Absence of Chitrangada?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Wasn't Chitrangada Vichitraveerya's elder brother? I wonder why they totally skipped mention of him. 😕 When Chitrangada died in a battle against the Gandharvas, Vichitraveerya succeeded him to the throne.
It's written that Vichitraveerya was an incapable idiot who didn't know the first thing about ruling, but was he a drunk like this show is showing? Apparently, he dies of some kind of disease later on. Maybe he was a drunk and died because of excessive intake of opium? 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Janaki bheeshma said chitrangad is dead . It was mentioned in one sentence

They thought not necessary to show him. Guess

Vichita was a sick that is ill

He suffered with TB

Not drunkard
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I always thought vichit died because he was always sick and weak from birth. this whole drunkard issue is the first that I've heard or read about.
-krrish- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Even i was upset that chitrangada's presence was not even mentioned...Chitrangada was the elder son of satyawathi and he died in a clash with his enemy...And vichitraveer was a sick person from birth
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Chitrangada was the capable elder son of Shantanu & Satyavati

He succeeds th e throne too after Shantanu, but dies childless soon...

That leaves the wastrel Vichitraveer...Bheesma rules in his place as Regent till he comes of age...

It is at this time that the Swayamavar is arranged...since he is still an adolescent Bheesma goes in his place to represent Hastinapur...

He too dies later due to TB..

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mittijalebi

I always thought vichit died because he was always sick and weak from birth. this whole drunkard issue is the first that I've heard or read about.

Yeah the drunkard thing is fabricated

He was ill and hence week
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
They did mention that Chintrangada is dead, no? 🤓 And yes, Vichitravirya died of a disease. It's not mentioned anywhere that he was a drunkard. It's a very unnecessary twist, what they've given to his character.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Maybe I missed the dialogue when Chitrangada was declared dead. 😕 But glad to know that it was at least mentioned!
So Vichitravirya was not a drunkard. That this little twist is totally unnecessary. Maybe they're doing it to show Satyavati as repentant that she is the reason Bhishma could not become King over his incapable brother.
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They probably spent too much money on unneccessary things. They couldn't afford to pay an actor to play Chitrangad so had to write him out.
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Chitrangada actually first became king after Shantanu's death, then died in battle w/ a Gandharva, and Vichitravirya succeeded him. He was not sick throughout his life - only after his marriage. 7 years after his marriage, he died, and then subsequent events followed.