Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: lovesunshine

absolutely loved tonight's episode!krishna was superb n so was bheeshma...the set , special effects were awesome.. however did not like the actress who played ganga her acting was too impassive n amateurish... bad dialogue delivery! overall it was a splendid experience

I liked Ganga. 😳 She wasn't as good as the other featured female last night, okay. But she was still surprisingly very nice. Splendid experience?! Yeah, cheers!
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: epiphany.

I'll be honest and even at the cost of sounding naive, hey, I liked all the video effects! 😳😆 TV standards and this? This is SO above em, they'll get better in time.

i meant the outdoor shoots like the riverside scenes and fisher village .. those are not done well enough i guess .. but indoor shooting was good ..

liked all the effects what so ever ..

but i must say promos were the best so far .. I hope the same director directs the whole show ..
thegameison thumbnail

Originally posted by: GodhuliLogon

i meant the outdoor shoots like the riverside scenes and fisher village .. those are not done well enough i guess .. but indoor shooting was good ..

liked all the effects what so ever ..

but i must say promos were the best so far .. I hope the same director directs the whole show ..

I liked those as well. 😆

About the promos, I quite agree!
KaaliBilli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The show does offer immense promise with grand locales and special effects. It's too early to speculate on acting, background score, storyline and dialogues but they seem to be fairly decent for now. [Though dialogues are a little inconsistent with colloquial tone and formal tone here and there but I guess that's alright]

I guess the show is also trying to be high on symbolism by making Satyavati catch the "big fish" in the opening scene. She doesn't leave what she has marked (as she says so) and its evident the way the entire story unfolds with Devavrata forgoing his inheritance. That could be the reason why he is shown to promise Satyavati in this rendition of MB and not her father, the way the story really goes.

I am alright with mild modification of details such as these but the impact it has on the character as a whole would be incorrect. In MB everything is connected, tied and every action has a meaning with a possible back story so if the writers take a liberty to deviate from a well known fact, it should be suitably corroborated.

Its a refreshing change from the mundane stuff that we get to watch on TV and finally, something to look forward to and actually warranting a debate. At least for that, I am thankful.

- KB.
akanksha_a thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very well written review...agree with you. It was a surprise to see Krishna as the narrator...the actor is just perfect for the part and he did a splendid job...They seem to have got a pretty good cast together...Loved the outdoor locales, the sets, costumes, visual effects...pretty much everything! Really looking forward and very excited to see my favorite epic on TV again!
princessglory thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nice post i agree fabulous and fantastic start straight to my heart so pure and divine and as per our tradition Mahabharat is written Ved vyas who himself is one of the avatars of lord vishnu so krishna narrating the story is excellent
thegameison thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaaliBilli

The show does offer immense promise with grand locales and special effects. It's too early to speculate on acting, background score, storyline and dialogues but they seem to be fairly decent for now. [Though dialogues are a little inconsistent with colloquial tone and formal tone here and there but I guess that's alright]

I guess the show is also trying to be high on symbolism by making Satyavati catch the "big fish" in the opening scene. She doesn't leave what she has marked (as she says so) and its evident the way the entire story unfolds with Devavrata forgoing his inheritance. That could be the reason why he is shown to promise Satyavati in this rendition of MB and not her father, the way the story really goes.

I am alright with mild modification of details such as these but the impact it has on the character as a whole would be incorrect. In MB everything is connected, tied and every action has a meaning with a possible back story so if the writers take a liberty to deviate from a well known fact, it should be suitably corroborated.

Its a refreshing change from the mundane stuff that we get to watch on TV and finally, something to look forward to and actually warranting a debate. At least for that, I am thankful.

- KB.

Well said, that's quite a review in itself. Allow me to say that I quite agree with you. I haven't formed a definite opinion of the story and the background music etc as of yet. We're only one episode down, after all. But the actors who have been featured so far were more than satisfactory.

Modifications, exactly! They are acceptable but they need to be done with a fair amount of caution. Like, I did not like that Satyawati according to the show had met Shantanu before the father-son reunion. 😳

It is refreshing, you bet.
thegameison thumbnail

Originally posted by: akanksha_a

Very well written review...agree with you. It was a surprise to see Krishna as the narrator...the actor is just perfect for the part and he did a splendid job...They seem to have got a pretty good cast together...Loved the outdoor locales, the sets, costumes, visual effects...pretty much everything! Really looking forward and very excited to see my favorite epic on TV again!

Thank you! 😳 Yep. Krishna was the first surprise in there. The second was how impressed I'm with Satyawati. I'm looking forward too.
thegameison thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessglory

nice post i agree fabulous and fantastic start straight to my heart so pure and divine and as per our tradition Mahabharat is written Ved vyas who himself is one of the avatars of lord vishnu so krishna narrating the story is excellent

Thanks! 😃 And it really is quite excellent, I agree. 😳
imnowhere thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: epiphany.

It was grand-ish, yes. And I agree, Satyawati hasn't had such an impact on me before. We owe it to Sayanti Ghosh really, and perhaps the dialogue writers. Krishna? Everybody liked him! But no, it can't have been an actual appearance in the story, he's not born yet, remember?

Yes I agree. But Krishna is supposed to be narrating the story to youths of today. I would have liked it better if the opening scene was with Shree Krishna starting the narration. His scene looked a bit disconnected to me.
Edited by mridula.shome - 11 years ago