Mahabharat should we compare?- discuss here only/ VB Nt pg 4

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Ever since this forum was created, I've been seeing comparisons between BR Chopra's Mahabharat and SP's...before it even started! Can people please stop?
It always bothers me so much when mythological shows are compared with each other, especially the old and new ones. Why can't people just appreciate the positives and not bring the old mythos into comparison each and every time a new mythological show is made? No one ever criticizes the old mythos. Then why do fans of old mythos feel compelled to put down the new mythos without even giving them a chance? I dislike such a narrow-minded attitude.
Already people have begun saying Saurabh is nowhere near Nitish Bharadwaj, blah blah blah. That's really mean and unfair because 1) The show did not even begin yet 🤔 and 2) Why can't people evaluate Saurabh impartially without comparing him to Nitish?
I love BR Chopra's Mahabharat and Nitish as Krishna a lot too, but I'd really like to appreciate this version without any comparisons. If fans of BR Chopra's Mahahbharat don't like this version, then please go to the Mythological Masti forum to discuss your favorite show. There's no need to be a party pooper and ruin the viewing experience for everyone else.
Nitish Bharadwaj does not own the role of Krishna, and BR Chopra never owned Mahabharat. I'm sure Shri Krishna (the God) would not appreciate such comparisons either.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree. This is the only reason why I didn't come to the forum before today, because I knew about the inevitable comparison posts and threads and comments. However, They don't bother me. If I like the show, I will watch. Plain and simple. B.R Chopra, as you correctly pointed out, does not own Mahabharat. This show should aim towards carving its own niche, and not worry about living upto some ghosts of serials past. 😉 Sorry if I offended anyone, but I cannot help being honest. Yeah yeah, just because B.R Chopra made an epic Mahabharat does not mean that our generation will not get a chance to be a part of Mahabharat and its characters. This is my chance, and I, for one, am grabbing it. 😉
_BacknForth_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Much needed post. I agree.
Anisha06 thumbnail
Agree Janaki much needed post 😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
@Star_girl,

Yes, exactly. BR Chopra's Mahabharat was no doubt an epic show, but that doesn't mean no other show can do an equally good job. We should at least give this Mahabharat a chance .

What I found most ridiculous was that this Mahabharat did not even start yet, and yet some diehard fans of BRC's MB felt they had the right to make severe judgments on the show and actors, thereby proving that they had absolutely no basis for their criticism.
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well said buddy. positive to be uplifted instead of being comparative. show haven't begun yet and some r already into a conclusion
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
agree janki ..nice post..but the thing is that the older version has etched in people's mind..the characters and the actors who played them matched with each other to the T... besides the one who is first is always remembered...so people cant stop but keep comparing and i think the makers of the new show also must have accepted this fact and taken it with a pinch of salt...

the fact was that when the older version was made the tv industry was not as big, it was a weekly show not a daily show and the actors who played these roles were serious theater actors who kind of studied the characters entered into the skin of the character..their acting was more dramatic and theater like...the technology had not that much progressed ...besides these actors only had this one project at the time so they had more time to work on their lines, dialogues.. ...there was no trps battle ...no replacement tensions ...but they knew one thing is to act...if you see most of them like the older yudhisthir etc were not even that much good looking but fitted to the role..

the new breed of actors have more pressure, competition..plus most of the actors are trained actors but they are trained daily soap actors...so it does take more time to adjust...

i am sure if the new actors are good enough people will like their work as well...

let the show begin!!!

Edited by lovesunshine - 11 years ago
navya19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well said dear :)) It was then, but SP MB is now :)) Sure everyone will rock with their character 😊
Viji79 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Janaki I don't know about posts and comments made about praising old MB over new. Nostalgic journey to the old MB is inevitable as it was aired in times when DD was the only source of entertainment and the programs aired in DD lacked variety. The comparison is also to certain extent inevitable until the actors grow upon us to erase if not fully to certain extent the indelible mark that the actors of old MB have left in their viewers. I am surprised that members who were not even born at that time are familiar with old MB through DVDs. As far comparing actors, i dont support criticizing the new actors even before the show starts. If you remember such comparisons where there between Arun govil and GC as well. But it was only a matter of time, eventually GC won over the viewers and the rest is history. So let us have some patience and wait and watch and leave rest to the mods to take care of derogatory posts, if made.
Adr_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It was a much need post 👍🏼