Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avyarima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Alinaa-

The article is too extreme, but I agree with him on certain points. Like the complexion of Krishna, I was also surprised to find the Krishna fair complexioned.

very funny...ha ha ha ha..its the complexion of Krishna you find as the biggest flows???...lol

dont worry dear, look at it this way. after hundreds of thousands of years bathing in Milk, honey, haldiπŸ˜ƒ and rose water...of course Krishna's complexion would change na?...lolπŸ˜‰ 🀣
merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
i dont think this Mahabharat is meant to last more then 6 months, considering the fast pace that it is going, the makers are touching the important aspects that have occurred and how one incident invariably lead to another, and ultimately the fall of Hastinapur,
considering the technology used to create this serial is incomparable to any other television show in india or abroad. the out door shootings for many scenes are used, if they have the carry this serial for 2 to 3 years the quality will drop drastically and people witll stop taking interest. look what happened to Ekata Mahabharat, it ran for around 4 to 5 months only to go of air,

i dont think the makers are looking at this venture as a long time bases. but more as a retrospection of old values in relation to are every day lives. i love the little snippets of Krishna appearance and the message he delivers. i loved the part where he talks about parenting, that parents want to secure their children's futures and forget about molding the present characters, this is so prevalent in our society today.

i love the message of how ambition can ask for a very high price, more then you are willing to give in the future. and how the uncontrolled selfish ambition of only one person can lead to the downfall of an entire nation.

i think the Mahabharat is brilliantly conceptualised
642126 thumbnail
Firstpost writers write like this only on every issue. And they are more of loose cannons if the article is about pop culture stuff. So this article has less to do with Colors vs Star.

I agree with the author on many counts.

The cast, with exception of one or two actors is not impressive. Some actors are clearly hamming and struggle shows in their voice itself while delivering their dialogues.

Special effects and all are good but excessive. It does make it look like an animation film at times.

Story is way too rushed. Many things have been left aside and it seems like they are jumping from one track to another in days!

Forget BRC's show. It's not free from criticism and charge of being underwhelming even as a standalone.

Attempts to give gyan are nice. But how does it make sense to show Krishna doing so if he is a part of this story himself?!

BTW I didn't like the writer bringing up Hindu-Muslim stuff when she talked of this MB and BRC one. It wasn't needed.

This MB is definitely a letdown given the value of the original epic and the incessant hype and publicity for this show. Still a better option than stupid saas bahu shows or silly shows with comedy out of nothing and passing time in celebrating festivals or eating/partying. I think it will get good ratings due to hype, curiosity associated with the epic, time slot and advantage of being on #1 channel Star Plus and general trend of historicals and mythos doing well these days will further contribute to its chances of success.
sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh HORROR!!!!! πŸ˜† Deepanjana Pal, of all people, getting worked up over "Mahabharat" TV show, that too after watching ONLY TWO episodes of a daily soap supposed to last for months. πŸ˜† Further, someone posted link to that article (posted on first post, where else, all usual suspects) here, & now we have a six-page long discussion over it. Hell... this is too funny. πŸ˜†
Now Deepanjana Pal (I mean the woman who wrote that article, in case anyone's wondering) has all-too-apparent proclivities. And what are those? My request to one & all here, all those poor people who actually went through Pal's "article", now read this well-written piece which recently appeared on NiTi Central. This article IS IN RESPONSE TO another of Deepanjana Pal's article, the author mentions it in the second paragraph of his article. Read it carefully, and it will tell you a lot about Deepanjana Pal, & a lot many other things too. Here's the link:

And as for the question whether Pal has managed to raise any valid point about the new Mahabharat show in her piece on first post, answer is NO, its rubbish, overloaded with nonsense.

saurabhrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Krishna is not part of story ri8 now but mere witness and guide of mb to us.
KiranlovSriti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
M really liking this Mahabharat yeah the old one was best till now. But this Mahabharat cant be called as failer at all..kahani toh avi shuru hui hai. M sure this show will rock.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with kiran.I am enjoying this Mahabharat.Its the best attempt after BR chopra's Mahabharat
angelina285 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
sets are mind blowing but still something is hugely lacking may it be characters or the way they are showing it.
I was so damn excited abt it...I wld hate if the reports wnt change
Edited by angelina285 - 11 years ago
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree that they are somewhere trying to rush with the storyline... maybe they plan to show certain stories by way of flasbacks...
895384 thumbnail
If you just like to see something mythological with stunning visuals than Mahadev on LifeOk is better...I'm sure most of you guys already watch it...but if not you can check older episodes back here: