Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
no proper introduction to characters...its not about whether its not preachy or not..the content lacks soul...looks like a kichdi to me...

as some one had mentioned before...it is for those viewers who are already well versded with Mahabharat...😕..they are literally taking viewers for granted..as much attention they are paying to special effects etc I wish they had devoted some of it towards the content and story telling also...
viewers like me would definitely benefit..😕
misty85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well I've read the article... To some extent I agree with the writer because new MB has failed to show the facts correctly. I'm saying this because I've also read the text of the mahabharata... I'm also upset with the portrayal of women in this new version... ganga's story is missing, Vyas is also missing, satyavati is shown as negative & selfish... considering all this I can only appreciate the animation & effects... but when it comes to the story makers have failed badly...
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: charizard

3 years of reserach and they came up with this ? like seriously ?

well ekta was better then !! she made a hideous mb with all greek costumes but atleast she didnt omit any facts and scenes

EK's Mahabharat was actually gave us very true n actual depiction of the incidents that happened in MB .
Her costumes n OTT sets destroyed it .
Plus the channel she chose to launch her MB was not at all a good decision .

But still the actors portraying the first few important characters of MB was well chosen in her version n at least they could act .
lucky.m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's too early to say if new MB is failure or not but yes I am disappointed with this show ..I have read the article ..though at some point u feel that this article is taking out its bhadass on SP's MB ..but it has mentioned some valid points ..which cant be ignored

Mahabharat is not some saas bahu saga aur fiction story where Channels creatives can come with twists and turns for sake of Trp's ..It s an EPIC and it has to be true to its original content.. and in the name of creative liberty ..they can't omit imp facts and tamper with original nature of characters .. Any one who is well versed with story of Mahabharat would easily know the flaws in this show ..

I really hope they don't butcher the story further..Have to wait and watch

Edited by lucky.m - 11 years ago
413226 thumbnail

A gree with most of the view points expressed above. It may not be fair to compare it with BR Chopra's classic but the story telling part needs improvement plus the tracks seem to change so abruptly. All visuals and no substance could kill the show. The Mahabharata stories are so interlinked that it would be hara-kiri to omit the relevant scenes.

lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i agree with everyone's viewpoints.. i think the story needs to be explained in detail as they did not show shantanu ganga story... plus satyavati was never evil...

also i think the makers want to start off with the pandavas n kauravas story immediately as the fans of the popular actors who would be doing to roles of arjun etc will make sure that the trp's never falter..

besides one thing i would like to point out that the makers have taken it as granted that every body knows the original story of mahabharat, so they have taken liberty in excluding certain things...

dont want to compare it with BR chopra but the start of BRC's mahabharat was abt king bharat (because ofcourse it was the story of bharatvarsh, kingdom of king bharat), n also the it was king bharat who had introduced 'democratic' choosing of king by its people..whoever can be a good ruler should sit on the throne and throne should not be acquired just because you are the son of a king..those were the principles set by king bharat which were followed but due to satyvati's marriage were broken ...n later on most unfit kings rules the bharat kingdom...n did most heinous crimes sitting on the throne..n thats when god himself intervened to again form a new society and instill values in it ..

that needed to be included
vanitha3d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I watched the first episode...not very impressed. let us see how it proceeds
Edited by vanitha3d - 11 years ago
-Alinaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovesunshine

i agree with everyone's viewpoints.. i think the story needs to be explained in detail as they did not show shantanu ganga story... plus satyavati was never evil...

also i think the makers want to start off with the pandavas n kauravas story immediately as the fans of the popular actors who would be doing to roles of arjun etc will make sure that the trp's never falter..

besides one thing i would like to point out that the makers have taken it as granted that every body knows the original story of mahabharat, so they have taken liberty in excluding certain things...

dont want to compare it with BR chopra but the start of BRC's mahabharat was abt king bharat (because ofcourse it was the story of bharatvarsh, kingdom of king bharat), n also the it was king bharat who had introduced 'democratic' choosing of king by its people..whoever can be a good ruler should sit on the throne and throne should not be acquired just because you are the son of a king..those were the principles set by king bharat which were followed but due to satyvati's marriage were broken ...n later on most unfit kings rules the bharat kingdom...n did most heinous crimes sitting on the throne..n thats when god himself intervened to again form a new society and instill values in it ..

that needed to be included

Bold: exactly my thoughts.
704537 thumbnail
i wudn compare this show with the earlier versions...takes time to get to the show...
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This Mahbharat is way to better than the last all Mahabharat shows in the television..
Still it could not reach the level where the B.R flims Mahabharat was..

And frankly speaking the edited version of Amba, Ambika and Ambalika story I don't like.

Visma kidnapped all three sisters..

They are showing here a too righteous Visma...

Anyway, the show has just started, and all are striving to reach that level, the creatives, grafix team and as well as the actors...

And I think I could catch that level if they try...

p.s: I am sharing my views only as a simple viewer of the show and only from the Mahabharat's story's perspective,
Edited by panchaali - 11 years ago