Severely disappointed

Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I spent weeks being excited about the new Mahabharat.

Ever since I saw the peacock feather promo of "coming soon" I was really excited. (I even got frustrated at how long Coming Soon was there for).

Promo after promo I got really excited, I couldn't wait. I even spent ages watching the promos again and again. (Sad right?). Then when it finally came I went and watched it eagerly. I was kind of disappointed with episode one but thought it might get better.

The show has great VFX, AMAZING set, costumes and casting is brilliant. What it lacks is the ability to tell a story. What's the point of remaking Mahabharat if you're not going to beat the original TV series in every way? I thought this was a daily so will have more stories, I thought they would have more detail than BR Chopra's version. Even if they had the same amount of detail I would have been happy, but alas they have NO detail in this. They even cut out everything.

Also final complaint, when I get into the show, it's over. It's too short. 30 mins is not long enough :P

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fleur18 thumbnail
Hi,
I am also disapointed with the begining as there is no introduction and the casting is not up to the mark because almost all the actors are known faces on t.v. and so when you watch them their previous characters also come to ones mind they could have given the larger than life character of Bhisma to somebody who is not a regular actor for ex.Mohit Raina {lord Shiva}
They could have bought actors with a theatre background or maybe somebody from bollywood who is not acting now .Lord Krishna seems O.k. as he plays the same role well in Shiva but the others who play Arjun one of the most important characters is being played by someone who is an average actor and looks just pleasing.
It should have been given to somebody who can give life to that Character .Draupadi should have been given to much more beautiful girl.Bhisma looks much more older than his father Shantau he does not look like an youngster though as the days go by he will go in stature.
The casting of serial like Mahabharat should have been done with a lot of thought as it is not 'just another serial'
The saving grace the effects and sets are grand but lacks in other departments the old Mahabharat was much better and the coming days will tell how well it will fare.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
Manojie thumbnail
I've never seen Saheer act before therefore cannot comment.

I think Draupadi looks good so far, once again not seen her act.

I like the actors who have played characters so far. Not sure about the actor who played Shalva, but he's minor so never mind.

catalan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
the first impression WOW factor is definitely lacking.
avyarima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
so it is true that no matter how some tried...nobody is satisfied.

as for me all actor are perfect so far, and they are good actors too. all have the waw factors, the costumes look great, the locations look more realistic than in other epic show.

Yes, they should have gone into more details like show Ganga mata married the king and have the babies...etc.

but how can you say they should have gotten a more beautiful actresses. these actress look wonderful...moreover, how are you sure what the real characters look like back in those days...remember their defination of beauty in those days was different from ours these days.
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wonder why is SP rushing with the story missing out details of the story from the beginning episode.

Slow detailed script would be appreciated than the extension of the screen space of Amba and the upcoming Bheeshma-Parashurama fight. Also, they missed out the details of the birth of Dhrithrashtra, Pandu and Vidur. Satyavathi was better characterized in BRC version that I remember the sequences even after so many years. Hope the CVs and channel rectify their story telling.

Krishna's interpretation is good but still not much effective like the older version.
Edited by b2011 - 11 years ago
merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
when ekta produced Mahabarat, she to had lavish sets and great costumes, and if you had watched those episodes there was a lot of detail in that too, more then BR Chopra's Mahabarat. they had depicted the story from the very beining from the birth of Devrat/ Bshime to the conception of Dithrasta and Pandu, their comflict and Pandu self exile, the birth of the Kauravas and the five pandavs to their entire teens, how Suryoudhan became Duryodan and the poising of his mind by Shakuni. to the conflict between the cousins, they had just introduced the Adult kauravas and Pandavs and even send them on the first time vhanvas and it ran on air for about 4 to 6 months and then production stropped and the serial was taken off air.
the work and the money that is put into a making of a serial of such a caliber is enormous, from the fast pased manner that the story is being told, i believe the makers are not interested in making a daily soap that will run for 3 or 4 years. but they only want to tell the story of an ancient book with a modern perspective, so that it appeals to younger generation. today's youth do not want details, they want to get to the point soon.

i find this Mahabharat is perfectly conceptualised to appeal to the old as well as the young. the Mahabharat has way to many details and characters with very difficult to pronounce names for anybody to remember. so why touch on each and every detail and character. i think you should watch it with an open mind and see it differently and from a new prospective i;m sure you will begin to enjoy it,
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: merrydock

when ekta produced Mahabarat, she to had lavish sets and great costumes, and if you had watched those episodes there was a lot of detail in that too, more then BR Chopra's Mahabarat. they had depicted the story from the very beining from the birth of Devrat/ Bshime to the conception of Dithrasta and Pandu, their comflict and Pandu self exile, the birth of the Kauravas and the five pandavs to their entire teens, how Suryoudhan became Duryodan and the poising of his mind by Shakuni. to the conflict between the cousins, they had just introduced the Adult kauravas and Pandavs and even send them on the first time vhanvas and it ran on air for about 4 to 6 months and then production stropped and the serial was taken off air.

the work and the money that is put into a making of a serial of such a caliber is enormous, from the fast pased manner that the story is being told, i believe the makers are not interested in making a daily soap that will run for 3 or 4 years. but they only want to tell the story of an ancient book with a modern perspective, so that it appeals to younger generation. today's youth do not want details, they want to get to the point soon.

i find this Mahabharat is perfectly conceptualised to appeal to the old as well as the young. the Mahabharat has way to many details and characters with very difficult to pronounce names for anybody to remember. so why touch on each and every detail and character. i think you should watch it with an open mind and see it differently and from a new prospective i;m sure you will begin to enjoy it,

today's generation is missig a lot then...😆
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i love detail.. all the backround stories... so this new mahabharta is not for me.. i have no expectations now... just watch it like any other saas bahu soap opera..
ITS NO WAY A LEGEND SOAP
Manojie thumbnail

Originally posted by: merrydock

I was watching this with the ancitipation this will be better than BR Chopra's Mahabharat. I had no preference to B.R.Chopra's version. I watched this with an open mind. I was not one of those people who said "nothing will beat B.R.Chopra's Mahabharat".

I am hopeful someone else WILL make a Mahabharat one day which IS better than BR Chopra's, however unfortunately this Mahabharat won't be it.

You say people just want to get to the story, the whole dilemma of the vacant throne IS interesting. The way Ganga drowned her children IS interesting. The reasons why Dhiritashtra was born blind IS interesting.

People WANT to know those things, not have them skipped over.