Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: psam4

arshiji I have a question about satyavathi.

yesterday I found many posts and reviews criticizing the way satyawathi character was portrayed.satyavathi's character was different in brc mahabarath and lot of us grew up watching it.
I still remember my grandma saying that it's not satyavathi's father but it was styavathi who put the conditions to shanthanu.today when I google about her it says in some versions it was actually satyavathi who was assured the inheritance of throne to her progeny. any idea about that?
Krishna part was good. it was a great idea (nayi soch). 👏 good way to teach the morals.
nice cb.

There are two versions to this, what I remember from my childhood, it was her father who put these conditions.

and I think it is not really important as to who put forward these conditions.

You know Santhi, when people look at Mahabharata as a linear, good vs bad, it will fail us

It is about motives, choices and decisions

Victory and defeat are but two sides of a coin and every bad has a past .

Mahabharat looks at why and not what, unlike Ramayana

So was it Satyavati herself, or was it her father? If it was her father, was she also in agreement or just a reluctant participant?

That is not significant, for what is of import here is that she chose to take this stand, which led to Bheeshma's pratigya.

The fall out will start from today itself - as the strength of Hastinapur yuvraj, he will win Amba, Ambika and Ambalika but not for himself, leading to the curse.

So choices, and decisions that are bad, not people, never people the actions are what must be judged and the motives behind those actions.
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I only like Krishna right now. The rest of the characterization is very disconnected and all over the place. No amount of money can make a great show if you don't pay attention to characterization. I feel that this MB lacks the soul. I still like Krishna though, he has the right amount of flirtatious and mischievous expressions and the gravity of voice. He is nice.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

I only like Krishna right now. The rest of the characterization is very disconnected and all over the place. No amount of money can make a great show if you don't pay attention to characterization. I feel that this MB lacks the soul. I still like Krishna though, he has the right amount of flirtatious and mischievous expressions and the gravity of voice. He is nice.

I agree with you, the soul is missing and it's disjointed, but lets give them a week to build up, maybe it will acquire a steady pace later.

On Krishna. While he is nice, my grouse is that he should have been darker, too fair to fit in with the description.

Krishnas beauty lay in his Shyam varna - dark color. This one is too fair
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

I agree with you, the soul is missing and it's disjointed, but lets give them a week to build up, maybe it will acquire a steady pace later.

On Krishna. While he is nice, my grouse is that he should have been darker, too fair to fit in with the description.

Krishnas beauty lay in his Shyam varna - dark color. This one is too fair

I agree. He is too fair. Ah, the typical post-colonial bias. How dark people cannot be attractive. So stupid. 😡
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I completely agree. Krishna is the only relatable character till now. I did expect much more than this as they are not able to match the hype that was created.
Scenes still seems disjointed and only the Krishna's scene is worth mentioning here. SRJ is doing a fab job here and would love to see him at the end of each and every episode.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

I agree. He is too fair. Ah, the typical post-colonial bias. How dark people cannot be attractive. So stupid. 😡

And while we sing praises about his beautiful dark skin, we are afraid to show a dark skinned Krishna, all these are minuses and they lessen the beauty of the show. Star plus panders to cliches once again.😕
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: rimi10

I completely agree. Krishna is the only relatable character till now. I did expect much more than this as they are not able to match the hype that was created.

Scenes still seems disjointed and only the Krishna's scene is worth mentioning here. SRJ is doing a fab job here and would love to see him at the end of each and every episode.

True rimi10, somewhere the finish product fails to deliver, in all the glitz, the finesse is missing and narrative is jumpy.

While Krishna is great, as I said, his fair skin detracts !

Make up needed to show him darker skinned

Nothing taken away from the actor, the director and designers at fault here
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hi arshi, have not seen the episode, nor wud see it, but ur crispy bytes r worth reading, loved it, looking forward to tomorrow's!
-lightinfested- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
okay i give a 5 ...
speed is too very fast ... i mean this shuld have been period when audiences shuld have connected with bheeshma ... and we have only completed 2nd epi.. ahh shantanu ws der just for a epi 😕

any ways .god kno why? but i m finding it difficult to get into the story ..the flow isnt smooth . it lyk the story is ...

okay my complains aside .coz its just second epi it takes tym to connect ...

the only character tht i find connected to is Kirshna ...
i really loved the screen play while he was narrating the moral of epi ... coz while was telling about the upbringing he himself was giving shape to the moist siol and creating beautiful pot ... nice one ...

n saurabh jain is doing a gr8 job
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: mandyg

hi arshi, have not seen the episode, nor wud see it, but ur crispy bytes r worth reading, loved it, looking forward to tomorrow's!

Kya Mandy, 😆 u r the tops.

Rajat Tokas still keeping you enthralled?