticed there is no single promo on air of Kunti played by Shafaq Naaz on the channel nor there is any hoarding of her neither she was part of the Mahabharat's first look that was revealed.

On being asked about the same, Shafaq said, "I was just a little annoyed with the fact that such an important character is not promoted in the initial promotion of the show. Nevertheless, I am keeping my fingers crossed as I am very positive about the show. Just that I felt, promoting a character might give a kick to work more hard with utmost dedication. So now I am waiting for the show to go on air and of course my entry."

"I would rather say it might be some channel's strategy of promotion," signs off Shafaq.

We tried contacting Siddharth Tewary-Producer of Swastik Productions but he remained unavailable for the comments. We also dropped him a text message regarding the same.

Follow the link to view the first look of Kunti - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/22582446.cms

Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks fr the article..😊
i feel they should hav promoted kunti too she s really a very imp charecter..
helen_of_troy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs dear
i dont know why but i think she will definitely going to do justice to this role :)
nonu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think she neednt feel bad bcoz many imp characters have not been promoted
kalapana_kmk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thank God she was not there in the promos. Her lackluster acting, no voice modulation & stone faced expression makes me cringe. They should have taken some good actress to give power full performance.

S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalapana_kmk

Thank God she was not there in the promos. Her lackluster acting, no voice modulation & stone faced expression makes me cringe. They should have taken some good actress to give power full performance.

I agree..that casting for kunti is not that fit...I would want her to be more strong in performance...and performance should not depend on promotions...many characters are not promoted...
nonu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
madhuri the other wife of pandu has done a better acting than kunti and she is so mean
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: kalapana_kmk

Thank God she was not there in the promos. Herlacklusteracting, no voice modulation & stone faced expressionmakes me cringe.Theyshould have taken some good actress to give power full performance.

Agreed. Kunti's casting would have been better.