Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fleur18 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi,
I think there would have been a change in the episodes because Bhisma could have kids of his own and there might have been rivalry between his kids and satyavatis and Ved Vyas may not have played such an important role and he may have not written the Mahabharat.

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: epiphany.

The Bhishma and Amba angle was indeed a good one in Kekta's MB. I liked it because Ronit Roy was great as Bhishma and Rakshanda Khan was no less. Their depiction of Amba's suffering was very effective. I, for one felt very disgusted with Bhishma in his disability to accept Amba. He'd have been a true Kshatriya in standing up for her and making amends. But the whole akhand pratigya thing made him helpless. Had it not been the way it was and should he have accepted and married Amba, things would have been very different. Their son would have taken the bloodline ahead. There would not have been the need for Pandu and Dhritrashtra to be born. Consequently, no Pandavas and Kauravas would have been there to fight a war.

Kankshita

The part in bold - agree completely ! That was the most sensibly n well treated track of Ekta's Mahabharat .
Ronit and Rakshanda , both did very well in that part n the pain of Amba n helplessness of Vhishma was very well depicted .

Now , coming back to the topic of the post - I absolutely think Vhishma was wrong by not marrying Amba immediately when she asked her to do so .

Was his ' Akhand Pratigya ' n all more important than a young beautiful princess's life ? Her happiness , her wounded self-respect . For me Vhishama's other than flawless character hits dust there . ( mind ! he is my fav character in entire Mahabharat ) 😳
If he wanted he could still maintain celibacy , at least Amba would've got back her lost self-respect n self-worth .
Edited by LuvMishalRaheja - 11 years ago
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LuvMishalRaheja

The part in bold - agree completely ! That was the most sensibly n well treated track of Ekta's Mahabharat .
Ronit and Rakshanda , both did very well in that part n the pain of Amba n helplessness of Vhishma was very well depicted .

Now , coming back to the topic of the post - I absolutely think Vhishma was wrong by not marrying Amba immediately when she asked her to do so .

Was his ' Akhand Pratigya ' n all more important than a young beautiful princess's life ? Her happiness , her wounded self-respect . For me Vhishama's other than flawless character hits dust there . ( mind ! he is my fav character in entire Mahabharat ) 😳
If he wanted he could still maintain celibacy , at least Amba would've got back her lost self-respect n self-worth .

I agree Mishti!!!!!!
A woman's self-respect was more important!!!!!!
He was paid back in his own coin when the bahu of his family Draupadi was insulted!!!!!
Ronit and Rakshanda's performance as Bhishma and Amba was fantastic!!!!!👏 👏 👏 👏
I cannot get over it ever!!!!!!
The fire in her as she demands that he marry her and the sizzling chemistry when she curses him and when she dies!!!!!!😊 😊 😊 😊 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

I agree Mishti!!!!!!
A woman's self-respect was more important!!!!!!
He was paid back in his own coin when the bahu of his family Draupadi was insulted!!!!!
Ronit and Rakshanda's performance as Bhishma and Amba was fantastic!!!!!👏 👏 👏 👏
I cannot get over it ever!!!!!!
The fire in her as she demands that he marry her and the sizzling chemistry when she curses him and when she dies!!!!!!😊 😊 😊 😊 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

Yes . Loved those few episodes of EK's MB very much , still watch them online whenever possible 😊

Rakshanda n Ronit nalied it totally . Their body language , dialog delivery n acting all was just perfect .

I felt bad for Amba since the first time I read this whole Vhishma-Amba part in Mahabharat .

-Alinaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
woohooo, this is an interesting topic.
It would have been a different story of Mahabharat, without Pandavs and Kauravs, if Amba n Bhisma has married. They would have made handsome warrior princes, who marry beautiful princesses. Would have a perfect disney story..
But in serious note, if Bhisma had married Amba, then it would have been proved that rules and oaths have to be modified for the betterment, and no oath bigger than a living human being.

BTW, I didnt watch Ekta's Mahabharat, coz the characters looked funny (in fact hilarious) in those attires. I would definitely watch the Bhisma-Amba portion now.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lola everything would have changed. Including his name
Nice post
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

hi
as far as i know when the 8th vasu was cursed to take birth by rishi vashishta , he also cursed that Dyu would be childless so even if he had married amba i dont think he would have had any heirs.

"The virtuous Apava, however, said, 'Ye Vasus, with Dhava and others, ye have been cursed by me. But ye shall be freed from my curse within a year of your birth among men. But he for whose deed ye have been cursed by me he, viz., Dyu, shall for his sinful act, have to dwell on earth for a length of time. I shall not make futile the words I have uttered in wrath. Dyu, though dwelling on Earth, shall not beget children. He shall, however, be virtuous and conversant with the scriptures. He shall be an obedient son to his father, but he shall have to abstain from the pleasure of female companionship.'"

I did not know this. If everything was thus fated Amba's fate too must have been predestined. Looks like a case of honi ko kaun taal sakta hai The battle of Kurushetra could also have been predestined making it inevitable 😲 😕!
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: peridot.

I did not know this. If everything was thus fated Amba's fate too must have been predestined. Looks like a case of honi ko kaun taal sakta hai The battle of Kurushetra could also have been predestined making it inevitable 😲 😕!

@bold:

of course it was predestined. it doesnt seem right to us , true, but without amba's need fr vengence shikhandi would not have taken birth and who else could have defeated bhisma in the battlefield?
remember even parashuram gave up on stalemate.
amba's treatment was the catalyst for the defeat of bhisma as was the treatment of draupadi catalyst for kurukshetra war.
Edited by bhas1066 - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhas1066

@bold:

of course it was predestined. it doesnt seem right to us , true, but without amba's need fr vengence shikhandi would not have taken birth and who else could have defeated bhisma in the battlefield?
remember even parashuram gave up on stalemate.
amba's treatment was the catalyst for the defeat of bhisma.

Looks like what will be will be 😛 No point in human beings fretting and fuming over anything. Yet there surely must be at least some free will involved ...or else paap or punya does not make sense ..hmmm.
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
everything that happens is conceived by god...all our stories are inter connected by him...I sometimes feel that god must be watching us all from heaven on a big screen tv...n whenever he is bored of one story, he must be changing channels to watch the story of the person from next door..

"accha Mrs xyz ne bahu ko gali di...hmm.. chitragupt please note it down in her list of paaps".. then change channel, next door "hmmm this man is stealing from this house...very bad...list his paap and i will make sure angle janam main Mrs xyz married this Mr chor."

just my imagination..
Edited by lovesunshine - 11 years ago