Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pesi11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Vichitravirya wasn't a drunkard ...he was cursed by a brahmin n goes to forest with his two wives whr he faced his death. don't know y this mahabhart showing his character in thi way😕
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi
vichitravirya was not weak nor a useless drunkard.

"Soon after was born of Satyavati an intelligent and heroic son of Santanu named Chitrangada. He was endued with great energy and became an eminent man. The lord Santanu of great prowess also begat upon Satyavati another son named Vichitravirya, who became a mighty bowman and who became king after his father"

the fight between the two chitrangadas lasted for 3 years!!
and vicitravirya was married to ambika and ambalika for 7 years.
both of them looked up to bhisma as a elder brother and advisor.
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
the death of chitrangada was mentioned by panchala king who taunted vichitravirya saying yr father is death, yr bro is dead who will save you now. now a sentence in passing. it would have been better if a voice over was given for important things like these
413226 thumbnail
Satyawati must be paying for her unjust demands by first begetting sons who were not so good or sick or died after seven years of marriage without any heir. The illluck pursued for another generation when ambika and ambalika had to beget sons from Vyasa muni. These children too were born blind and pale . Its only the next gen that the curse lifted somewhat when the pandavas were born to Kunti and madri. Though she wanted to keep Bhishma from taking the throne it was he till his last breathe who had to take on that responsibility whereas her own sons never got to enjoy much what she had desired for them. Karma is a bitch!
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: peridot.

Satyawati must be paying for her unjust demands by first begetting sons who were not so good or sick or died after seven years of marriage without any heir. The illluck pursued for another generation when ambika and ambalika had to beget sons from Vyasa muni. These children too were born blind and pale . Its only the next gen that the curse lifted somewhat when the pandavas were born to Kunti and madri. Though she wanted to keep Bhishma from taking the throne it was he till his last breathe who had to take on that responsibility whereas her own sons never got to enjoy much what she had desired for them. Karma is a bitch!

The ill luck pursued Pandu and Dritarashtra, too. They too had to resort to artificial means to beget offspring.

Janamajeya was probably the first in several generations to enjoy normal childhood.
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

The ill luck pursued Pandu and Dritarashtra, too. They too had to resort to artificial means to beget offspring.

Janamajeya was probably the first in several generations to enjoy normal childhood.

true! Genetic expert -Vyasa or was it test tube babies /ART
-krrish- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Maybe I missed the dialogue when Chitrangada was declared dead. 😕 But glad to know that it was at least mentioned!

So Vichitravirya was not a drunkard. That this little twist is totally unnecessary. Maybe they're doing it to show Satyavati as repentant that she is the reason Bhishma could not become King over his incapable brother.

vichitraviryas story has to be mentioned as he is also a main part...Ambalika and ambika were the mother Pandu and Dhritarashtra respectively...

Also Satyawathi had one more son and he is Rishi Veda Vyasa ..i am sure they wud mention this as the story wont proceed without him.
Edited by krishna_str - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: krishna_str

vichitraviryas story has to be mentioned as he is also a main part...Ambalika and ambika were the mother Pandu and Dhritarashtra respectively...

Also Satyawathi had one more son and he is Rishi Veda Vyasa ..i am sure they wud mention this as the story wont proceed without him.

They cannot not show Veda Vyasa. He was the one who fathered sons from both ambika and ambalika whether by natural means or some other high tech method is a mystery as Mahabharata is full of unnatural births.🤔
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi
maybe they were advanced in biotech.😊
i used thinkhow kunti can be considered as panch kanya even after begetting sons from 3 other males(even if gods) then i thought maybe it would have been artificial insemination.😉
gandhari - IVF/test tube babies/cloning
rohini-devaki- surrogacy

just a thought!!
Edited by bhas1066 - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

hi
maybe they were advanced in biotech.😊
i used thinkhow kunti can be considered as panch kanya even after begetting sons from 3 other males(even if gods) then i thought maybe it would have been artificial insemination.😉
gandhari - IVF/test tube babies/cloning
rohini-devaki- surrogacy

just a thought!!

My thoughts exactly 😆
How do we explain Draupadi's birth? She was born an adult from the yagya fire it seems.😊