Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Well the point is that Mahabharata is soo vast that its not possible to show all stories, characters and details.Even the old Mahabharat omitted a lot of stories and details and so will this Mahabharat becuase its not possible to tell all.The new Mahabharat omitted ganga's story but instead is telling is about Pashuram vs bheeshm's war and how amba got the boon which wasnt shown clearly in earlier Mahabharat.So i am happy that the stories old Mahabhart ommitted is being told by the new one.Both this and new Mahabhart are great in my opinion both omitted stories they thought werent important and told those they thought were important. And the fact that dhridhrashtra is blind hanst been revealed right now when it will be revealed they may tell us the reason who knows just wait and watch
Isolophiliac00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ya..it is too rushed but maybe they are going to show the main part with details..
whatever it is i'm just loving it with all the amazing set and casts..

VirManForLife thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fleur18

Hi,

I am also disapointed with the begining as there is no introduction and the casting is not up to the mark because almost all the actors are known faces on t.v. and so when you watch them their previous characters also come to ones mind they could have given the larger than life character of Bhisma to somebody who is not a regular actor for ex.Mohit Raina {lord Shiva}
They could have bought actors with a theatre background or maybe somebody from bollywood who is not acting now .Lord Krishna seems O.k. as he plays the same role well in Shiva but the others who play Arjun one of the most important characters is being played by someone who is an average actor and looks just pleasing.
It should have been given to somebody who can give life to that Character .Draupadi should have been given to much more beautiful girl.Bhisma looks much more older than his father Shantau he does not look like an youngster though as the days go by he will go in stature.
The casting of serial like Mahabharat should have been done with a lot of thought as it is not 'just another serial'
The saving grace the effects and sets are grand but lacks in other departments the old Mahabharat was much better and the coming days will tell how well it will fare.

Agree, even I was very excited with the promos and they were good enough to make me wait anxiously for Mahabharat. But the real deal is quite disappointing. Even I thought that they shouldn't have used known actors like ratan rajput (even though she is fabulous) and shaheer sheikh because you always think about their previous roles, and can't take them seriously. Mahabharat is a historical and religious show, you need actors which create awe and wonder in you, instead of making you think that they are human. And Draupadi could have been WAY prettier. But then again, my POV.
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Well the point is that Mahabharata is soo vast that its not possible to show all stories, characters and details.Even the old Mahabharat omitted a lot of stories and details and so will this Mahabharat becuase its not possible to tell all.The new Mahabharat omitted ganga's story but instead is telling is about Pashuram vs bheeshm's war and how amba got the boon which wasnt shown clearly in earlier Mahabharat.So i am happy that the stories old Mahabhart ommitted is being told by the new one.Both this and new Mahabhart are great in my opinion both omitted stories they thought werent important and told those they thought were important. And the fact that dhridhrashtra is blind hanst been revealed right now when it will be revealed they may tell us the reason who knows just wait and watch

They did show the Bheeshma and Parshuram war. They showed it later on in the series when Shikandi made his entry.
Manojie thumbnail
I don't think Draupadi is unattractive like many people are saying. She IS pretty!
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mkerai

They did show the Bheeshma and Parshuram war. They showed it later on in the series when Shikandi made his entry.

Quite sure they showed amba's story in brc and also in Sanjay khans mahabharat, which also was a good version.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes they did show Amba;s story for some time in one episode it wanst for several episode like in new Mahabharat.And i dont remember Beeshm and pashuram war being shown in old Mahabharat yes when shikhandi was shown they just explained who he was didnt show anything.But in new Mahabharat they are showing Amba's story in great detail.Like i said they will omit some stories and show some in great details just like old Mahabharat did
Manojie thumbnail
I'm enjoying it a bit more now.

Now that I have decided to get used to the idea this Mahabharat won't be grand or better than B.R.Chopra's I am enjoying it;
Soni2496 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, was a silent reader until now.
I grew up reading amar Chita Katha books on Mahabharata and have been very eager to watch the new show and have been very dissapointed so far!
Right now it looks like its a story about Bhishma and how everyone is going crazy trying to kill him!
It's just been revenge and vengeance so far! parashuram calling Bhishma for yudh and then saying I don't doubt you but I am doing it for Amba!!! Amba was a small part of the story instead we see Amba spitting fire at Bhishma since last week!
The spl effects are terrific and the actor playing Bhishma is very good but the essence of Mahabharata is completely missing,I sincerely hope the coming episodes get better.sorry for my ranting but I really wanted this Mahabharata to be great:(

memarathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Pls stop comparing this one to previous MB. actors were working so hard.
till now their performance is up to mark.